Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 04:49:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Irving Azoff Comments On Guns N Roses
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Irving Azoff Comments On Guns N Roses  (Read 24072 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #120 on: December 12, 2008, 12:12:18 AM »

No I don't.

I just chose to run our site based on my own judgment instead of letting some anonymous Internet brats tell me how to do it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
2cool4school
Opening Act

« Reply #121 on: December 12, 2008, 12:15:29 AM »

Hey cant we just support Axl and GNR in any form they are.  Current, past and future.  I for one do not just want to limit my self to being a fan of the current lineup.  Especially knowing how many players come and go.  I am Axl fan and support him in any move he makes.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #122 on: December 12, 2008, 12:18:28 AM »

Hey cant we just support Axl and GNR in any form they are.  Current, past and future.  I for one do not just want to limit my self to being a fan of the current lineup.  Especially knowing how many players come and go.  I am Axl fan and support him in any move he makes.

People seem to think that because I support the band right now, that I hate the old albums.....

Just because I look ahead, I apparently disregard the past.  rofl

I'm a Guns N' Roses fan. I was one yesterday, I'm one today and I will be one tomorrow.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #123 on: December 12, 2008, 12:22:40 AM »

Damn that's a harsh analogy bro about the wife thing.

I just don't get people's need to constantly bash axl or the old band.

It isn't the old band's fault if people spread rumors. I don't think they've said or done anything to warrant being insulted.

My point is, if Axl came out and said he buried the hatchet and they were gonna have a reunion, this site would turn Pro Original GNR and everybody knows it.

You guys are just bashing cause you  know there isn't going to be one but if Axl wanted it, everybody would be going ape shit.

I support the new band whether anyone believes it or not BUT it is hard to get the same connection to players you haven't seen or heard as much as compared to people you grew up with.

maybe over the next few years, if GNR stay active and the new guys get their moments to shine in the public eye, those same connections can be built.

They did help create an amazing album and have truly earned their place in this band as they've helped further the GNR legacy.

That's why I hated Tommy's comment so much. once the CD is out, people got on board but realistically they had to know what they were signing up for.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
2cool4school
Opening Act

« Reply #124 on: December 12, 2008, 12:24:10 AM »

I think a lot of people out there live in the past.  They are only supporters of the old band..  Jarmo with comment like, "look to the future, not the past".  It comes off to myself that you are just a supporter of the current line up..    Hey whatever though, YOU just cleared that up in your last post.  What I got out of that is that you support guns from day one till today and what ever the future may hold.   Thats what kind of fan I am..

As much as I would love to see the old bad..  I would love to see the current line up as well.  CD is a great album.  Best of the year.  I would love to here the current line up play it full live!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #125 on: December 12, 2008, 12:26:49 AM »

Since we are on the subject. I don't want a reunion because I hate the new band or think they aren't worthy or whatever.

Its just I was too young when GNR were huge and I never got the opportunity to see my all time favorite performers on the stage together.

Surely one could see that point of view.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #126 on: December 12, 2008, 12:27:17 AM »

My point is, if Axl came out and said he buried the hatchet and they were gonna have a reunion, this site would turn Pro Original GNR and everybody knows it.

No shit Sherlock.

In that scenario, that would be the current band.

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #127 on: December 12, 2008, 12:29:41 AM »

So its nothing personal against the old guys  for you Jarmo, I get that

I am talking about all these people bashing and talking shit about the old guys.

Thats what I call being real. these same people bashing would be changing their tune if that were to happen and it would be funny watching them.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 12:31:40 AM by D » Logged

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #128 on: December 12, 2008, 12:31:07 AM »

There is nothing wrong with Tommy's comment.  To me, it was aimed squarely at the people who direct undue hate towards himself and other new members.  It's like, these guys want to be here.  They want to be in GnR.  They've devoted years of their life to it and poured their heart and soul into it.  They don't deserve to be slammed as jokes or session musicians, which is what has happened from certain circles, and that's who the comment was directed at.  Not people who have supported the band
gearbm95
Opening Act

« Reply #129 on: December 12, 2008, 12:31:27 AM »

At this point I'd like to see ANY incarnation of GNR...

I love how we get a press release about a rumor which any sensible person could already dismiss on their own. Yet, we still get no reports that Axl has been MIA for the last 2 months and the fact that we still don't have a band. We have guy who played on a record and damn fine record at that but we still don't have a group of faces that constitute what GNR will look like on a stage. I remember watching a NIN DVD that it said during the credits something like NIN Live 1999 or whatever and then the band members that made up the lineup.

Well, I guess we do have a lineup if you look at MySpace but until that band plays a single song live I don't know if we can aactually take it for 100% accurate. What I'm trying to say is I want to hear these new songs live...not in 6 months when the record has fallen off the charts....NOW!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #130 on: December 12, 2008, 12:34:04 AM »

I am talking about all these people bashing and talking shit about the old guys.

What about the so called GN'R fans who talk shit about Axl? The only guy who's been in the band since day one!

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #131 on: December 12, 2008, 12:34:35 AM »

There is nothing wrong with Tommy's comment.  To me, it was aimed squarely at the people who direct undue hate towards himself and other new members.  It's like, these guys want to be here.  They want to be in GnR.  They've devoted years of their life to it and poured their heart and soul into it.  They don't deserve to be slammed as jokes or session musicians, which is what has happened from certain circles, and that's who the comment was directed at.  Not people who have supported the band

Yeah but I just don't think it is a good idea to say something like that to people you are trying to win over.

U have to appreciate the situation. U are a new band, replacing legends and people that fans grew up with... u are basically playing songs written by the old band.... Did they really expect it to not be rough until CD came out?

I made tons of posts years ago how I felt bad for the new guys not getting to play songs they wrote to shut up and show what they are capable of.

2cool4school
Opening Act

« Reply #132 on: December 12, 2008, 12:35:09 AM »

I was 12 years old in 1992, durring the big tours and missed everything...  I got my fix through DVDS and boots...

I dont think ANYONE would ever be against a reunion...  Why would they?  BUT, they just confirmed that it isnt happening.

We have a great Album and a great lineup of players in this band so lets enjoy this..   It is great.  You can always hope to see the old line up.  I do..  Who wouldnt.  But you cant let it get in the way of making the best of what we have.

What I get pissed off at is the media.  Instead of talking about how great of a album this is and how great the current band is, all I hear about is reunion rumors...  All I hear from casual GNR fans and non fans is how this isnt the REAL gnr..  
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #133 on: December 12, 2008, 12:37:23 AM »

What about the so called GN'R fans who talk shit about Axl? The only guy who's been in the band since day one!

/jarmo

It just depends on what you consider bashing and what forum you are talking about. I don't really visit many other forums but speaking of here, I've never heard a whole lot of people talk shit about Axl.

Yeah about the promotion etc, but that is just due to overzealous fans wanting to hear from their hero. It isn't meant to be negative but we are like kids sometimes that don't get our way so we scream. We just care too much sometimes and want him to be this enormous King of the Mountain Rock God again and to show all these kids who have grown up with the worst music imaginable how it's done.

sure we go overboard, but having not heard anything in so long gets to the best of us sometimes.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #134 on: December 12, 2008, 12:38:24 AM »

Yeah but I just don't think it is a good idea to say something like that to people you are trying to win over.

You're mixing things up I think.

At Download Festival in 2006 he said one thing and then after the Cleveland show in 2006 he said the "get on board or fuck off" thing.

/jarmo

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #135 on: December 12, 2008, 12:40:02 AM »

U have to appreciate the situation. U are a new band, replacing legends and people that fans grew up with... u are basically playing songs written by the old band.... Did they really expect it to not be rough until CD came out?

I made tons of posts years ago how I felt bad for the new guys not getting to play songs they wrote to shut up and show what they are capable of.

Expecting it to be tough is one thing.  Unnecessary abuse is another thing.  Really, it's simple, either you are on board or you are not.  If you are going to dismiss the new band simply because they are not the old band, then fuck off because you aren't going to give them a chance anyway.  Nothing wrong with that at all.

Ali
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #136 on: December 12, 2008, 12:40:58 AM »

You're mixing things up I think.

At Download Festival in 2006 he said one thing and then after the Cleveland show in 2006 he said the "get on board or fuck off" thing.

/jarmo

Yeah my fault, I thought I was a bit fuzzy.

I do like Tommy though and I have thought he was awesome since RIR3. I can understand their frustration as well, I just hate how that has been a tag line for people to say to anyone who doesn't 100 percent agree with every single thing the new band does.

falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #137 on: December 12, 2008, 12:44:31 AM »

No shit Sherlock.

/jarmo

well i for one would be loyal to the current line up.  i really think gnr's the best it's ever been, and i'd hate to see them take a step backwards and start making junky mullet rock like it's 1988 again.  why have big mac when you can have steak?  so yeah, i would be very, very disappointed.  i would still support axl, but i'm not so sure i would be willing to support the rest of the band.  to me, chinese democracy is the best album they've made, far and away.  i think the old band was one of the most overrated in history.  it's like... 'wow, i know one blues scale!'
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #138 on: December 12, 2008, 12:46:25 AM »

Expecting it to be tough is one thing.  Unnecessary abuse is another thing.  Really, it's simple, either you are on board or you are not.  If you are going to dismiss the new band simply because they are not the old band, then fuck off because you aren't going to give them a chance anyway.  Nothing wrong with that at all.

Ali

Yeah but I think you have to prove to people and show them why you are worthy of taking those guys spots. Chinese Democracy does that. It shows how awesome these guys are and that they are definitely worthy to wear the GNR tag.

Back then though, u know how rude and shit people are, hell people boo their beloved home teams in sports, so what i was saying was once CD came out, a great portion of the hecklers would be on board but I'm not sure u can demand people to instantly love you without earning that love first in which CD has done.

*CRAZY D ANALOGY ALERT*

I compare it to being a kid and your parent's getting divorced. U automatically hate your step parent or parent's new BF/GF because u think they are the reason your parents aren't together.

Same concept here. I'm sure the people who hated on those guys did so thinking they were the reason the other guys weren't there..................

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #139 on: December 12, 2008, 12:47:07 AM »

No shit Sherlock.

/jarmo

well i for one would be loyal to the current line up.  i really think gnr's the best it's ever been, and i'd hate to see them take a step backwards and start making junky mullet rock like it's 1988 again.  why have big mac when you can have steak?  so yeah, i would be very, very disappointed.  i would still support axl, but i'm not so sure i would be willing to support the rest of the band.  to me, chinese democracy is the best album they've made, far and away.  i think the old band was one of the most overrated in history.  it's like... 'wow, i know one blues scale!'

Hold the Fuck up

U are calling Appetite For Destruction junk Mullet Rock?

and u call YOURSELF a GNR fan?

U realize the new band plays like 90 percent of that "shitty music" right.

WOW!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 12:59:01 AM by D » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: