Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 08:58:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Hallenstadion,Z?rich,Switzerland - POSTPONED
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hallenstadion,Z?rich,Switzerland - POSTPONED  (Read 23490 times)
Scarlett
Headliner

Someday.......

« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2006, 08:07:07 PM »

Congratulations, erose!  beer He is adorable.  Smiley

'Cause nothin' lasts forever
Even cold November rain
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #121 on: June 21, 2006, 08:13:23 PM »

awww erose, he is a beauty !!!!!!!

congratulations !!!!!  yes Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

Nothing to say
kingaxl
Banned
Rocker

im no prophet but i can tell you somethin!!!!!

« Reply #122 on: June 21, 2006, 08:18:06 PM »

huhhh....lets see....huuuh..whats this thread about?Huh lets start another like huhh maybe '' how melted cheese taste on axl's nipple'' or '' do you think axl bite or cut his nails'' that would be more credible!!!!!! peace

she took my sperm without my permission!!!
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #123 on: June 21, 2006, 08:58:44 PM »

Anybody whining will see their post disappear.

Brain's wife is pregnant. You really need to get a clue if you think that's not a reason to postpone a show.

/jarmo

Come on jarmo ...don't be like that ....
there' s a good reason to whine ... they have an extra drummer and they don't use him....
i would like to see u if u had bought tickets for zurich , took a day off work ... for what ?? a no show ..

ok , brain'wife is pregnant but he's doin' an european tour ... .WITH GUNS N' ROSES .. MAYBE YOU CAN WAIT AND SEE YOUR SON WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH THE TOUR ..... OK?
you are probably the type of person who never had a girlfriend wont get married or have a kid. Fuck off! Oh yea and the extra drummer needs to practice to dick weed he cant just practice once with the band and play a big fucking show.

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #124 on: June 21, 2006, 09:08:08 PM »

pretty classy press release for once - sounds like they genuinely want to do right by the fans? ok

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #125 on: June 22, 2006, 02:29:21 AM »

Well, I was at the show, on the press released that was there (written in german) it says that there have been some complications with brain's wife pregnancy. I really hope it'll be ok. Smiley

I'll see them on 1st of July Cool

Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #126 on: June 22, 2006, 03:15:31 AM »

Undecided i hope she and the baby are ok.. Undecided

Nothing to say
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #127 on: June 22, 2006, 03:25:26 AM »

Yeah I'm pretty worried cause of this complications stuff. Hope it's not too bad... I hope we'll have some news soon !

Oh, it was pretty funny cause the promoters are "Good News". So on the paper which announced that the show is cancelled it was writtent :

"GOOD NEWS : Show is cancelled etc..." Tongue

acciu
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #128 on: June 22, 2006, 03:43:46 AM »

Brain's wife is pregnant. You really need to get a clue if you think that's not a reason to postpone a show.

/jarmo

there' s a good reason to whine ... they have an extra drummer and they don't use him....
i would like to see u if u had bought tickets for zurich , took a day off work ... for what ?? a no show ..

ok , brain'wife is pregnant but he's doin' an european tour ... .WITH GUNS N' ROSES .. MAYBE YOU CAN WAIT AND SEE YOUR SON WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH THE TOUR ..... OK?
you are probably the type of person who never had a girlfriend wont get married or have a kid. Fuck off! Oh yea and the extra drummer needs to practice to dick weed he cant just practice once with the band and play a big fucking show.

Ehi fuckface  .... maybe u never had a girlfriend .... but i had yours .
You stupid dumb i was talkin' about  the real necesity to leave the band during an euro tour considering he's a semi-hired musician ... like the rest of the band ; i think axl gave the opportunity to him otherwise he would have lost his place in the band .... like gilby in 94 ... when he had a controversial with axl for touring with another band ..think about it...
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #129 on: June 22, 2006, 04:06:46 AM »

/jarmo

Ehi fuckface  .... maybe u never had a girlfriend .... but i had yours .
You stupid dumb i was talkin' about  the real necesity to leave the band during an euro tour considering he's a semi-hired musician ... like the rest of the band ; i think axl gave the opportunity to him otherwise he would have lost his place in the band .... like gilby in 94 ... when he had a controversial with axl for touring with another band ..think about it...

Please stop that. We're talking about the Zurich show that has been postponed here and Brain's wife pregnancy...

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #130 on: June 22, 2006, 04:18:31 AM »

Ehi fuckface? ....

Come back in three days after you've thought about what an idiot you've been in this thread.  ok

Hopefully, for your own sake, you'll understand how this place works by then.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Steph
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #131 on: June 22, 2006, 05:39:37 AM »

What shall I say, I have been lucky that this happened on a gig that's just 10min from where I live, and I feel awfully sorry for those guys and gals who spent money, time, and employer's goodwill to be here tonight. Hope you all can make it on July 1st? Embarrassed

Of course I wish Brain and his family (-to-be?) all the best, and I understand that the show is postponed, given that the bad news must have reached the band themselves on rather short notice, no matter whether they have someone ready to hop in or not . However, I'm far from being happy.

Must say I feel exactly the same...

I'm just back home from Zurich...living in Italy I had to drive 9 hours to get there and ask a day off at my workplace, of course...
Since I can't speak german, when I saw that press release in front of the Hallenstadion I had no idea about the reason why the gig had been cancelled...

Now that I know, I feel way better and I wish Brain and his wife all the happiness in the world, he had all the reasons to go home...

Anyway, I can't deny feeling disappointed for the waste of money, time and energy...

I'll try to make it on July 1st cause there's nothing I wouldn't do for GN'R but I'm far from being happy as well? Sad
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #132 on: June 22, 2006, 05:42:27 AM »

steph that's very big off you to have done all that and still be ok... Really does suck for the people who had to travel.. I try to make a point of never going to far away for anyband///
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #133 on: June 22, 2006, 06:29:31 AM »

Hey Tonya I saw you there and tried to say hi to you but I guess you didn't see me as you were "on phone"... see ya on 1st july.

dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #134 on: June 22, 2006, 11:35:19 AM »

Not to whine or complain....just gonna simply put my 2 cents in this thread.

Brain knew his wife was pregnant and would have to fly home for one of two reasons:

1.)  first child and he wanted to be there for her pregnancy which is the RIGHT thing to do

2.)  baby came earlier than expected so he had to fly home due to complications or emergency which I really hope everything turns out correctly and his wife delivers just fine.

However...there is ALWAYS a but.............. and here it comes.

The band have been traveling with an understudy fill in drummer, right?

So, when you go and see something on broadway and the main lead person falls ill or whatever the case....and the understudy steps in.....you STILL have your perfomance.

Obviously, if the band had been traveling with this Frank person...then in MY opinion...the show should NOT have been canceled.  Me thinks there is more to the cancelation then just Brain's wife thingy and they are using that as a scape goat along with Robin pullling his hamstring.

Folks, this is GNR with Axl Rose as the lead singer.  I'd tend to think there is way more to this cancelation then the press release from Sanctuary.  Remember when Sanctuary denied BH quitting the band??  Remember Sanctuary denied Bumblefoot auditioned for GNR???

I honestly feel that band should have gone on with the show considering the circumstances as they admitted they have a fill in drummer so why should Brain leaving to fly home to be with his wife utter a cancelation?

I am just looking outside the box.  I think there is way more to all of this.

And think about my broadway play example where if the lead performer is ill....their understudy fills in at a moments notice. 

So what is the REAL problem here?Huh

Go ahead and bash me if you want.  I could care less.  I am just stating MY opinion on things. peace
Origen
« Reply #135 on: June 22, 2006, 11:41:28 AM »

Obviously, if the band had been traveling with this Frank person...then in MY opinion...the show should NOT have been canceled.  Me thinks there is more to the cancelation then just Brain's wife thingy and they are using that as a scape goat along with Robin pullling his hamstring.

Erm the show was POSTPONED (as in the title) not cancelled, it's simply going to be played at a later date  peace
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #136 on: June 22, 2006, 11:45:58 AM »

Obviously, if the band had been traveling with this Frank person...then in MY opinion...the show should NOT have been canceled.? Me thinks there is more to the cancelation then just Brain's wife thingy and they are using that as a scape goat along with Robin pullling his hamstring.

Erm the show was POSTPONED (as in the title) not cancelled, it's simply going to be played at a later date? peace

sorry...wrong terminalogy.

my point is....it never should have even been postponed if they have a fill in drummer who they admit they have been traveling with.

like i said....when you go to see a broadway show and a person is ill...their understudy fills in immediately.

obviously GNR knew Brain would have to leave because if they didn't then why admit they were traveling with this Frank dude?

I still say from a business standpoint, the show should have STILL gone on and not have been postponed.

I still think that there is more to this than what Sanctuary gave us in press release.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #137 on: June 22, 2006, 11:46:08 AM »

I think the postponed date isnt a big deal at all. ?Brain going to spend time with his wife to see his first child born is kind of a big deal, Finck pulling a hamstring is another reason to take a day off. ?These guys having been playing non-stop for about a month, and have another month of non stop playing, so if they need a few days off thats fine, they deserve it based on the performances they have given.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #138 on: June 22, 2006, 11:46:56 AM »

could be more then meets the eye, I mean what is the back up drummer for but to play when brain isn't, unless he doesn't know the songs or needs practice.. Will it be him or brain playing in a week.. if it's frank then you know he needed practice cohesion with the band, rythm whatever.. If it's brain tehn you know they don't want the fill in..
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #139 on: June 22, 2006, 11:48:27 AM »

I think the postponed date isnt a big deal at all. ?Brain going to spend time with his wife to see his first child born is kind of a big deal, Finck pulling a hamstring is another reason to take a day off. ?These guys having been playing non-stop for about a month, and have another month of non stop playing, so if they need a few days off thats fine, they deserve it based on the performances they have given.

I went to see Kiss with Poison once and Paul Stanley was ill so they postponed the show.

I can understand that because he fronts Kiss.

If Axl was ill then postpone it.

But they admit they have been traveling with a STAND IN drummer so I still think show should have gone on.

Too bad if they are tired.? Cut down on the partying and do your job.

If you had to work a month at your job, you'd be expected to so why should GNR be any different?

It's the career choice they made.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 11:50:44 AM by dolphin » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: