Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 02:41:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227985 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy update
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy update  (Read 25526 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2005, 12:38:28 PM »

he won`t give any statement....     the only comment he most likely will give until an official release date is revealed is that he hopes it will come out sometime in the next yearand that there might be news soon...  or dou you think we`ll get an "anouncment" by tommy and not the band in general(official)?

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2005, 03:03:57 PM »

or dou you think we`ll get an "anouncment" by tommy and not the band in general(official)?

I certainly wouldn't expect Tommy to say 'hey CD is coming out on X date and we're touring', but i think he would say something to the effect of 'i'll be busy with guns for the forseeable future..." And if that's the case, i think you could probably infer that something might be up. I'm not naive enough to think we'll get a really concrete statement-but knowing what Tommy's schedule is like for early 2006 probably we'll tell you something about what's up with gnr.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
velve
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2005, 06:05:02 PM »

From a very good friend who is a friend of Tommy And Soul Asylum. Tommy has not been in GnR for awhile now.( and I don't mean not around Axl, or not workig on the album, or He is playing with these guys, or he is touring behind his solo album)  Tommy as well as anyone else close to this whole mess knows... This record was never going to happen. Sorurces close to the label as well as Dizzy have said the same thing. It sucks because I have been wating for this to happen for soooo long. Don't believe me??? Get your boy that always sniff's out these things to see what he can find out. So sorry to report.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2005, 06:14:20 PM »

.. wow guys.. the dreams over...

why?

Cuz a one post wonder named velve who has "connections"  told us so.

Im leaving forever boys.. it was good while it lasted.

hihi

gnrevolution.com
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2005, 06:15:48 PM »

From a very good friend who is a friend of Tommy And Soul Asylum. Tommy has not been in GnR for awhile now.( and I don't mean not around Axl, or not workig on the album, or He is playing with these guys, or he is touring behind his solo album)  Tommy as well as anyone else close to this whole mess knows... This record was never going to happen. Sorurces close to the label as well as Dizzy have said the same thing. It sucks because I have been wating for this to happen for soooo long. Don't believe me??? Get your boy that always sniff's out these things to see what he can find out. So sorry to report.

If this record was never going to happen, then why even bother staying around as long as they did?  If what you say is true, then there is no logical explanation for why the band members would stick around as long as they did.  None whatsoever!

If this record was never going to  happen, then why would Richard Fortus return to LA after touring with Nena and record more guitar parts?  If the record was never going to happen, then there is no logical explanantion for that, either.

Ali
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2005, 06:17:16 PM »

$$ can explain alot

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2005, 06:21:51 PM »

.. wow guys.. the dreams over...
 hihi
why?

Cuz a one post wonder named velve who has "connections"  told us so.

Im leaving forever boys.. it was good while it lasted.

hihi

Oh, the humanity!!

---Nick Nasty--

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2005, 06:23:33 PM »

Wait until Rock in Rio/next spring/summer for final conclusions.
If NOTHING happens, then it will be over. We aren't yet in may or june'06, so let's wait.
However, after so long in the dark, I really wonder how Axl will be physically and psychologically to tour. He is aging. He is about to be 44...not 25...do you see what I mean?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 06:28:26 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2005, 06:34:44 PM »

Ahhh-I see our one-post wonder has stopped viewing the board, glad he got his 15 minutes of fame....look, Mysteron, who, to my knolwedge, has always been accurate regarding Tommy and what he's doing--whatever else hes been inaccurate with, he's been right on that-so if he says Tommy's still there I'll take his word on it for now. But in any event Tommy will say something about what he is up to probably after January-not like we'll be waiting a century to find out one way or the other! And to say Dizzy's is trashing the record-please! The man is loyal to a T to axl...i think he'd keep his grumbling to himself if he is pissed off (which i doubt)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 09:47:21 PM by NickNastyIII: The Return » Logged

---Nick Nasty--

RichardNixon
« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2005, 07:02:08 PM »

As long as the current members stay in GN'R, there is a chance of a release, whether it be 200, 2007, or 2017. We've waited soooooo long, it's kind of arbitrary to say "if it doesn't come out by the summer of 06, its over."
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2005, 07:05:11 PM »

From a very good friend who is a friend of Tommy And Soul Asylum. Tommy has not been in GnR for awhile now.( and I don't mean not around Axl, or not workig on the album, or He is playing with these guys, or he is touring behind his solo album)? Tommy as well as anyone else close to this whole mess knows... This record was never going to happen. Sorurces close to the label as well as Dizzy have said the same thing. It sucks because I have been wating for this to happen for soooo long. Don't believe me??? Get your boy that always sniff's out these things to see what he can find out. So sorry to report.

Well, I guess we might as well delete our accounts and Jarmo switch this site to a Nickelback fan site.  Thanks for letting us know in advance. ok

velve
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2005, 01:29:57 AM »

Don't get mad.  $ does alot to keep people( esp. people that never really made a good living out of playing music, stay around.  You can huff and puff and throw around shitty(but funny) refrences to nickleback and not believe any of it.  The fact of the matter is "We aint' got a new record yet" do we kids.  So much has gone on in that camp your heads would swim. if you truly knew how Axl felt and what he called HIS fan base you would all die. The man feels he is cosmopolition, and above the Bud drinking cock rockin' tag that has made GnR the money making machine it is. Why do you think Finck, Stinson, Brain, etc is on the payroll. CRED!!! these guys are not COCKROCKERS. I don't hate Axl for that, and yes it is offensive but hey! what are you gonna do. That girlfriend in the ninties plucked him from the sunset sleeze vibe, so has his friendships with Elton, Brian May and Weezer to name a few. Would these guys like to see an album of their work see the light of day? I'm sure they would. Is it a pressing issue, while getting paid to record for what... 12 years or so? Hell no. Again, don't be all mad and stomp your feet. This is something that was said to me by a close friend of Tommy's. Do not be shocked if the big anouncement from Mr. Stinson is I am moving on to other projects such as Soul Asylum, solo recording and film work. My time in the ranks of Guns And Roses was great  Axl is the greatest, I have learned so much and You fans were so wonderful but I must move on.
Start attacking........ Now
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2005, 02:34:05 AM »

So much has gone on in that camp your heads would swim. if you truly knew how Axl felt and what he called HIS fan base you would all die.
enlighten us then

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2005, 02:52:06 AM »

I don't think anybody would be shocked if somebody left GN'R at this point.

Just look at the various discussions/rumors (Brain will leave because Buckethead is gone, Tommy will leave, Robin has left etc.) we've seen over the years.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2005, 03:08:38 AM »

I wouldnt be shocked.. but greatly saddened

gnrevolution.com
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2005, 04:42:58 AM »

Do not be shocked if the big anouncement from Mr. Stinson is I am moving on to other projects such as Soul Asylum, solo recording and film work. My time in the ranks of Guns And Roses was great? Axl is the greatest, I have learned so much and You fans were so wonderful but I must move on.

I wouldn't be surprised. Tommy would be remembered as a loyal guy, a great musician, with a lot of patience (the man arrived in 1998! almost 8 years ago), but when you work your arsse on an album and that Captain A does NOT want to release it (for many reasons), well, after 8 fucking years of your life you have the right to move on. EVERYBODY would do the same.
I have no doubts about the quality of ChiDem, i'm sure it's a great record, but it may never come out. I think now the future of GN'R is this upcomming VR concept album. Axl is loosing the game. Maybe he already lost the game a long time ago. He is too proud and has a way too big ego to recognize officialy that he failed. We all know the man: his answer is reclusion and silence. It's his way to say "it's over". Do you get it?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 04:48:09 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2005, 08:35:28 AM »

I don't think anybody would be shocked if somebody left GN'R at this point.

Just look at the various discussions/rumors (Brain will leave because Buckethead is gone, Tommy will leave, Robin has left etc.) we've seen over the years.

It certainly wouldn't shock me if anybody left if they saw greener pastures out there, and it's entirely possible that Tommy could say he's quitting after the holidays. but right now there's no hard evidence of that happening.

So much has gone on in that camp your heads would swim. if you truly knew how Axl felt and what he called HIS fan base you would all die. The man feels he is cosmopolition, and above the Bud drinking cock rockin' tag that has made GnR the money making machine it is.

As YG said enlighten us then as to how you know exactly what goes on in Axl's head-because it seems to me nobody else does.

---Nick Nasty--

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #97 on: December 22, 2005, 09:00:15 AM »

i think this comment (by tommy`s webmaster for fucks sake.....) is taken way to important.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #98 on: December 22, 2005, 03:14:57 PM »

Ditto to WARose

From a very good friend who is a friend of Tommy And Soul Asylum. Tommy has not been in GnR for awhile now.( and I don't mean not around Axl, or not workig on the album, or He is playing with these guys, or he is touring behind his solo album)  Tommy as well as anyone else close to this whole mess knows...

Jolly good.  hihi
I sorta see the patterns of the outbreak of 'the good friends of the friends who are friends of whoever intheknow'.
So you want Tommy to be kicked out of GNR, perhaps? In Hopes that Axl hears your story, huh?

This record was never going to happen.

Yeah couldbe once it WAS rumoured so, polly about late 2003 ~ early 2004...When did your 'very good friend who is a friend of Tommy And Soul Asylum' talk to them last, if ever?

if you truly knew how Axl felt and what he called HIS fan base you would all die

What yg and NickNastyIII said. 
BTW, How Axl would feel and what he'd call the 'fans' like you are not so hard to imagine.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2005, 03:46:02 PM »

The man feels he is cosmopolition, and above the Bud drinking cock rockin' tag that has made GnR the money making machine it is. Why do you think Finck, Stinson, Brain, etc is on the payroll. CRED!!! these guys are not COCKROCKERS. I don't hate Axl for that, and yes it is offensive but hey! what are you gonna do.

If he wanted to move away from the bud drinking, "COCKROCKERS" why the fuck keep the band name that got him famous in the first place with those fans jackass?? Roll Eyes He's obviously tying his newest endeavor to his past fame, otherwise he woulda just done what ozzy did and used his own name and not his past band name.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: