Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 11:39:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Madagascar thread
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Madagascar thread  (Read 24150 times)
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #120 on: March 05, 2009, 09:56:21 AM »

I know this is out of the blue, but at most bars and stuff, does anyone know why Madagascar can't be found on a jukebox? These are even internet type machines, where you can search for a song-has anyone else noticed this? Can anyone think of a reason why?

libertad
gnrfan1797
« Reply #121 on: March 05, 2009, 10:33:39 AM »

not to fond of this song
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #122 on: March 05, 2009, 10:43:31 AM »

the narration reminds me of the tower of babel.
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #123 on: March 05, 2009, 10:13:54 PM »

I know this is out of the blue, but at most bars and stuff, does anyone know why Madagascar can't be found on a jukebox? These are even internet type machines, where you can search for a song-has anyone else noticed this? Can anyone think of a reason why?

Is the rest of the album there?
Marion68
VIP

« Reply #124 on: March 08, 2009, 04:15:26 AM »

I like the lyrics
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #125 on: March 08, 2009, 12:59:53 PM »

Is the rest of the album there?
I don't think it's necessarily a slight at the song.  I checked the jukebox at a bar a few weeks back and they had a number of CD songs, but not them all.  I don't think "Madagascar" was on there, but neither was "Shackler's Revenge" and a few others.  They probably just randomly select songs from albums.  I played quite a few CD songs that night for my own enjoyment.  It was loud though so people hardly noticed.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GNRFAN20
« Reply #126 on: March 12, 2009, 01:18:52 AM »

In some way, I can see them both being related to each other. Having audio samples and telling a story.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #127 on: March 12, 2009, 07:54:58 AM »

In some way, I can see them both being related to each other. Having audio samples and telling a story.

why not ask the band directly..... im not trying to kill the thread, just thought you might get a straight answer   ok

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=56162.140

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #128 on: March 12, 2009, 09:14:03 AM »

Other than the Cool Hand Luke sample I see no connection. Both are great songs...Although live Madgascar always seemed a bit drawn out to me.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #129 on: March 12, 2009, 12:05:38 PM »

I sorta can see the connection. Or no point in using the same quote, I'd imagine.

Why does it have to be 'civil war' and not simply 'war'? What's so civil about war, anyway?

When did they have the Civil war? in 1860s or during the illusion era? Or maybe any time anywhere there are civil wars.

Providing that the civil war was about the then ongoing one anyone in the band then was involved, the wartime and the aftermath must be reflected on in broader perspective in Madagascar.

naa wardey I think this is a q only axl can answer.
but maybe GNRFAN20 could post it to the Madagascar thread.  yes

edit: jarmo is quick bout his work.   Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 12:22:53 PM by ppbebe » Logged
GNRFAN20
« Reply #130 on: March 12, 2009, 06:18:06 PM »

The Civil War  did happen in the 1860's. The connection is their with Civil War being the beginning and Madagascar being the aftermath.
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #131 on: March 12, 2009, 08:46:26 PM »

I'm listening to this song right now and I that song has an effect on me that I can't explain, I feel the same way since the first time I heard it on RIR3.

Amazing song, the speech part makes gives me goosebumps everytime I listen.

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #132 on: March 12, 2009, 09:16:31 PM »

This along with CD (the song) is my least favorite song on the album but I still enjoy it.  Guess that shows how much I like CD (the album)  Tongue
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #133 on: March 24, 2009, 12:37:56 PM »

I appreciate the studio version.

when i heard the title I thought of Darwinism.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #134 on: March 24, 2009, 01:56:37 PM »

I'm listening to this song right now and I that song has an effect on me that I can't explain, I feel the same way since the first time I heard it on RIR3.

Amazing song, the speech part makes gives me goosebumps everytime I listen.
Hey amigo, what's up? Smiley

Actually I found out the other day how the second verse ("if we ever find this truth..." or something like that) has a similar backing vocal track as the way Axl sang in RIR3, in a sad and low voice. It was a cool addition, I don't remember listening live or in demos.

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #135 on: May 13, 2009, 01:43:31 PM »

This is my new favorite GNR track.

We don't talk much about this track cause it's been around forever since Guns New year shows in Vegas, but had this song been kept secret until the release, I'm sure it'd have been everyone's favorite.

Drums in Madagascar are simply awesome.  At 2'23" love how they kick in and the guitar blasting leading up to Axl's last verse and solo.

They played in Madrid in 2006, very close to the finale. I hope Madagascar makes the cut and it's played constanly throughout the next tour.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #136 on: May 13, 2009, 01:52:53 PM »

Actually the firts time it got played was in Rio 2001, not Vegas. Smiley

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #137 on: May 13, 2009, 01:59:04 PM »

The way the quotes are done still give me goose bumps every time I listen to it. 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #138 on: October 05, 2009, 05:53:24 PM »

The way the quotes are done still give me goose bumps every time I listen to it. 

I was listening to the song earlier today as I was out "enjoying" the chilly weather and I gotta agree with you on that.

It's easy to just not pay attention to them because they don't have Axl singing, but when you do pay attention, it definitely adds something to the song.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Thanatos
Opening Act

« Reply #139 on: October 06, 2009, 07:23:37 AM »

IMO, the best song on the album.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: