Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 11:13:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227984 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Most anticipated track from cd?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Most anticipated track from cd?  (Read 20561 times)
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #140 on: December 13, 2006, 07:48:52 PM »

thanks

you did your homework AND you have a search function, good for you.

and yeah i'm still with the band.

so....your with the band right? what part do you play in the role of Guns'n'Roses? and your FOR SURE that its the 19th...right? call me gulible if you must but i prefer hopeful

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
creepingvines
Headliner

exploding whispers...

« Reply #141 on: December 13, 2006, 08:02:41 PM »

i think people who are with the band probably know how to spell finck.  unless of course you're talking about that dude jimmy joe joe fink, who has a dog named slash.
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #142 on: December 14, 2006, 04:54:40 AM »

thanks

you did your homework AND you have a search function, good for you.

and yeah i'm still with the band.

Don't shit with us fella, there's been enough dodgy rumours goin around lately.

Would someone close to the band really advertise that fact AND post that the cd's comin 19th DEC?

Hmm so you're in the with the band but are asking questions about the supposed tracks on CD?
crash_diet
Rocker

"...too stupid to leave with nothing to loose..."

« Reply #143 on: December 14, 2006, 05:20:23 AM »

back in the topic Smiley "This i Love" is the one for me...never heard this song, but rumors says that this is an epic song

This i love -------> Prostitute
...a shot of vitamin C and a bottle of booze...
slunksoma
Headliner

Here Today...Gone to Bed

« Reply #144 on: December 14, 2006, 09:07:13 AM »

The General for some reason for me....just sounds like its gonna be good, know what i'm saying? Like its gonna be some stompy Civil War belter.
slunksoma
Headliner

Here Today...Gone to Bed

« Reply #145 on: December 14, 2006, 09:32:15 AM »

would hearing some of these songs live first appease us in the slightest? If the CA CityWalk shows for instance had some new additions would htat be a bad thing? Personally i would like to hear them on CD first rather than Live but thats just me....the fact that I wont be at those shows probably has something to do with it!
pipes51334
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #146 on: December 14, 2006, 10:34:48 AM »

Chinese Democracy will be the greatest album ever made. My main anticipation is to experience that for the first time.

But if I had to stay on topic hihi I'd say This I Love.
i will definitely agree with you on this one man.if and when chinese democracy comes out,i believe the music industry as we know it is going to change.the NEW gnr is something special.the guys axl has hand-picked for this band are great.something big will happen if it comes out.i know it.10 plus yrs of waiting for all us long-time fans and i don't give a fuck what some of you say the second you hear that the record is out you will be on a direct route to your local best buy with money in hand,just as i will,heart beating so fast and i'll probably have a fucking hard-on i'll be so fucking excited.its very smart what axl has done,depending on how you look at it and if the recored comes out,but touring a couple times over the last 5yrs playing the new material not only will he have the millions of us long-time fans buying it all the millions of new gnr fans will be running to their local record store as well.it will sell millions.that's a guarantee.but sticking to topic,i would have to say i am looking forward to the material that i have not heard yet.
burden
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #147 on: December 14, 2006, 10:51:52 AM »

Chinese Democracy will be the greatest album ever made. My main anticipation is to experience that for the first time.

i will definitely agree with you on this one man.if and when chinese democracy comes out,i believe the music industry as we know it is going to change.the NEW gnr is something special.the guys axl has hand-picked for this band are great.

Not to be a downer, but I don't know how anyone can say that these guys are great song writers.  Perhaps they are great musicians and performers, but I don't think that translates to great song writing. 

That said, being on topic - I suppose the songs I anticipate the most are Prostitute and This I Love.  I first heard of Prostitute in the Spin article titled "What the World Needs Now is Axl Rose".  Moby mentioned that this was a song Axl was struggling with as Axl thought it was a big hit.   This I Love was mentioned in Rolling Stone by Axl as the "heaviest" thing he ever wrote.
pipes51334
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #148 on: December 14, 2006, 01:33:23 PM »

i will definitely agree with you on this one man.if and when chinese democracy comes out,i believe the music industry as we know it is going to change.the NEW gnr is something special.the guys axl has hand-picked for this band are great.

Not to be a downer, but I don't know how anyone can say that these guys are great song writers.? Perhaps they are great musicians and performers, but I don't think that translates to great song writing.?

That said, being on topic - I suppose the songs I anticipate the most are Prostitute and This I Love.? I first heard of Prostitute in the Spin article titled "What the World Needs Now is Axl Rose".? Moby mentioned that this was a song Axl was struggling with as Axl thought it was a big hit.? ?This I Love was mentioned in Rolling Stone by Axl as the "heaviest" thing he ever wrote.
what fucking post are you reading?who said anything about songwriting?i will have to guess that you are probably 15yrs old and probably not even born when AFD was released because if you knew anything you would know that axl rose needs NO FUCKING HELP writing his music.yes the musicians he has chosen are EXCELLENT performers and are all DEFINITE players.i believe that your post has insulted the band and especially axl rose.and what is with this "perhaps"they are great musicians and performers?you obviously have not seen the band live.go back to elementary school.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #149 on: December 14, 2006, 01:54:01 PM »

For me it would probably be Seven.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
chineseroses
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #150 on: December 14, 2006, 01:58:01 PM »

Not to be a downer, but I don't know how anyone can say that these guys are great song writers.  Perhaps they are great musicians and performers, but I don't think that translates to great song writing. 

That said, being on topic - I suppose the songs I anticipate the most are Prostitute and This I Love.  I first heard of Prostitute in the Spin article titled "What the World Needs Now is Axl Rose".  Moby mentioned that this was a song Axl was struggling with as Axl thought it was a big hit.   This I Love was mentioned in Rolling Stone by Axl as the "heaviest" thing he ever wrote.
what fucking post are you reading?who said anything about songwriting?i will have to guess that you are probably 15yrs old and probably not even born when AFD was released because if you knew anything you would know that axl rose needs NO FUCKING HELP writing his music.yes the musicians he has chosen are EXCELLENT performers and are all DEFINITE players.i believe that your post has insulted the band and especially axl rose.and what is with this "perhaps"they are great musicians and performers?you obviously have not seen the band live.go back to elementary school.

what? Axl can't write the riffs needed for guitar can he? thats where he relies on the other guys to write them. thus the reason they need good song writing skills.

EDIT:and just because they can play an improved version of slashs solo doesnt prove their good song writers
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #151 on: December 14, 2006, 02:22:03 PM »

Robin's playing lead Axl to write the best song of his career so I think that translates to great songwriting ability...

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
'Slinger
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #152 on: December 14, 2006, 08:36:14 PM »

I would like to hear Something Always.  This sounds like the title of a very catchy track.
gin hotel
Banned
Rocker

Blind Melon - Chinese Democracy?

« Reply #153 on: December 15, 2006, 03:02:03 PM »

this i love

lastroots
« Reply #154 on: December 15, 2006, 03:29:40 PM »

This I Love & Prostitute

/lastroots
Psychophobia
« Reply #155 on: December 15, 2006, 05:16:08 PM »

Marco Belatrami
Drawing a blank here -- who's this guy? Huh
burden
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #156 on: December 15, 2006, 05:22:54 PM »

Not to be a downer, but I don't know how anyone can say that these guys are great song writers.? Perhaps they are great musicians and performers, but I don't think that translates to great song writing.?

That said, being on topic - I suppose the songs I anticipate the most are Prostitute and This I Love.? I first heard of Prostitute in the Spin article titled "What the World Needs Now is Axl Rose".? Moby mentioned that this was a song Axl was struggling with as Axl thought it was a big hit.? ?This I Love was mentioned in Rolling Stone by Axl as the "heaviest" thing he ever wrote.

I'm 34 years old and apparently know a lot more than you apparently.  Axl is a great singer, singwriter, etc.  However, to imply that he wrote AFD by himself is just ignorant.  If he never met Saul Hudson, there would be no SCOM, ISE was written by Duff, Brownstone by Izzy, and the list goes on and on,  The old bad was very much colloborative.  My point was that being a great "technical player" done not NECESSARILY translate into being a great songwriter.  Broadly speaking, this could be the greatest album ever, however, but nit because these guys play the guitar technically well.  You seem a little stressed.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: