Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 12:29:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" single
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" single  (Read 44404 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2008, 01:54:51 AM »

I wait for "Silkworms" too

I thought Pitman admitted that Silkworms had been reconstituted into something else. No longer 100% concentrate.

Another single. hmmmmm. Obviously no video. Where exactly is the promotion?

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2008, 05:40:48 AM »

What's the point in releasing a single on iTunes when you can buy the track on its own now? Without any 'b-sides' or a video there is precisely NO point.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2008, 05:43:56 AM »

What's the point in releasing a single on iTunes when you can buy the track on its own now? Without any 'b-sides' or a video there is precisely NO point.

$$$$$

And releasing singles are a great way to gauge interest in bands and albums.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2008, 11:34:09 AM »

get ready to take over the world!!  dec 2nd... chinese democracy officially starts.   beer

about this...

yeah, I'm pretty sure that 'Chinese Democracy' started last Sunday, November 23, 2008. (here in the USA atleast, some places earlier, some later)

just to clarify! ok

rofl rofl rofl

You know...somewhere there's a GNR fan waking up from a coma with no idea this album is out.  Maybe this is that guy?

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2008, 12:24:14 PM »

You know...somewhere there's a GNR fan waking up from a coma with no idea this album is out.  Maybe this is that guy?
maybe that's me. damn I ended up with no waiting for cd..... Undecided

I wouldn't hate if Chinese democracy started time and again.  Cheesy
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2008, 12:31:56 PM »

What "Better" needs is a big radio airplay push.

Obviously, the more the song is heard over free radio airwaves, the chances of the single's success brighten.

In my area, I haven't heard the song on any stations besides WAAF.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2008, 12:55:19 PM »

wait, i thought that Better was already released as a single? headscratch
Better was only sent to SOME radio stations.  Of course, lots of stations are now playing multiple tracks from CD, but on Tuesday the official single will be sent to ALL stations.  I'm assuming that's how it all breaks down.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
badobsession81
Rocker

Forgive them that tear down your soul

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2008, 01:11:41 PM »

Ah that makes more sense, so release actually means 'promo release to radio' - hopefully that will mean a week or two of playlisting on radio and then at least a digital 'single' release (ideally physical with b side).

I still don't get the approaches - to generate interest in the uk, you need airplay, and then you need a single to chart on the official top 40. ChiD didn't achieve its potential cuz it was a download only release - the UK chart is determined by sales only - digital and physical (it used to be just physical). So now you often get a digital release one week before a physical release which makes the song enter fairly low, then peak on the second week when the physical release sales are added....

Where's the video?

Back In Power
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2008, 06:55:23 PM »

I want Catcher with Mr. Brian May on lead guitar!

I want Jessica alba naked on my bed , but like ^ we all know that shit ain't happening.

What are you talkin about? She is right here. She said HI!!! to everyone on here. lol  The B-Side...i don't think there is going to be a b-side

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
Mechanical-Worm
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2008, 01:06:19 AM »

I just heard it on the radio tonight around 5:30. I missed half of it though - caught it after the solo.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 01:08:08 AM by Mechanical-Worm » Logged
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2008, 01:13:09 AM »

Ah that makes more sense, so release actually means 'promo release to radio' - hopefully that will mean a week or two of playlisting on radio and then at least a digital 'single' release (ideally physical with b side).

I still don't get the approaches - to generate interest in the uk, you need airplay, and then you need a single to chart on the official top 40. ChiD didn't achieve its potential cuz it was a download only release - the UK chart is determined by sales only - digital and physical (it used to be just physical). So now you often get a digital release one week before a physical release which makes the song enter fairly low, then peak on the second week when the physical release sales are added....

Where's the video?

Rumor has it that their waiting for Axl's ok for the video to be released.  Since the single is coming out on the 2nd, maybe we will see it then ?

Maybe... Mysteron, Jarmo, anybody Huh

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Chief
Legend

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2008, 12:38:25 AM »

I think we should help promote by requesting Better on radio stations/internet radio!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2008, 01:55:33 AM »

I think we should help promote by requesting Better on radio stations/internet radio!!

Good Idea ! i'll request it on Sirius/XM !   Axl please we need a visual ! release the music video !! GNR 4 Life !!

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2008, 02:04:04 AM »

Good Idea ! i'll request it on Sirius/XM !   Axl please we need a visual ! release the music video !! GNR 4 Life !!

Sirius/XM has been playing a lot of different tracks on Octane!

I heard TWAT Saturday morning!
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2008, 02:21:59 AM »

so,what did happen with single?
did they realise it?
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2008, 02:25:14 AM »

I think your right!!  I think we here did a lot to get Chinese Democracy out and played as much as possible on the radio.  Now obviously, it wasn't just us..lol  But I know I called a few times and asked for it or said how much I liked it.   I think we should do the same for "Better", and song that in my mind is indeed Better than CD and a song that will appeal to a lot more people.   I think we shouldn't let up because the album is out and push this baby hard!!!  We should request this as much as possible and get it played!!

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2008, 07:00:11 AM »

Where's the video?

Rumor has it that their waiting for Axl's ok for the video to be released.  Since the single is coming out on the 2nd, maybe we will see it then ?

Maybe... Mysteron, Jarmo, anybody Huh

I expect it'll turn up around the same time as 'Axl's press release that he's been working on'.  Roll Eyes

And there goes the challenger...
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2008, 09:40:03 AM »

My 15 about to turn 16 year old daughter, who rolls her eyes and leaves the room when I put on Chinese Democracy, LOVES Better.

She's into whatever teenagers are into these days, which at the moment is the book Twilight.

Kids now a days spend 1.99 for the videos on itunes.

My 7 year old daughter, on the other hand, LOVES the entire CD record.  Go figure.  When I play it she hums the whole time.  I actually would rather she not hum, so I can hear the music itself, but my appreciation for her actually liking the album leads me to put up with the humming.

Kids are where the money is these days when it comes to selling music.  Adults are too busy stressing about the economy.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2008, 10:47:51 AM »

My 15 about to turn 16 year old daughter, who rolls her eyes and leaves the room when I put on Chinese Democracy, LOVES Better.

She's into whatever teenagers are into these days, which at the moment is the book Twilight.

Kids now a days spend 1.99 for the videos on itunes.

My 7 year old daughter, on the other hand, LOVES the entire CD record.  Go figure.  When I play it she hums the whole time.  I actually would rather she not hum, so I can hear the music itself, but my appreciation for her actually liking the album leads me to put up with the humming.

Kids are where the money is these days when it comes to selling music.  Adults are too busy stressing about the economy.

First thing I did when my 9 yr old daughter came home the day I got CD was plop the headphones on her and make her listen to This I Love hihi

She LOVES Better, more then any other song.  She sings it all the time (badly, unfortunately, I had to coach her on how to sing the intro/outro hihi )

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
bangit
Rocker

Here Today..been on mygnr for past few years.

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2008, 11:21:49 AM »

Has Better been released as a single today or what?

Rock in Rio Lisbon 2006, Download Dublin 2006, Sheffield 2006, Helsinki Live festival 2010, Leeds Festival 2010, Manchester 2010! 6 fucking amazing experiences! Where in 2012?Huh?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: