Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:46:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227923 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy cannot come out with ZERO advance notice
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy cannot come out with ZERO advance notice  (Read 16929 times)
GeraldFord
« on: October 18, 2006, 09:54:12 PM »

For one thing, it will show up on amazon.com a few weeks before it is set to be released. Also, there are thosands of people that work for Best Buy, HMV...surely some of them would let the cat out of the bag.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 09:55:47 PM »

I bet it could show up like that..

Maybe there would be a day or two. But it wouldn't be hard to tell amazon "Don't put this on the site until xx/xx/06"

I'm glad they might do this. Unconventional.

Not to mention that CD's show up in unmarked boxes that aren't supposed to be open until the date on the box.

Even then though.. we'll probably know a day in advance.

gnrevolution.com
Duffio
Rocker

uh oh, they're back...

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 09:56:05 PM »

yeah but only internet nerds would know... the average person would just go to a music store and be hrmm what's this?? although a cd with no promo (i think) is a bad idea...
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 09:56:51 PM »

Who knows if Merck was just being cryptic (which is apparently a very favorable GNR camp tactic), tongue in cheek, or if there is actually merit to this?  We'll all discover the answer soon enough.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 09:58:31 PM »

Shhh...we can't discuss it!  hihi

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 09:59:27 PM »

Shhh...we can't discuss it!  hihi

Discuss what?  Wink

GeraldFord is just GUESSING this might happen!  ok

gnrevolution.com
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 10:00:52 PM »

Maybe there would be a day or two. But it wouldn't be hard to tell amazon "Don't put this on the site until xx/xx/06"

Not to mention that CD's show up in unmarked boxes that aren't supposed to be open until the date on the box.

actually you are completely wrong about this statement.

cds show up through out the week for the following tuesday. they are labled by who sent them (universal, ect., ect.) and the date they are to be put on the shelf.

They are opened IMMEDIATELY after they arrive into the store to make sure that the quantity is correct, and so they can be labled probably in time for tuesday. If they werent opened until the day of release, nothing would get on the shelves in time.

when it is coming out, we will all know ahead of time.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 10:02:26 PM »

cds show up through out the week for the following tuesday. they are labled by who sent them (universal, ect., ect.) and the date they are to be put on the shelf.

They are opened IMMEDIATELY after they arrive into the store to make sure that the quantity is correct, and so they can be labled probably in time for tuesday. If they werent opened until the day of release, nothing would get on the shelves in time.

Ahh... man.. I thought I was cool for a second...

Jk. I guess this guy is right! Ignore what I said.

gnrevolution.com
GeraldFord
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 10:02:48 PM »

I think it would be an AWFUL idea to try to release it without any notice. Limp Bizkit...The Unquestionable Truth...remember that?
kunzerd
VIP

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 10:04:25 PM »

Ahh... man.. I thought I was cool for a second...

Jk. I guess this guy is right! Ignore what I said.

thats ok, not everyone works in a music store.

my department at best buy handles this stuff. i already mentioned on the board that if i hear/see anything, ill be posting immediately, with album art goodness and such.

though i hope by that time we already have album art and a release date. i am very against some sort of surprise release.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
Niko
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2006, 10:04:42 PM »

I think it would be an AWFUL idea to try to release it without any notice. Limp Bizkit...The Unquestionable Truth...remember that?

please dont compare limp bizkit, with axl rose huge comeback
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2006, 10:04:54 PM »

Yup, sold around 4 copes total I believe.  Was this due to the surprise release or the music?  The world may never know.
Niko
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2006, 10:07:18 PM »

Yup, sold around 4 copes total I believe.? Was this due to the surprise release or the music?? The world may never know.

this is the comeback of one of the best frontmans ever, im sure if they release without promotion, that zero promotion, would generate promotion

how many times did i say promotion? rofl
guns_n_motley
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2006, 10:08:07 PM »

its pretty brilliant if you ask me... Release the most anticipated album of all time without notice... it will be on the news because of how unconventional they did it
robinfinckfan
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2006, 10:08:45 PM »

Yup, sold around 4 copes total I believe.? Was this due to the surprise release or the music?? The world may never know.

I bought one... yeah I can admit it, I like Wes Borland

Has anything been ordinary in the last 13 years? ?CD never had a confirmed release date, why should it now
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2006, 10:10:14 PM »

Yup, sold around 4 copes total I believe.  Was this due to the surprise release or the music?  The world may never know.

Probrably the release because there seems to be a huge demand for crap music these days.

I actually like the idea of no prior promotion. Let it stand or fall on its own merit.
Why entrust the marketing to a room of suits, run the 1st single into the ground, then put out the album that has to live up to the hype of the marketing campaign.

Believe me, Chinese Democracy has enough hype already.

Remember UYI 1& 2. Release 2 seperate albums at the same time? Thats crazy!  hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Bono
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2006, 10:11:07 PM »

They would be idiots to do it this way. releaseing the album withut notice would be absolutely moronic froma  buisness standpoint. Plus as far as a creative standpoint goes I guess it would be creative.  We could all sit here and praise Gn'R for being so unconventional and creative.  Creative in the dumbest way possible.  There's no way they'll do it like that.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 10:14:34 PM by Bono » Logged
kunzerd
VIP

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2006, 10:11:34 PM »

its pretty brilliant if you ask me... Release the most anticipated album of all time without notice... it will be on the news because of how unconventional they did it

you guys seem to forget that the ones that care about GNR now are on these forums, everyone else needs convincing, convincing in the form of a single.

yeah axl's great, yeah GNR rocks, but 9 out of 10 people nowadays think he is the biggest fuck up in music history and a total joke.

which i think is a shame, because so far these leaks are the best contribution to rock ive heard in the past 5 years.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2006, 10:12:10 PM »

Has anything been ordinary in the last 13 years?  CD never had a confirmed release date, why should it now

Hey truth be told, Borland's a great player...The fact that his solo stuff was so heavily indebted to Mr. Bungle helps his cause, in my eyes.
kunzerd
VIP

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2006, 10:13:17 PM »

Has anything been ordinary in the last 13 years?? CD never had a confirmed release date, why should it now

Hey truth be told, Borland's a great player...The fact that his solo stuff was so heavily indebted to Mr. Bungle helps his cause, in my eyes.

california is probably in my top ten albums of all time.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: