Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 10:46:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227984 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Hallenstadion,Z?rich,Switzerland - POSTPONED
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hallenstadion,Z?rich,Switzerland - POSTPONED  (Read 23772 times)
Origen
« Reply #100 on: June 21, 2006, 05:43:51 PM »

ok , brain'wife is pregnant but he's doin' an european tour ... .WITH GUNS N' ROSES .. MAYBE YOU CAN WAIT AND SEE YOUR SON WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH THE TOUR ..... OK?

That's messed up, this is his family, his wife having his child. Fuck Guns N Roses he should be with his family, and nobody should expect him to miss that
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #101 on: June 21, 2006, 05:46:03 PM »

no one should force someone out of becoming a daddy.

Glad to know the circumstances were okay for Brain.

Nothing to say
CD2006
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2006, 05:47:01 PM »

ok , brain'wife is pregnant but he's doin' an european tour ... .WITH GUNS N' ROSES .. MAYBE YOU CAN WAIT AND SEE YOUR SON WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH THE TOUR ..... OK?

That's messed up, this is his family, his wife having his child. Fuck Guns N Roses he should be with his family, and nobody should expect him to miss that

of course family comes first, but those words you just said right there should not be uttered by a fan. but then again, knowing your post history, i know you don't qualify as one.
Origen
« Reply #103 on: June 21, 2006, 05:50:54 PM »

of course family comes first, but those words you just said right there should not be uttered by a fan. but then again, knowing your post history, i know you don't qualify as one.

That's taken it out of content, fuck GnR when family is concerned. Most if probably not all musicians would put there families over there music.

And I ain't going to spoil this thread with an arguement with you. If you have time to look through someones post history then maybe you should get out more. And that's all I am saying because liek I said I'm not going to fuck up this thread just because your havign a tantrum.
Death Cube K
« Reply #104 on: June 21, 2006, 05:53:08 PM »

I sincerely hope you're not a parent yourself or wanna become one...
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #105 on: June 21, 2006, 05:53:50 PM »

Origen, you are either too young or you don't have the paternal fiber, sorry for you mate.

Nothing to say
CD2006
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: June 21, 2006, 05:55:14 PM »

Origen, you are either too young or you don't have the paternal fiber, sorry for you mate.

lol, what in the world rofl

may be true!
geographicaloddity
Headliner

two weeks from everywhere

« Reply #107 on: June 21, 2006, 05:59:36 PM »

Of course he is going to go home for the birth of his child! Wow! What an idiotic statement to think he wouldn't!
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #108 on: June 21, 2006, 06:00:47 PM »

If he was french, he would contractually be allowed to a paternity leave ( paid)  Grin

Nothing to say
geographicaloddity
Headliner

two weeks from everywhere

« Reply #109 on: June 21, 2006, 06:01:53 PM »

in most of Europe. America is just behind when it comes to paternity and maternity leave
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: June 21, 2006, 06:03:21 PM »

lol, what in the world rofl

may be true!

Poor guy.. I think there's a misunderstanding here somewhere...
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #111 on: June 21, 2006, 06:04:13 PM »

in most of Europe. America is just behind when it comes to paternity and maternity leave

Pooor brain, he has his whole yearly holidays into his paternity ( teasin )  Grin

I am so happy, gnr is becoming a tight family.

Nothing to say
Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #112 on: June 21, 2006, 06:06:16 PM »

If he was french, he would contractually be allowed to a paternity leave ( paid)  Grin

ROFL that was too fuckin funny  rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
good luck Brain with your 1st son!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
EFISH
« Reply #113 on: June 21, 2006, 06:07:38 PM »

congrats to brain for having a child!

to the few that said "u can see your baby later, right now.. your with gnr"

thats messed up.

he's not going to just keep playing with gnr in europe while his son is sitting there without a dad and all.

he'll be back in 2 weeks.. no big deal

curious to see how this new guy fairs...
tonya_ytzerman
tiger
Rocker

Her Most Evilness

« Reply #114 on: June 21, 2006, 06:35:31 PM »

Ok, I'll at least try to make this post meaningful.

I was there, in line at 3pm. There were about 3 tourbusses, some of which I'd seen at Novarock (maybe Avenged Sevenfold). Like 15min later, rumors broke out about the gig not taking place, for all shrewd kinds of reasons (Axl not getting enough money, Axl is an asshole, blahblahblah). At some point, I saw said tourbus leave the premises, so I sent our Lord and Master a text asking what the fuck was going on. I was told about the press release and given the advice not smash anything, so I didn't Wink . There was no security, noone from the stadium, noone from the promoter that even put a sign up or told anyone anything, which was kinda bad (that was around 4pm). Keleko and I left shortly thereafter, and Keleko saw signs on the huge electronic ad board in the main train station saying the show wouldn't take place (around 8pm). However, there were fans arriving at the stadium until well after 8pm (Keleko lives right next to it, so he saw it).

The biggest newspaper in Switzerland, 20minuten, had the following text on their page:
(Translation)
Guns N' Roses: Good News Has Fans Travel in Vain
Guns N' Roses Zurich concert of today, 21st of June, is cancelled. Insiders got notified already during the day. Promoter Good News however claimed that the rock show would take place until only a few hours before the concert.

Rock giants Guns N' Roses, one of the biggest bands of all times, have cancelled their concert in Zurich's Hallenstadion on Wednesday, June 21st 2006.

Already in the course of the day there were lots of rumors about the concert not taking place. Invited guests were via voce warned that the gig was cancelled. Good News however insisted on the realization of the show. 20minuten.ch asked Dano Tamasy of Good News four and a half hours before the show should have started. He said he hadn't heard of any intricacies. "The concert is definitely taking place", he explicitly explained on repeated demand. Because, says Tamasy: "There's nothing true about all these rumors".

Half an hour later, the show was officially cancelled. During the time the spokesperson for Good News was denying all problems, they obviously had found the time to fix a new date for the concert. 1st of July will be the date. The promoter claims that the reason for the postponement is that the drummer's wife was pregnant and was having intricacies with birth.

The people left behind in all this communication chaos are the fans. Until 4pm they found a message on the Good News web page saying the concert was starting at 19:45 [instead of the original 20:00]. Only shortly after 4pm, the official cancellation was published on the web page.
(source: http://www.20min.ch/unterhaltung/sounds/story/24788887 )

They also have another (interesting?) article about Gn'R:
(Translation)
Openair St. Gallen: Without Guns N' Roses

Only just 24 hours after giving confirmation, Guns N' Roses pull the plug for their show in Sittertobel.

On Tuesday, June 20th, the good news arrived: Guns N' Roses, who should have played their first gig in Switzerland on June 21st in Zurich's Hallenstadion, are ready to take the vacant slot left by Korn at OpenAir St. Gallen. A written confirmation of the band was on hand. Only one day later the disenchantment: Guns N' Roses have bailed out again.

The band's management gave as a reason that drummer Brian "Brain" Mantia's wife was pregnant, and that he had to fly to San Francisco to be with her. The concert planned in Hallenstadion is being postponed from Wednesday night to Saturday, July 1st - the date when the band should have rocked Sittertobel.

Festival organisators are very disappointed about things went and are working hard on finding a definite replacement for Korn.

They are still looking for a worthy replacement for Coheed & Cohimbria, who should have played on Friday.
(source: http://www.20min.ch/unterhaltung/sounds/story/22703937 )

What shall I say, I have been lucky that this happened on a gig that's just 10min from where I live, and I feel awfully sorry for those guys and gals who spent money, time, and employer's goodwill to be here tonight. Hope you all can make it on July 1st  Embarrassed

Of course I wish Brain and his family (-to-be?) all the best, and I understand that the show is postponed, given that the bad news must have reached the band themselves on rather short notice, no matter whether they have someone ready to hop in or not . However, I'm far from being happy.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 07:09:07 PM by tonya_ytzerman » Logged

[size=0]shiftless when i'm idle[/size]
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #115 on: June 21, 2006, 07:10:28 PM »

It does suck that the show had to be cancelled.  I wish Brain and his wife the best of luck with the new little one too Smiley  It must be a big thing for him if this is his first child.  Having the understudy on tour with them means they were expecting it at some point.  I just hope that everything is well for the mom and babe

Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
RichardNixon
« Reply #116 on: June 21, 2006, 07:21:31 PM »

The show has been moved a few weeks, right? Shit happens. Happened when I went to see VH a few years ago and NIN this year. They will make it up to those that had tix.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #117 on: June 21, 2006, 07:35:32 PM »

This only makes me respect Brain and the whole band more.  GNR rocks and best wishes to Brain and Mrs. Brain.    beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #118 on: June 21, 2006, 07:57:15 PM »

Has his wife just gotten pregnant or is she giving birth?
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #119 on: June 21, 2006, 08:03:38 PM »

An early congrats to Brain and i think it would be utterly stupid not to go and take care of his wife and child!!!  ok

And it will be interesting with a new drummer too!!

off topic, here's my 5 hour old son!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy beer

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: