Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 10:14:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Irving Azoff Comments On Guns N Roses
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Irving Azoff Comments On Guns N Roses  (Read 24074 times)
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #140 on: December 12, 2008, 01:05:43 AM »

My point is, if Axl came out and said he buried the hatchet and they were gonna have a reunion, this site would turn Pro Original GNR and everybody knows it.

No shit Sherlock.

In that scenario, that would be the current band.

/jarmo

well i for one would be loyal to the current line up.  i really think gnr's the best it's ever been, and i'd hate to see them take a step backwards and start making junky mullet rock like it's 1988 again.  why have big mac when you can have steak?  so yeah, i would be very, very disappointed.  i would still support axl, but i'm not so sure i would be willing to support the rest of the band.  to me, chinese democracy is the best album they've made, far and away.  i think the old band was one of the most overrated in history.  it's like... 'wow, i know one blues scale!'

Did you see any shows in the past few years? If so  , what the fuck did you during the songs from the mullet years???

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #141 on: December 12, 2008, 01:23:48 AM »

Here is a fact. Chinese Democracy is god among men. Every song off of it deserves to be played live from this moment on. If Chinese Democracy (and I am talking about the album) is not going to be represented respectfully and proper like when GN'R perform live then I will shake the fucking rafters in the arena from their foundations. I want NO REUNION because Chinese Motherfucking Democracy is better and cooler then that. If for some fucking reason ($$$) a reunion ever goes down, Slash better get with the fucking program. I would take Buckethead over Slash any fucking day now (And I goddamn love Slash) in GN'R because I would get to hear my preciouses (sp?).

Chinese Democracy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Reunion.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #142 on: December 12, 2008, 01:25:19 AM »

Here is a fact. Chinese Democracy is god among men. Every song off of it deserves to be played live from this moment on. If Chinese Democracy (and I am talking about the album) is not going to be represented respectfully and proper like when GN'R perform live then I will shake the fucking rafters in the arena from their foundations. I want NO REUNION because Chinese Motherfucking Democracy is better and cooler then that. If for some fucking reason ($$$) a reunion ever goes down, Slash better get with the fucking program. I would take Buckethead over Slash any fucking day now (And I goddamn love Slash) in GN'R because I would get to hear my preciouses (sp?).

Chinese Democracy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Reunion.

U bet u are really hoping Dexter reads that right? hihi hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
hooliganscomics
Banned
Headliner

Kool Aid free since '93

« Reply #143 on: December 12, 2008, 01:28:35 AM »

My point is, if Axl came out and said he buried the hatchet and they were gonna have a reunion, this site would turn Pro Original GNR and everybody knows it.

No shit Sherlock.

/jarmo

well i for one would be loyal to the current line up.  i really think gnr's the best it's ever been, and i'd hate to see them take a step backwards and start making junky mullet rock like it's 1988 again.  why have big mac when you can have steak?  so yeah, i would be very, very disappointed.  i would still support axl, but i'm not so sure i would be willing to support the rest of the band.  to me, chinese democracy is the best album they've made, far and away.  i think the old band was one of the most overrated in history.  it's like... 'wow, i know one blues scale!'

Wow what the hell is wrong with you. That mullet rock IS GUNS N FUCKING ROSES. The best band to ever walk the face of the earth. All you lovers of the current GnR get a fucking grip will ya. Appetite is and will always be the greatest collection of rock mastery ever assembled. To knock it is obscene. ANY and I mean ANY real GnR fan worships Appetite as the holy grail of rock and roll. Overrated are you out of your god damn mind. You should be banned for such an asinine comment. Wow this post makes me fucking pissed  rant

If you don't like what I have to say stop reading my posts.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #144 on: December 12, 2008, 01:58:21 AM »

Look. Appetite is the greatest Hard Rock album ever. It created not only a movement but, killed a real shitty genre that needed to badly die.

I say this as an old school gunner (I got the cred to back this up), and with my heart opened wide. I also say what I am about to say as a family man now and not the out of control teen I was who was in such a fucking funk I couldn't get out of mental shit that I cherish Appetite for helping me crawl my way out. hooliganscomics brother, Chinese Democracy is better.

Appetite I needed at a time when I had nothing musically to relate to. Still dig the fuck out of it when I am in the mood for some old school sleazy fun. But Chinese D is what turned out to be the very thing I didn't even know I needed until I had it, and it became real. Listening to it maturely its so well crafted and thought out. Each song amazes me in their own way. I cherish each and every one of them. I am really taken with Chinese Democracy. Its masterful. It is one of the all time greatest.

Precious time will prove Chinese Democracy right.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #145 on: December 12, 2008, 02:13:19 AM »

Yeah CD is amazing

I don't think really anyone here has ever said otherwise.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #146 on: December 12, 2008, 02:41:10 PM »

I don't get your statement ? What is so great about a reunion ? I mean we've heard all the old songs pretty much on 02, 06, tour.  Its time for new material and Axl Rose doesn't need Slash, Duff, Matt, Steven, Izzy.  Its time to move on, remember NOTHING LAST FOREVER.
I know that but think bout the new stuff they could come up with i mean we all i hope have heard that when the orriginal line up were comein up with new songs it would just go great and theyd have most of the stuff 4 there song done with in a few hours think of the kick ass songs they could come up with

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #147 on: December 12, 2008, 04:17:39 PM »

Wow what the hell is wrong with you. That mullet rock IS GUNS N FUCKING ROSES. The best band to ever walk the face of the earth. All you lovers of the current GnR get a fucking grip will ya. Appetite is and will always be the greatest collection of rock mastery ever assembled. To knock it is obscene. ANY and I mean ANY real GnR fan worships Appetite as the holy grail of rock and roll. Overrated are you out of your god damn mind. You should be banned for such an asinine comment. Wow this post makes me fucking pissed  rant

Speak for yourself, don't speak for the rest of the fan base. I LOVE appetite, don't get me wrong, but I prefer the Illusions over appetite any day.

Axl is God.
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #148 on: December 12, 2008, 04:35:55 PM »

I liked them back in the day when I had my mullet, and I like them now.

What's the big deal? Enjoy it all and stfu already.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« Reply #149 on: December 13, 2008, 01:41:20 AM »

When Appetite was released I was only two lol.

I love all their albums except for tsi, but that was just a cover album.  peace

But, I just don't get why some posters can't get the point that the old line-up will probably never get back together again.

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
RTK
Headliner

« Reply #150 on: December 13, 2008, 02:24:50 AM »

I'm almost certain that there will never be a reunion, and in some ways that's a good thing. Sometimes its best to let the past be the past and just appreciate the music.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #151 on: December 13, 2008, 04:19:19 AM »

Not many would wan't that voice used in old music only.

And why the hell is brands so important to some people? Think some must live in very commodified societies. Tongue

That mullet rock IS GUNS N FUCKING ROSES. The best band to ever walk the face of the earth. All you lovers of the current GnR get a fucking grip will ya.

What, that 80's band with the good singer? Roll Eyes
Maybe some people simply don't like is so much and enjoy other types of music instead.

Oldguns is like Madonna, yes they are both icons in their scenes and ages.

That doesn't mean everyone likes it on a musical level.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #152 on: December 13, 2008, 04:22:58 AM »

Yep. I once met this guy who was a huge Wings & solo McCartney fan but who didn't care about the Beatles. It can happen but it's still pretty weird.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #153 on: December 13, 2008, 04:30:12 AM »

Yeah, I'm big fan of a solo-song called "going down" by a spice girl (melanie c? ) but the despise the band.

I was into AFD too when it happened but i listen a lot more to Buckethead, The Prodigy and new stuff now.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #154 on: December 15, 2008, 02:16:53 PM »

Yep. I once met this guy who was a huge Wings & solo McCartney fan but who didn't care about the Beatles. It can happen but it's still pretty weird.
Yea those people are realy rare

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
otgm
Opening Act

Personal text

« Reply #155 on: January 02, 2009, 01:40:39 PM »

No shit Sherlock.

/jarmo

Haha, that was good. As a comeback one could claim that the new band once had a good rock riff but then it escaped them to never come back.

Been hidin' out and layin' low
It's nuthin' new ta me
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: