Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:25:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227922 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DOES ANYBODY ELSE REALIZE HOW SIGNIFICANT IT IS AXL HAS HIS VOICE BACK
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DOES ANYBODY ELSE REALIZE HOW SIGNIFICANT IT IS AXL HAS HIS VOICE BACK  (Read 28914 times)
--DEA--
Rocker

Try it!!

« Reply #100 on: February 04, 2010, 05:34:31 AM »

im gonna assume you're saying his voice wasnt good in 2001 as well.

everyone is entitled to an opinion i supose. i went to RIR 2001 and to me his voice was nothing but perfect...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbFmXK5I0rc

from 2:13 - 2:30 =  drool

his voice was tired by the end of the show, of course, it was 3 hours long

i cant help but think that some fans went with the critics... "if everyone is saying it sucks, maybe it does"

So that's how you wants him to sing?? No rasp at all?  Hmm I guess we don't have the same taste.. 
superstarmc
Rocker

« Reply #101 on: February 04, 2010, 07:25:17 AM »

Axl's voice 2010>2007>2006>2001.
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #102 on: February 04, 2010, 08:33:51 AM »

it seems to have blown over after the hammerstein shows about how happy people are that Axl has his voice back.........Seriously, do you people realize what  a MONSTER issue that it was going to be if Axl got his voice back the way it used to be or if he lost it forever.....I was extremely worried earlier this year that Axl would have his 2002 voice and the entire tour/concerts everything would be a disaster.........If he never regained his voice GNR and the aura of AXL would be DEAD FOREVER.........I just listened to the download soundboard and was AMAZED at how great Axl sounded..It sounds liek 1988 all over again...........The fact that at the age of 44 that he somehow REGAINED his singing voice is unbelievable and literally saved his entire career and reputation..........I think people have taken it for granted that "oh he sounds good, now what song are they gonna play"....Just be glad he regained his singing voice and i would liek to know how the hell he regained it after it was clearly shot in 2002

Better than 2002 but right now worst than 2006.But the good news are that he always improve his singing during the tour,so maybe he will sing like 2006 in a few weeks.Im completly sure.
suntorytime
Rocker

Kiyoshiro Forever

« Reply #103 on: February 04, 2010, 09:00:36 AM »

Better than 2002 but right now worst than 2006.But the good news are that he always improve his singing during the tour,so maybe he will sing like 2006 in a few weeks.Im completly sure.

What?  confused Have you been at any of the recent shows? In 07 he was great and in 09 he was even better.
Yourtube doesnt do live performance justice.
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #104 on: February 04, 2010, 09:05:42 AM »

What?  confused Have you been at any of the recent shows? In 07 he was great and in 09 he was even better.

He is starting the engine,i have seen a lot of videos and listened to mp3 and he is good,but he makes a lot of mistakes singing in diferent tones.Ex twat and catcher,but he is way better than the first time he singed them in this tour
Layflats
Headliner

I'm not an idiot.

« Reply #105 on: February 04, 2010, 09:11:23 AM »

I think Axl has learned when and how to rest it.  The "rasp" is an effect, good singers can turn it on and off.   That effect takes its toll on your voice if you keep doing it and doing it (ie. Brian Johnson). The fact that he pulls off a piece like This I Love at the end of a 2 1/2 - 3 hr show is impressive. I imagine his spirits are also higher not having to work with a bunch of drug addicts.

I think this 90's, '02, '06, '10  thing is overblown.  Of course your range, tone and style are going to change over 20+ years.  It just amazing at 47 he can outperform 99% of front men on a nightly basis.  Plus, did anyone see Hershel Walker on Strikeforce.  No way he's 47!  GO OLDER DUDES...me being one.

Chicago 11/15/11
suntorytime
Rocker

Kiyoshiro Forever

« Reply #106 on: February 04, 2010, 09:30:47 AM »

He is starting the engine,i have seen a lot of videos and listened to mp3 and he is good,but he makes a lot of mistakes singing in diferent tones.Ex twat and catcher,but he is way better than the first time he singed them in this tour

And did he sing twat and catcher with more accuracy in 2006 than now? He didn't sing catcher. How can you compare 2006 to 2010 on these songs? and on boots and mp3s.
I'm disagreeing in this bit.
but right now worst than 2006.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #107 on: February 04, 2010, 10:41:07 AM »

I imagine his spirits are also higher not having to work with a bunch of drug addicts.

according to axl the relationship of the band is based on faith and trust: they have no faith in him, and he doesn't trust them for shit. hihi
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2010, 11:15:48 AM »

im talking about that he singed worst than now in the first dates of this tour ( about catcher and twat).

And about he is singing worst than 2006 if you read im talking about he is warming up and finding the tones as always has been
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2010, 04:48:42 PM »

I don't think Axl lost his voice at all, i think Axl was probably recording his vocals for cd at that time (2002) and thats probably why he wouldn't hit the rasp notes. Probably to avoid any kind of damage so everything would go as planned on the cd

Of course we all know Axl's best was during the Illusion tours and in the 80s but 2009/10 has been really surprising! He's much better on his cardio
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 04:51:38 PM by Halo69 » Logged

Oh My God i cant deny this...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #110 on: February 05, 2010, 12:39:46 PM »

na we all know axls best is now. and probably in south america he'll surpass himself again.
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #111 on: February 05, 2010, 04:03:21 PM »

Axl was "preserving" his voice during the 2001-2002 era because he was laying the vocal tracks for CD. The fact that he went out and toured before a finished album shows how bad he wanted to share his new music and be with his fans, so he could not resist giving his fans a premature "sneak peak." He knew deep in his heart that there were still huge legal obstacles looming in the distance and that CD's release was still far off. He yearned to speed things up, but had to play the 'reinvention" of Gnr carefully with all legal parties involved. But he loves his music, touring, and his fans; he couldn't keep away. I think this 2010 tour is an unleashing of his soulful, raspy voice. It is Axl picking up where he left off in 93. A sober band and a bandana and the freedom to "let lose" on his vocals is what is giving him his new aura of confidence and old school swagger. He is definitely in his element. No offense to the 2002 tour, but he did seem more uptight and "stiff" and unnaturl (not quite to the point where he was a parody of himself), but somewhat "forced" nonetheless. 06-07 was good, but I think all the legal pressures of getting CD out were still weighing on him, and the braids were still constricitng his confidence. With an actual album to back up his tour, he gained the confidence to sport his trademark bandana and loosen up his dancing and jivin moves. His old slither sway looks as natural and organic as 1988. He "feels" the band and the bluesy jive and pop/metal groove in his soul again. AXL IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 04:10:15 PM by SkeletorSerpent » Logged
bangit
Rocker

Here Today..been on mygnr for past few years.

« Reply #112 on: February 05, 2010, 04:59:29 PM »

lol

Rock in Rio Lisbon 2006, Download Dublin 2006, Sheffield 2006, Helsinki Live festival 2010, Leeds Festival 2010, Manchester 2010! 6 fucking amazing experiences! Where in 2012?Huh?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #113 on: February 07, 2010, 04:03:09 AM »

Axl (as well as the rest of the band) sound better than ever right now.

Asia was amazing and so was Canada.

Canada was a bit tougher on everybody I think.

Back to back shows. That's tough when you do what Axl does.

You don't really want to run marathons two days in a row. But that's what GN'R did all over Canada.

Now before you start with the "other bands do it". Have you see any band that does what GN'R does? Axl doesn't just stand and sing.

Axl and GN'R could probably sit down and play, and thus saving themselves, but they don't. They give it all every night, every show.

I wish people would actually think a bit before saying shit like "he doesn't sound great"....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
superstarmc
Rocker

« Reply #114 on: February 07, 2010, 08:56:40 AM »

Jarmo, did you say earlier you had other axl pictures you were saving till the end or was that someone else.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #115 on: February 07, 2010, 09:54:30 AM »

Jarmo, did you say earlier you had other axl pictures you were saving till the end or was that someone else.

I don't know what others have said.

I think I said Axl pics are like the icing on the cake.

Not necessarily the my main priority since most photographers focus on him anyway.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #116 on: February 07, 2010, 09:58:45 AM »

You don't really want to run marathons two days in a row. But that's what GN'R did all over Canada.

Now before you start with the "other bands do it". Have you see any band that does what GN'R does? Axl doesn't just stand and sing.

Axl and GN'R could probably sit down and play, and thus saving themselves, but they don't. They give it all every night, every show.

I wish people would actually think a bit before saying shit like "he doesn't sound great"....

/jarmo

Jarmo, you think they will ever think before they say anything? lol Guess there are just a lot of people that will never be happy.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #117 on: February 10, 2010, 09:24:09 AM »

/jarmo

i think the band sounded great at the end of the 2006 tour.But its normal .Always the bands sound worst at the beginning of the tours.And talking about live concerts and frontman performances bruce dickinson is the man.Ive never seen someone jumping and singing like him( i have seen 10 tours).But of course Axl rose is very,very close to him.2 true legends
suntorytime
Rocker

Kiyoshiro Forever

« Reply #118 on: February 10, 2010, 09:39:58 AM »

And about he is singing worst than 2006 if you read im talking about he is warming up and finding the tones as always has been

confused

You're too much into your theory. You know the saying: seeing is believing.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #119 on: February 10, 2010, 09:48:47 AM »

They sounded great in 2006 and 2007.

They sound better now.

Does Iron Maiden do three hour sets?

As I've pointed out, comparing GN'R to other acts is lame.

Nobody does what GN'R does. It's that simple.

You can go to a concert by some other band and think "wow, that's a high energy show". Fair enough.

Then you realize the band walks around on stage playing fast songs while the crowd are the ones supplying the energy.

Or the band plays for less than two hours...

Or you forget that nobody sings like Axl.

Not many people seem to take these things into account when comparing shows.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: