Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:31:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227923 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How many times have you seen GN'R?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How many times have you seen GN'R?  (Read 17555 times)
JeRrYFaR
Rocker

Chinese Democracy will arrive in 2007...

« Reply #140 on: September 28, 2006, 02:13:20 PM »

I think I'm gonna try to get tickets to one of the shows in the next couple of months.. then I can make it three.. Smiley

"They're out ta' get me!!  They won't catch me!!  I'm fuckin' innocent.. so you can BITE me!!!  Take that to your Southern California heart!!!" W. Axl Rose - KROQ Inland Invasion 2006
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #141 on: September 28, 2006, 03:41:41 PM »

I was reading through this thread the other day and I started thinking about my amazing times being a fan of Guns N Roses, who I consider to be the greatest band ever and who also in my opinion have the most awe inspiring frontman there has ever been. So I put together my entire list of my Guns N Roses tour which started back in 1991 and has so far reached Aug 2006! First gig was at sixteen. I thought I had been to see 23 GnR gigs over the years but doing a proper count up I have been to 21. 1992 and 93 were years I will never forget. I spent a lot of time traveling in Europe. Doing a bit of work here and there to pay for train fares and concert tickets! For me the best gig I went to in that time was in Budapest in 1992. The whole experience was amazing and the country was wicked! I met some amazing people through watching the band. My obvious highlight was meeting Axl for about 10 seconds at Milton Keynes in 93. For anyone who has been on this board for a while will know why there is not a photo of this experience, so does Tina Chang at Sanctuary considering how many bloody e-mails I have sent her to try and get another chance to meet Axl and the band! So anyway seeing as this thread has been going a while I just thought I?d put together an itinery of my amazing Guns N Roses tour with a few pics to go! All I want to do now is be able to get to the states and see them play there and I will be quite happy!! Oh and meet Axl Rose again!! P.S To all the people who say that I am too positive about the band. I have seen the good, the bad and the ugly of Guns N Roses and they are still by far and away the greatest band I have heard or seen and I don?t feel there is anything negative to say about them!! New band and old! Mike

With the old band:
1. Wembley Stadium - August 1991 ? (My first ever Guns Gig, went with a friend and his parents)
2. Wembley Stadium - April or May 1992 (@ Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert)
3. Dublin - May 1992
4. Budapest - May 1992 (my favourite ever Guns gig! Loved Budapest stayed there a few days)
5. Paris - June 1992 (went with my mate Lee a hardcore nirvana fan. He was hooked on Guns after this gig)

6. Wembley Stadium - June 1992
7. Manchester City Football Club - June 1992
8. Newcastle - June 1992
9. Milton Keynes Bowl - May 1993 both nights (one night I got fucking soaked but met Axl Rose!!!)
10. Milton Keynes Bowl - May 1993 both nights (one night I got fucking soaked but met Axl Rose!!!)? ?
11. Vienna - June 1993 ? (brilliant gig, met a stunning girl from Holland as well who I dated for a few weeks.)? ?
12. Germany - June 1993 (was right near the back and had the flu! Shit night! Think it rained too)
13. Italy ? June 1993 (got my first ever tattoo! A GnR one on my right thigh)

14. Barcelona - July 1993
15. Lyon ? July 1993 (my mate Lee came back traveling with me and came to the last two shows in France)
16. Paris - July 1993

The new band:

17. Leeds Festival - August 2002
18. London Docklands Arena - August 2002 (Went with some mates and we went into London afterwards desperate to find the aftershow party. Ended up getting so lost we stayed in some shitty club in central London and got wasted)

19. London Hammersmith Apollo - June 2006 (my mate Lee from back in the day was at this gig with me, he loved every minute of it again!)

20. Donington (Download Festival) - June 2006 (took my fianc? to her first ever guns gig she fucking loved it!)

21. London Wembley Arena - July 2006 (It was great to once again meet so many great people from the HTGTH site and it rounded off a great summer)

Being a Guns N Roses fan, does it get any better? I dont think so!! Take it easy! Mike

Wow!? Shocked

You lucky bastard...!

I've only gone to one...9/16/06

Thanks mate!! It was an amazing time! I was very young too only 16-17 at the time but I didnt want to be at home due to having a rather nasty father so I spent a lot of time travelling abroad when I left school and working when I could to earn my money so what better way to do it than follow your favourite band? It was a time I will never forget and I met so many cool people along the way!! Mike

kylemsymons
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #142 on: September 28, 2006, 08:44:46 PM »

When I saw the title of this thread, it brought back great memories of seeing GNR in my teenage days. The first time was on December 31, 1991 in Miami. It was myself and eight friends bringing in the new year with about 50,000 people. What a concert!!! I had waited around 16 hours in line for tickets switching with friends in shifts. I was third in line and was lucky enough to get floor seats? Grin. With Soundgarden opening it was such a show. I recently found an audio recording of it and was blown away with the many flashbacks of great evening.

The other time was in Orlando in 1992 with Metallica and Faith No More. Words cannot express how cool this show was. Me and a couple of friends drove from Fort Lauderdale to this show. At the time and still to this day, Faith No More was one of my favorite bands. To see them on the Angel Dust tour along with the mighty Metallica and of course GNR was a freaking dream yes I remember Axl going off on Courtney Love and Kurt Cobain during this show and from what I remember led to the shit talking on the MTV awards just a few days later.

I sit here looking at the stubs from these shows $19 in Miami & $30 in Orlando with Metallica and FNM Shocked
It'll cost $15 just to park when I see them in Sunrise on October 24th rofl One thing I regret is not taking pictures back in the day. It never occured to me that maybe 15 years later I would enjoy looking at them.

Well 26 days and counting until Sunrise ok
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #143 on: September 28, 2006, 08:47:00 PM »

I seen the original GnR back in the early 90's, and 3 times since 2002
FairyLace
« Reply #144 on: September 28, 2006, 11:40:38 PM »

So unfair man!? Some of you have seen them in the double digits and I havent seen them once!

Please Axl - come to NZ!!? Its a little cold but the taste of kiwi chickies will keep you warm.? Tongue Grin beer
Chief
Legend

« Reply #145 on: September 29, 2006, 12:07:06 AM »

now i am up to seven shows, none of them in my home state or city yet! hehehe
you gotta love GNR and how it all goes down!!!

5 times in Vegas though.. i think i'll try to get to every vegas gig from now on.. GNR in vegas has been quite the amazing experience for me!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: