Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 02:19:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Hallenstadion,Z?rich,Switzerland - POSTPONED
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hallenstadion,Z?rich,Switzerland - POSTPONED  (Read 23506 times)
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #140 on: June 22, 2006, 11:49:09 AM »

They probably just thought if Robin could do with the extra few days to recover then it would probably be in the best interests of everyone just to postpone! I don't see any great conspiricy here.

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #141 on: June 22, 2006, 11:51:51 AM »

It's pretty obvious that there was a problem at home, and Brain had to attend to the problem.? Frank wasn't ready, so they postponed a date so they can bring Frank fully up to speed.

Why are there arguments about this?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 11:53:29 AM by Thorazine Shuffle » Logged

dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #142 on: June 22, 2006, 11:53:33 AM »

It's pretty obvious that there was a problem at home, and Brain had to attend to the problem.? Frank wasn't ready, so they postphoned a date so they can bring Frank fully up to speed.

You think a few extra days will work?

Possibly as I am not there or in GNR.

I just am going with my broadway play example.? An understudy steps in at a moment's notice.

GNR obviously don't have a good business sense for emergencies.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #143 on: June 22, 2006, 11:56:35 AM »

It's pretty obvious that there was a problem at home, and Brain had to attend to the problem.? Frank wasn't ready, so they postphoned a date so they can bring Frank fully up to speed.

I just am going with my broadway play example.? An understudy steps in at a moment's notice.

It seems to me that Frank has been preparing, and perhaps wasn't quite ready.  I can't see Frank practicing with the actual group before as I'm sure all of the rehearsals have been done with Brain.  Perhaps a date was scheduled with Brain leaving in which Frank would of been given a couple of days reheasal with the actual group.  Obviously Brain left early, and Frank needed a couple of days of actual rehearsal.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #144 on: June 22, 2006, 11:57:51 AM »

I guess it's because, according to a few people, it's always Axl's fault. ?Roll Eyes

If Brain isn't there tomorrow, how will you react? You (dolphin) obviously seem to think they'd make this up just because they were tired.

I remember your thread about them being tired of touring (after just a few weeks on the road). Why not drop it already?

Several people stated that the Paris show was amazing. Pretty good for a tired band don't you think?

GNR obviously don't have a good business sense for emergencies.

I bet you don't have any idea about GN'R's "business sense". ?ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #145 on: June 22, 2006, 11:59:31 AM »

It seems to me that Frank has been preparing, and perhaps wasn't quite ready.? I can't see Frank practicing with the actual group before as I'm sure all of the rehearsals have been done with Brain.? Perhaps a date was scheduled with Brain leaving in which Frank would of been given a couple of days reheasal with the actual group.? Obviously Brain left early, and Frank needed a couple of days of actual rehearsal.

True. ?But...I still ?stand by my convictions that GNR have absolutely NO emergency contingeny plan here.

If Frank had been preparing, he should have still been ready to play at a moments notice.

That is what an understudy does.

I place the blame on absolutely NO business sense. ?That is all I am saying.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #146 on: June 22, 2006, 12:03:25 PM »

True. ?But...I still ?stand by my convictions that GNR have absolutely NO emergency contingeny plan here.

If Frank had been preparing, he should have still been ready to play at a moments notice.

It's alot different listening to music in order to get prepared for a concert in front of 15,000 people, and REHEARSING with the actual group.? There are a ton of bands that have had to postpone gigs due to emergencies, even if the particular band had a backup.

It's par for the course.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #147 on: June 22, 2006, 12:06:28 PM »

Remember when Sanctuary denied BH quitting the band?? 

Cos Sanctuary didn't know BH quitting the band. Huh

Remember Sanctuary denied Bumblefoot auditioned for GNR???

Didn't Bumblefoot join the band like 2 weeks previous to the first hammerstain show? Huh

Anyways I don't doubt that the main reason is Brain's baby but if anything, like Robin's injury was mentioned, maybe the whole band also needs a little rest to continue the tour?
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #148 on: June 22, 2006, 12:13:41 PM »

its tough to perform the way they do night in and night out.? i thought they booked way too many dates in the beginning, they post poned the show for a few days later not a big deal.? they have a stand in drummer whose apparently been there for awhile knowing this might happen. besides the people should be sort of glad it was postponed, it will allow the new guy to get some time under his belt and should be able to give a better performance.? as long as they pick up where the tour begins again, everything will be fine

and theres still about 20 shows left, so a little break and then going all out for the remaining shows will result in better performances
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 12:18:14 PM by GnR-NOW » Logged

Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #149 on: June 22, 2006, 01:45:47 PM »

Yeah I don't know what's the big deal about that...

I can understand people beeing disapointed if they travelled a lot to come to Zurich and cannot come back on 1st July.

Brain going back to USA + Robin Finck hurt at Paris, I think it's better to postponed than to play a 1h30 show with a band not in good condition.

I'm sure that if they played people would have complained of something else.

It seems that everybody just forget when GNR just cancelled some tours without saying anything.

Here they explain clearly what happens and apologize and postpone the show. What more do you want ? Come on !

I guess we should lock this topic, it won't bring anything intersting...

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #150 on: June 22, 2006, 03:25:43 PM »

I think nobody cares if it's a week later except the people who planned to go or traveled or had to ask for time off to go, now they need that again...  Imagine they had postponed a nyc show, so many people would have been screwed with all the traveling people had done, hotels booked and money spent..

I can see both views very easily, no one is going to see the drummer really. plus they have the fill in, who you would think would be practicing being brain knows he might have to leave because of his wife's condition.. Unless she had problems several months early then it's understandable..

it's great the show will happen, but it sucks the people who had plans around their lives have to change plans, not everyone can just take off from work or go back n forth traveling that easily.. I think it might had been better if they postponed until a month or so later so people could save up or bother their bosses again
madagas
« Reply #151 on: June 22, 2006, 03:27:37 PM »

You seem to be able to take off work Mike! 4straight days in NY and 100 Heinekens later! rofl
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #152 on: June 22, 2006, 03:31:01 PM »

Remember when Sanctuary denied BH quitting the band???

Didn't Bumblefoot join the band like 2 weeks previous to the first hammerstain show? Huh

Anyways I don't doubt that the main reason is Brain's baby but if anything, like Robin's injury was mentioned, maybe the whole band also needs a little rest to continue the tour?

Yes he had TWO WEEKs to practice with the band, the drummer is just asking for TWO DAYS, I think we can give him that. IF the drummer is off he can throw the whole band off, its one thing just adding a guitar player because if he screws up no biggie but if the drummer is off it throws off the whole band.

I am sure Brain was supposted to leave in another week but his wife started to give birth early. So they pushed one show back so the new guy can practice with the band for a few days.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 03:32:38 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #153 on: June 22, 2006, 03:33:19 PM »

You seem to be able to take off work Mike! 4straight days in NY and 100 Heinekens later! rofl

I'm one of the lucky ones...
Origen
« Reply #154 on: June 22, 2006, 03:35:21 PM »

Yes he had TWO WEEKs to practice with the band, the drummer is just asking for TWO DAYS

Unless that's been officially mentioned you have know way of knowing this. For all we know he could of been doing soundchecks with the band since the start if the European Tour.

And in the band, the drums is the simplist instrument to play, but like I said I'm sure they've been prepared for this and he knows all the songs well already by now.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #155 on: June 22, 2006, 03:41:21 PM »

Yes he had TWO WEEKs to practice with the band, the drummer is just asking for TWO DAYS

Unless that's been officially mentioned you have know way of knowing this. For all we know he could of been doing soundchecks with the band since the start if the European Tour.

And in the band, the drums is the simplist instrument to play, but like I said I'm sure they've been prepared for this and he knows all the songs well already by now.

Its not easy to be in synch with the band if you just step in cold with no practice.
And ron and axl both said befor the NYC shows that ron was in the  band for two weeks.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #156 on: June 22, 2006, 05:11:36 PM »

I'd have to say it'd be pretty hard to step in as drummer the day of the show. At least a day or two would help. Although knowing Brain wife was this close maybe they could have prepared for this happening by asking the backup to be ready every day. Still tough to pull off.

As for Bbft, a guitarist can turn the volume down on songs he may not know, and just play some rythym chords. Especially when there are 2 other guitarists!! Can't do that on drums.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: