Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 12:59:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DOES ANYBODY ELSE REALIZE HOW SIGNIFICANT IT IS AXL HAS HIS VOICE BACK
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DOES ANYBODY ELSE REALIZE HOW SIGNIFICANT IT IS AXL HAS HIS VOICE BACK  (Read 28433 times)
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: August 29, 2006, 06:44:27 PM »

it seems to have blown over after the hammerstein shows about how happy people are that Axl has his voice back.........Seriously, do you people realize what  a MONSTER issue that it was going to be if Axl got his voice back the way it used to be or if he lost it forever.....I was extremely worried earlier this year that Axl would have his 2002 voice and the entire tour/concerts everything would be a disaster.........If he never regained his voice GNR and the aura of AXL would be DEAD FOREVER.........I just listened to the download soundboard and was AMAZED at how great Axl sounded..It sounds liek 1988 all over again...........The fact that at the age of 44 that he somehow REGAINED his singing voice is unbelievable and literally saved his entire career and reputation..........I think people have taken it for granted that "oh he sounds good, now what song are they gonna play"....Just be glad he regained his singing voice and i would liek to know how the hell he regained it after it was clearly shot in 2002
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 06:46:17 PM »

Very true....although I was happy with 2002, I get what your saying. And I am extremely happy now.

Axl is God.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 06:47:38 PM »

I would've been fine with the 2002 voice, because I just actually wanted to see a show this time round!!

However, you're right...his 06 voice absolutely kicks arse, its amazing.
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 06:54:29 PM »

I would have poked out my eyeballs if he had the 2002 voice......Yes it is good to hear very strong Axl vocals.

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
robinfinckfan
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 06:56:49 PM »

did axl have a vocal coach in 02'? can a vocal coach bring that rasp back because it was completley gone in 02'
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 06:58:47 PM »

This might just be the reason that axl is going for it 100%

Who knows, maybe it took 4 years of vocal coaching and training to get it this good!!
I haven't seen a single review talking bad about his voice this time!

If it's the oxygen that's helping him, who cares about the solo's, listen to his voice!!!

Like peeing clouds!
Tyson
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 07:02:35 PM »

Does anyone else realize how much everyone on this forum largely overstates how much Axl has his voice back?  Yeah, I saw him at Hammerstein in May and it was really good, for the most part.  But cmon guys, just by viewing some of the stuff on You Tube, Axl blantly sounds like shit.  SOrry
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 07:03:51 PM »

This might just be the reason that axl is going for it 100%

Who knows, maybe it took 4 years of vocal coaching and training to get it this good!!
I haven't seen a single review talking bad about his voice this time!

If it's the oxygen that's helping him, who cares about the solo's, listen to his voice!!!

I'll tell you guys what it is.....he isn't over-using his vocals mixes with the mic pack....and he probably prepared A LOT more before going live...He sounds amazing again... yes

robinfinckfan
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2006, 07:04:44 PM »

I saw him the second nite @ hammerstein and he had some rough spots like on rocket queen. but he also said he lost his voice after the friday night show. at 44 and with his voice i can see him having off nights but he's 100% better than in 02'
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2006, 07:05:58 PM »

Does anyone else realize how much everyone on this forum largely overstates how much Axl has his voice back?? Yeah, I saw him at Hammerstein in May and it was really good, for the most part.? But cmon guys, just by viewing some of the stuff on You Tube, Axl blantly sounds like shit.? SOrry
On some of the songs earlier in the tour....yes.....but later on.....no......He sounded very good......update your YOU TUBE searches and look for a good quality boot..

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2006, 07:06:44 PM »

But cmon guys, just by viewing some of the stuff on You Tube, Axl blantly sounds like shit.? SOrry

Now there's a reliable source of information. Clips filmed on mobile phones and uploaded to Youtube.

I thought the whole band got better and better during the tour.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2006, 07:08:03 PM »

I agree, he is 100% better than 2002, I have no complaints. peace
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2006, 07:08:39 PM »

Does anyone else realize how much everyone on this forum largely overstates how much Axl has his voice back?? Yeah, I saw him at Hammerstein in May and it was really good, for the most part.? But cmon guys, just by viewing some of the stuff on You Tube, Axl blantly sounds like shit.? SOrry

On YouTube? Riiiight.
Also wanna comment on how shit his voice from the monitor mix sounds?
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2006, 07:15:09 PM »

You Tube blows for bootlegs......his voice sounds fine and is 2nd to none when you're talkin' about live in concert rock vocalists Cool

veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2006, 07:16:55 PM »

his voice has sounded pretty amazing, especially for a 44 year-old, singing for about two hours - and these songs are HARD on the voice.  remember, he couldn't do it very well back in 1991-93, so it's particularly amazing he does it now.  Part of the reason is that he is not singing with the same roughness and sometimes even in a slightly lower key -- that's fine with me.
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2006, 07:21:26 PM »

his voice has sounded pretty amazing, especially for a 44 year-old, singing for about two hours - and these songs are HARD on the voice.? remember, he couldn't do it very well back in 1991-93, so it's particularly amazing he does it now.? Part of the reason is that he is not singing with the same roughness and sometimes even in a slightly lower key -- that's fine with me.
Ummm....ck out most of the boots in 92....and all in 93....his voice was strong for 2+ hours consistently....have a brew, sit down hit d/l and enjoy a great show.... beer

Tyson
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2006, 07:50:22 PM »

Ok fellas, I'm speaking about the Rock AM Ring Pro Shots on You Tube.  Do not tell me he sounds amazing on IRS or even the Blues.  Even read some of the comments.  Non-die hards have a much more objective perspective on it people.  However, I do think he has sounded really good for the  most part.  As I said, Hammerstein was really, really good.  I do think the word 'amazing' is somewhat of an overstatement, sorry for being honest. 
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2006, 07:57:25 PM »

Ok fellas, I'm speaking about the Rock AM Ring Pro Shots on You Tube.? Do not tell me he sounds amazing on IRS or even the Blues.? Even read some of the comments.? Non-die hards have a much more objective perspective on it people.? However, I do think he has sounded really good for the? most part.? As I said, Hammerstein was really, really good.? I do think the word 'amazing' is somewhat of an overstatement, sorry for being honest.?
I said that only SOME of the songs in the EARLY shows sounded good...Rock Am was one of the first in the tour....Believe me...as the tour went on they got so good it sounded like 91' again.....ck out NIGHTRAIN...BROWNSTONE....and a few others from ROCK-AM.....you'll be alot happier.  peace

gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2006, 07:58:51 PM »

I'm not saying Axl's a coke head but he is a rockstar and I don't doubt he's done bit. I thought in 02 his voice was lacking clarity and pitch due to his breathing. During his rants he would put on a nasally sounding mock voice but it only emphasised the fact that his normal speaking voice sounded a bit nasally too. I'm wondering maybe with the pressure of the comeback was he doing a bit of charlie to get himself comfortable and confident for performing with a whole new band infront of the world again and it affected his voice. I remember on the live in Tokyo videos at one point Axl comes back out on stage and he looks like he's a bit of white powder smeared on his cheek, I can't remember it might be before Sweet Child, someone take a look. Anyway, I'm guessing maybe Axl's cuttin down on the coke and is alot more focused now, he's happy with his look, he's happy with his band, he's out partying, getting his hole, feeling confident and sounding fucking class!!!!

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2006, 08:01:25 PM »

I'm just glad he's not singing like he did in 2002 so that the whole "OMG DID HE HAVE THROAT SURGERY?" rumors are gone.

He can still sing like he used to.

When he feels like it...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: