Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 04:06:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227873 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The BIG Question ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The BIG Question ?  (Read 22811 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2007, 02:23:55 PM »

I'd love if Mysteron (or anyone for that matter) gave us some info within a few weeks.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2007, 04:54:48 PM »

Whats next is a good question...But thats been asked after very tour that they finish..

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
them
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2007, 05:03:08 PM »

The answer is 42.

It's funny because it's true...
 hihi
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2007, 06:59:04 PM »

The answer is 42.

rofl
nice

yeap, can we go back to talk about the album now?
lol

beer

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2007, 07:05:47 PM »

The answer is 42.

rofl
nice

yeap, can we go back to talk about the album now?
lol

beer

I agree with you, but I also see the original point.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
crayallica
Headliner

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2007, 08:58:33 PM »

If it is done and Merck is gone. What is the label and who will handle promotion?

Once that is straight give them 10 to 15 weeks.

There are 18 Tuesdays left before the Christmas shopping season.

Lots more time to play with our demos........

age 37....volume always at 10
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2007, 09:58:49 PM »

A few more leaks.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2007, 10:27:30 PM »

A few more leaks.
I personally don't want to hear any more leaks IF the album is gonna come out someday.  If not, then let the leaks fly.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2007, 10:31:55 PM »

Honestly, all joking aside, I have a good feeling about this year. It's the first time I have ever felt this way regarding the album. It's "turned in" and Mysteron said the main focus was getting the album out (which I never recall him saying in the past) then that just fortifies my outlook on 07.
AxlsSweetChild
Headliner

proof the band stands the test of time

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2007, 10:40:25 PM »

if i was axl i would release the album on march 6th 2008 and say that was the plan all along. would be so badass smoking

If you play My World backwards, Axl announces the release date for Chinese Democracy
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2007, 10:47:59 PM »

if i was axl i would release the album on march 6th 2008 and say that was the plan all along. would be so badass smoking

It would be more Badass if he just released the damn thing!!! Soon.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2007, 10:56:44 PM »

I would certainly hope this latest leg of the C.D. tour didn't upset those nagging 'finishing touches.' After all, they didn't have to do it (at least as it appears to all of us) and I'm certain those markets would have waited for the GnR machine to roll into their time.

Personally, I always speculated that these latest dates were a fundraiser anyway; Axl has been financing the record on his own for a couple of years, if that portion of the NYT article is to be believed. This leg was a quick and easy way to push some cash toward the studio fees.

But I believe the album has been done for awhile and there are probably legal hassles and label headaches to solve.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2007, 11:03:54 PM »

It's "turned in"

Shocked

Where did you hear that?  If that's true then it's great news, and the album will probably be out this year. 

My theory on the tour was that they had turned the album over to be mixed, maybe they even had several different people mixing it so they could choose from different mixes.  Mixing, especially for an album as layered and complex as CD, can take months.  So the optimistic side of me figured that rather than wait around for someone to mix the album, they went out on the road to stay in lean, mean touring mode, so when they got back they could decide on the final mix and turn it in.  But if the album has already been turned in to Universal then that should mean a release later this year  Cool
SLCPUNK
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2007, 02:36:42 AM »

Personally, I always speculated that these latest dates were a fundraiser anyway; Axl has been financing the record on his own for a couple of years, if that portion of the NYT article is to be believed. This leg was a quick and easy way to push some cash toward the studio fees.

Those have been my thoughts as well.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2007, 03:54:22 AM »

The tour was great.  Axl was there full throttle every night and had a different surprise for each region...(Don't Cry, extended setlists, etc).  I really enjoyed reading how much Axl and the band were having fun...but the question always lingers for EVERYONE of us...Is Axl serious about releasing CD?  I think so.  The focus for the next couple months will be on the album I'm sure, but the guy I know whos involved with Geffen tells me that Axl is still wanting Great Hits II released with the "real hits" according to Axl, and I completely agree.  I'm not sure what hits he wants, but hes set on the Greatest Hits II being released at some point in time as well as Chinese Democracy.  I just hope the CD release will be in November 2007 like he is telling me...here to hoping all this off time leads up to what we all WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! beer
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2007, 04:11:43 AM »

I think it would be a bad idea for GH 2 to come out.  People would then be certain that Chinese Democracy is nowhere near.   Focus should be 100 percent on Chinese Democracy IMO
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2007, 04:14:43 AM »

Yes it should.  I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER GREATEST HITS!!  Axl is the only one pushing for this (as far as I know).  I think Axl really wants Chinese Democracy out...hes hit every major region and everyone in his camp knows its time.
Megaguns
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2007, 04:20:18 AM »

Cmon.... They only released 5 studio albums, The first GH shouldnt have happened in my opinion, All these kids are buying GH and missing out on the best tunes, Coma, RQ, etc etc...  They all need to just go and buy the albums.
waxlrick
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2007, 06:48:28 AM »

Gunners need to drop a single now and announce the real release date for the album. If they dont after this much touring then it would seem to me that they are fucking stupid! To put it frankly......
Chief
Legend

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2007, 01:46:46 PM »

Yes, i think another GH album would be completely pointless, at least at this point in time.  perhaps a year after CD is out, it's possible that may work....

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: