Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 05:48:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227873 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Madagascar thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Madagascar thread  (Read 24151 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: November 18, 2008, 06:00:44 PM »

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 08:32:50 AM »

Here's another vocal performance I don't understand. Maybe the worn down sound is intentional? With all the superb vocals found elsewhere on the album, that's all I'm left to assume. This, like "If The World" is one I find most different from what a casual GN'R fan would expect. It's a welcome change though. The sample section in the middle is very inventive and a nice layer over the solo. I could do without all the vocal layers from the middle on. The vocal performance and layering force a lower score for an other wise great song.
3.5/5

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
axe
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 09:24:49 AM »

What the f is "My'd own denial"?
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 09:30:21 AM »

I think it remains true to the live version, which I've always liked-great song

libertad
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 09:32:59 AM »

The first time i listened to it in RIR2001 i fell in love with it! I think this song is magic! The work done by Axl with the speeches MLK, Braveheart, etc....its genius!!! What he means by it so powerfull!!

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
Olorin
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 10:12:57 AM »

I dont trust that pile of plop booklet. I'm pretty sure its supposed to be "marred in denial".

Its a total buzz killer reading along with the lyrics and finding innacurate lyrics, missing lines and verses, verses jumbled up.  no

Could be my favourite song on the album.  ok
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 10:25:36 AM »

I was disappointed with this song. I had such high expectations for the finished version, but I think it sounds better when they have performed it live. It is still a great song it just sounds like the tempo is a little too slow compared to the live version.
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 10:28:35 AM »

i personally hate this song... never liked it. never will. it's the worst song on the record for me... it's my "you're crazy" from AFD. The one song that makes it nearly perfect as a whole.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
Olorin
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 10:31:13 AM »

I was disappointed with this song. I had such high expectations for the finished version, but I think it sounds better when they have performed it live. It is still a great song it just sounds like the tempo is a little too slow compared to the live version.

The tempo does seem slower, I thought that about Better as well. I thought my cd player must be on its way out.
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 10:32:17 AM »

"MIRED" in denial.
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 12:03:42 PM »

I liked the crazy penguins, but otherwise it wasn't as good as Finding Nemo...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 12:13:53 PM »

Here's another vocal performance I don't understand. Maybe the worn down sound is intentional? With all the superb vocals found elsewhere on the album, that's all I'm left to assume. This, like "If The World" is one I find most different from what a casual GN'R fan would expect. It's a welcome change though. The sample section in the middle is very inventive and a nice layer over the solo. I could do without all the vocal layers from the middle on. The vocal performance and layering force a lower score for an other wise great song.
3.5/5

I think the worn down sound is intentional.  That sound fits the emotional context of the song.  He's a man that's been wounded, broken and worn down by the world, but by the end of the song has summoned the will to defiantly say "I won't be told anymore, that I've been brought down in this storm, and left so far out from the shore, that I can't find my way back, my way anymore."  By the end of the song, he really feels those lyrics and screams them out.

Ali
The Illusionist
Headliner

Illusion

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2008, 12:25:20 PM »

Michael J. Fox!!!!

<i>Double Talkin' Jive Motherfucker</i>
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2008, 02:00:45 PM »

it's the best damn song I have ever heard.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2008, 02:09:58 PM »

Like I said about the Blues, er, Street of Dreams, it sounds weird hearing a studio version after all these years. It's not a bad thing, but it's almost like a brand new song, albeit one you're very familiar with. Kind of like running into your exact double on the street.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2008, 03:02:04 PM »

I think all the songs sound better than the leaks with the exception of this one. I really love this song but it is just not as good as some of the leaks I have heard. One part that bothers me is that the solo seems like it is drowned out and it was one of my favorite parts.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2008, 03:07:46 PM »

I think all the songs sound better than the leaks with the exception of this one. I really love this song but it is just not as good as some of the leaks I have heard. One part that bothers me is that the solo seems like it is drowned out and it was one of my favorite parts.

They have definitely made the samples louder than the solo.  I love both so it's kind of hard to decide what was the right choice there.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
demanding_GNR_rock
Headliner

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2008, 03:12:05 PM »

i personally hate this song... never liked it. never will. it's the worst song on the record for me... it's my "you're crazy" from AFD. The one song that makes it nearly perfect as a whole.

I agree i didnt like this track live and like it even less finished although only disliking one record on an album is a personal record.
1/5
commissioner
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2008, 04:13:21 PM »

I dont trust that pile of plop booklet. I'm pretty sure its supposed to be "marred in denial".

Its a total buzz killer reading along with the lyrics and finding innacurate lyrics, missing lines and verses, verses jumbled up.  no

Could be my favourite song on the album.  ok

I think it is "marred" in denial too?  The lyrics in the CD should clear that up!

???If you go to myspace when the song is playing on the player and point over the photo of the CD....
It says release date 10/10/2009???

wonder if that is a typo or another release date for a seperate CD?

It's A really special song and nice to hear it on the new CD.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 08:33:20 AM by commissioner » Logged
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2008, 04:49:14 PM »

I to don't know what happen here. Axl singing this song live sounds better then whats on the album. And this still sounds like the demo. i give it 2/5 not feeling the album verson like i was thinking i would.  keep in mind i'm rateing the album versons of all songs. Madagascar is still a great song don't get me wrong.

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15