Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 10:55:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  A Reason for no CITR?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Reason for no CITR?  (Read 21101 times)
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #140 on: July 12, 2006, 04:45:02 PM »

I dont think it will appear on CD.

Musically, and lyrically it sounds the most unlike the other leaked tracks we've heard so far...

Even The Blues sounds newer than Catcher, but then again Im just guessing on that.

Wasn't there a rumor floating around, or maybe it came from straight from Axl, that supposedly the song "wont appear until Chinese Democracy's successor, or more specifically, the "third album"... Undecided

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #141 on: July 12, 2006, 05:03:21 PM »

Well, Buckethead's solo comes across as un-natural to me.

Madagascar- I won't be told anymore: OK Axl, we won' tell you anymore.  (then that Ahhhhhhhh scream)  The song doesn't have much to offer...it's more like a history lesson.

I pray to God that this much heralded song (we've been talking about it for years) a song with such an epic name can live up to it's expectations.  Maybe we expected too much from that name?

We all talk about how the demo's will be so much more different than the final product, but from the sound of the boots, they sound just about the same.  Undecided
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #142 on: July 12, 2006, 08:12:36 PM »

I don't want a song I've already heard taking up space on that disk.. only 13 tracks.. I want at least half of em to be new.

This isn't directed just at you Jack so dont take this personal, but if anyone wanted Chinese Democracy to be a surprise when they first get the CD, then they shouldn't have downloaded the songs.

You know.. that is true.  Angry. "But sttttiiilllllllllll....." ( hihi) haha. Im just saying, I hope Axl realizes that alot of the songs have been heard and makes changes accordingly. CITR doesn't sound like its going to be on the album anyways... based off the fact he hasn't played it.. and how he spoke about it on Trunk's interview.

CITR is one of the best songs GN'R has ever released. If you don't "get it" that's your loss. But there is always Motley Crue if you think CITR is too "boring."

Yeah thats it Nixon, if people don't think the song is super good then yeah, they must not have any taste, be rednecks, and only listen to Motley Crue. Yep. Good observation. Makes you look credible pal.

CITR is a good song. I just don't think its that great.

We all talk about how the demo's will be so much more different than the final product, but from the sound of the boots, they sound just about the same. Undecided

Yeah good point Garry... kinda worrys me...

We shall see.

gnrevolution.com
RichardNixon
« Reply #143 on: July 12, 2006, 08:18:26 PM »

CITR is one of the best songs GN'R has ever released. If you don't "get it" that's your loss. But there is always Motley Crue if you think CITR is too "boring."

Yeah thats it Nixon, if people don't think the song is super good then yeah, they must not have any taste, be rednecks, and only listen to Motley Crue. Yep. Good observation. Makes you look credible pal.

Yup. Glad to you agree with me.
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #144 on: July 13, 2006, 06:38:18 AM »

Yup. Glad to you agree with me.

citr is simply a masterpiece: i'm dying to hear the studio version and a live version after the release of cd... it's such an emotional, intense song with so many cool hooks and mellow parts ("when all is said and done", "if i thought that i was cracy, well i guess i'd have more fun"..."ooohh catcher in the rye again"... "it's just another daaay like today"... "so now you've set the wheels in motion... heart are memories..." etc.)

really love it... you can hear that axl is really influenced by the best sides of queen and early elton john... by the way: the song almost sounds like the soundtrack to a movie or the intro to a tv series (it's a very visual song)...

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #145 on: July 13, 2006, 10:53:32 AM »

queen and early elton john...

peter tosh or some reggae......first came across my mind. peace
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #146 on: July 13, 2006, 01:09:38 PM »

Are you serious? Where do you hear that?

KOK
Headliner

« Reply #147 on: July 13, 2006, 02:26:42 PM »

Again Axl never said it would not be on the first album,he said CITR was set to be the 3rd single. I dont know why people get this mixed up. Also, about the quote axl uses in the song, what is the exact quote that axl uses? If its not exact then axl can use it

When did Axl talk about which song is going to be a single? Which song is going to be the first single than?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #148 on: July 13, 2006, 02:56:31 PM »

Where: Hyde hyper room at ppbebes

When: 2006/02/25  22:22:12~22:22:22

We're still on citr, yes? I caught a reggae-like flavour in the leek.  smoking
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #149 on: July 13, 2006, 03:12:48 PM »

Where: Hyde hyper room at ppbebes

When: 2006/02/25? 22:22:12~22:22:22

We're still on citr, yes? I caught a reggae-like flavour in the leek.? smoking

Interesting. I am a Peter Tosh fan, and I didn't pick up on the influence.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #150 on: July 13, 2006, 03:42:40 PM »

ppbebe are you refering to the rhythm guitar as the reggae sound? I dunno that's about all I'd consider but I'm not any type of reggae fan so aside from the general reggae guitar sound I don't know much about that style of music. I even it might be the poor quality of recording that is giving it that kinda sound.

anyway maybe that's why i don't care for the track hihi

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #151 on: July 15, 2006, 05:56:40 PM »

Interesting. I am a Peter Tosh fan, and I didn't pick up on the influence.

Great. Can you Pass  some links to stand up for your right, equal rights etc to our dear ol Neemo?

I?m not sure about the influence. I just said Peter Tosh off the top of my head but I scent a note of somewhat Caribbean running through this song along with other factors like the strawberry fields or jesus christ super star (a rock opera).
Imagine the song with a Steel band.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #152 on: July 15, 2006, 05:59:39 PM »

ppbebe are you refering to the rhythm guitar as the reggae sound? I dunno that's about all I'd consider but I'm not any type of reggae fan so aside from the general reggae guitar sound I don't know much about that style of music. I even it might be the poor quality of recording that is giving it that kinda sound.

You know D'yer Mak'er by led Zeppelin. how d'yer pronounce the title?  hihi
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #153 on: July 15, 2006, 07:35:20 PM »

You know D'yer Mak'er by led Zeppelin. how d'yer pronounce the title?? hihi

"JAMAICA" hihi

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #154 on: July 15, 2006, 11:45:55 PM »

The CITR we've heard is from 1998 or 1999.  We know this because that's when Brian May laid his guitar down on it
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: