Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 02:41:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227985 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy released in time for Grammy consideration?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy released in time for Grammy consideration?  (Read 1172 times)
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« on: November 23, 2008, 09:16:07 PM »

I hardly ever watch the Grammy Awards, but that would change if Chinese Democracy was nominated in any/all categories. I believe there's a cut-off date at a certain time of the calendar year for album releases in order to qualify for the following year's Grammys. Can anybody confirm this?

GN'R is richly deserving of Grammy nods for this album, seeing as how they've only been nominated once before (best Hard Rock Performance for Use Your Illusion I...losing the award to Van Halen). As all of us now know, Chinese Democracy is the BEST ALBUM OF THE YEAR. I just want the people who do the nominations at the Grammys to recognize this.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 10:48:11 PM »

What are the requirements for a recording to be submitted for GRAMMY award consideration?
There are numerous eligibility requirements but the basic guideline is that the recording must have been released for sale and in general distribution in the United States between October 1 and September 30 of the current eligibility year. For more specific information, please contact the Awards Dept. directly at (310) 392-3777.

http://www.grammy.com/Recording_Academy/Member_Services/FAQs/#23

Axl is God.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: