Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:15:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227919 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Irving Azoff Comments On Guns N Roses
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Irving Azoff Comments On Guns N Roses  (Read 24179 times)
burnz007
Rocker

Kick'n back in the shadows...

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2008, 05:20:06 PM »

Were there actually people here that believed the reunion rumors?? No offense to anyone that did, but that's pretty fucking stupid. The damn album just came out... why the hell would Axl take a huge shit on his friends (band mates) and the new CD by getting back together with the old band?? He's been with some of these guys longer than he was with the original GN'R... it just wouldn't make sense.

Anyway, the whole reunion rumor has been kicked around for years and not once has there been any truth to it. I for one look forward to the future with this band and honestly hope a reunion never happens. Look what this band has given us... The album is off the fucking hook... their gigs are amazing. They have FUN playing with each other and they are an extremely talented bunch of musicians.

I have nothing against the old members at all. I love those guys and the music they gave us... I like their new bands. But those times are over and it's been time to move on for about 10+ years now.

BTW, thanks to Irving for clearing it up for those of you that were still clinging to hope.

Are the band mates his friends?  I'm not sure, I wouldn't know obviously... but most pictures I've seen from back stage don't include Axl.  I think he's probably good friends w/ Tommy and Chris... but I'm just guessing.   Seems to me that Axl keeps to himself and works w/ the band members strictly as professional musicians.

I don't like when people say reunion since the band never broke up... individuals just left, but that's beside the point.  In the context of reports of Axl "disappearing for two months prior the release" it is conceivable that w/ Robin's unknown status that Axl was perhaps considering getting the old guys back in if he felt the new guys were abandoning him... but clearly we know this was never the case now.  I'm just saying that such speculation isn't so absurd considering there were media (tabloid) reports about exactly that.  
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2008, 05:22:57 PM »

I'm just saying that such speculation isn't so absurd considering there were media (tabloid) reports about exactly that.  

Common sense would stop such speculation...

EDIT: BTW, that common sense comment was NOT directed at you... just a general statement.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 05:27:06 PM by lennonisgod » Logged

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2008, 05:35:21 PM »

Were there actually people here that believed the reunion rumors?? No offense to anyone that did, but that's pretty fucking stupid. The damn album just came out... why the hell would Axl take a huge shit on his friends (band mates) and the new CD by getting back together with the old band?? He's been with some of these guys longer than he was with the original GN'R... it just wouldn't make sense.

Anyway, the whole reunion rumor has been kicked around for years and not once has there been any truth to it. I for one look forward to the future with this band and honestly hope a reunion never happens. Look what this band has given us... The album is off the fucking hook... their gigs are amazing. They have FUN playing with each other and they are an extremely talented bunch of musicians.

I have nothing against the old members at all. I love those guys and the music they gave us... I like their new bands. But those times are over and it's been time to move on for about 10+ years now.

BTW, thanks to Irving for clearing it up for those of you that were still clinging to hope.

Are the band mates his friends?  I'm not sure, I wouldn't know obviously... but most pictures I've seen from back stage don't include Axl.  I think he's probably good friends w/ Tommy and Chris... but I'm just guessing.   Seems to me that Axl keeps to himself and works w/ the band members strictly as professional musicians.

I don't like when people say reunion since the band never broke up... individuals just left, but that's beside the point.  In the context of reports of Axl "disappearing for two months prior the release" it is conceivable that w/ Robin's unknown status that Axl was perhaps considering getting the old guys back in if he felt the new guys were abandoning him... but clearly we know this was never the case now.  I'm just saying that such speculation isn't so absurd considering there were media (tabloid) reports about exactly that.  

Yes, they are friends.  Richard specifically has spoken specifically about how he regularly talks to and hangs with other guys in the band.  Richard mentioned that he and Robin live right down the street from each other.  He also said that they don't see Axl as much because he lives out in Malibu.  Not sure exactly where those guys live, maybe Hollywood Hills or the Valley.  Either way, if you've been to LA you know that where Axl lives is not exactly right in the middle of town.  To get from Malibu, especially up on the canyon roads, to the Beverly Hills/West Hollywood/Hollywood area you're looking at an hour plus drive unless you're driving at 3AM and there's no traffic.  It's not exactly the most convenient commute

Robin is kind of an odd cat and it appears he went on tour with NIN without much if any notice, but that doesn't mean the guys aren't friends.  Ron talked about how he and Axl text each other all the time
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2008, 05:35:38 PM »

i can't believe this rumor was allowed to spread... i'm looking at you jarmo.

Show me the link to the thread.

Let me guess, you can't find it. Why?

Because we removed the bullshit! That's why!

So next time you wanna have a go at me, think of something better.

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

I never saw anything suggesting that, which is why I was surprised to see this release.....  How odd...  Was there really talk of one?  Weird a response to bullshit, but nothing about furture tour, status with Finck, what Axl is doing.  Very interesting.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2008, 05:53:47 PM »

Which person living in 2008 thought otherwise? It's too late to take such a huge step backward. I admire Axl for pressing on. Let's see what evolves out of this beast next.

And there goes the challenger...
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2008, 05:59:44 PM »

Pure speculation here, but I imagine that for Axl, the release of CD must be like removing a giant albatross from around his neck.  The pressure from fans and the record label to release the album, the debt to the record label, the band lineup changes, all of that is gone.  He is free from all that stuff and now is free to just release music

Because the next Guns record, there's no "$13 million, 13 years" tag attached by the press ad nauseum.  There's no more "where's Slash" because there's already a GnR album without him.  The next release will just be judged for the music, the way it should be.  There won't be nearly as much resistance or negativity

I can't imagine Axl would ever walk away from that newfound freedom and pull a move that the press would paint as him crawling back to them.  When in reality we all know that if Axl called Slash and said let's do it, it would happen.  It's been that way for years.  So why would Axl reunite the old band now, after all this?
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2008, 06:02:47 PM »

Which person living in 2008 thought otherwise? It's too late to take such a huge step backward. I admire Axl for pressing on. Let's see what evolves out of this beast next.

Exactly, a huge step backwards.  Axl too strong of a person to let those other guys back.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2008, 06:07:44 PM »

Exactly, a huge step backwards.  Axl too strong of a person to let those other guys back.

Which is why I don't understand the need for a release......
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2008, 06:20:13 PM »

I don't think this was a news release, but rather an answer to a question in an interview.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
MarianoG
Headliner

River Plate

« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2008, 06:20:19 PM »

http://web.gunsnroses.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081211&content_id=a1&vkey=news&fext=.jsp
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2008, 06:21:46 PM »

glad this made it on the offical website.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2008, 06:33:48 PM »

I don't think this was a news release, but rather an answer to a question in an interview.

Responding to Bullshit almost gives it creedence.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2008, 06:41:00 PM »

Responding to Bullshit almost gives it creedence.

Well, if he was asked.  Wink

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2008, 06:56:16 PM »

The only sad part is that people believed that garbage about a reunion anyway.  Roll Eyes

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2008, 06:58:12 PM »

The only sad part is that people believed that garbage about a reunion anyway.  Roll Eyes

Those same people thought CD would sell 2 million copies in week 1, especially with Black Friday... Ya right...
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2008, 07:03:10 PM »

Those same people thought CD would sell 2 million copies in week 1, especially with Black Friday... Ya right...

What does one have to do with the other?

It's pathetic that people are getting pissed off over this - maybe not here, but at other forums, like Axl's the bad guy again, when THERE WERE NO TALKS OF A REUNION. EVER.

No wonder why he said that the internet is a giant garbage can. It's becoming more and more apparent every single day. Everyone cried for "Chinese Democracy" to be released, and now it's out and people are getting their kicks out of ripping it to shreds? I think some people on these boards really need to check themselves in for a nice long psychiatric evaluation, because something isn't right with some of these people.

At this point, I don't even want a reunion. I've NEVER wanted one. I love "Chinese Democracy", and I want the band to conquer the world on their own terms as well as hear whatever is left in the vault.

Roll on 2009.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 07:04:41 PM by BurningHills » Logged

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2008, 07:04:03 PM »

What is that wailing sound I'm hearing?
Oh, it's mygnr.com crying their eyes out
This is a victory over idiots everywhere.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2008, 07:10:14 PM »

First, no bashing the old band. Last I checked they were Far from washed up *double Platinum, 2 hit singles, grammy* I'm sure there are thousands of artists who wishes they could be washed up like that.

2nd: When a guy releases a CD and is silent and doesn't do anything, hires the 'Reunion Management team kings"  people are gonna get the wrong idea

3rd: What's so bad about a reunion anyway? I mean, what did any of them really do that is so unforgivable and bad?

Sure Axl may not want to make that kind of music anymore or what have you, but bands with a lot worst bad blood "motley Crue for example were able to grow up, mature and put things behind them.

I want the CD sessions to run their course, lets get the three albums out of the way etc, but at the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame, I want these guys to do ONE more small 2 or 3 song set together and then officially declare it dead.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2008, 07:18:30 PM »

First, no bashing the old band. Last I checked they were Far from washed up *double Platinum, 2 hit singles, grammy* I'm sure there are thousands of artists who wishes they could be washed up like that.

2nd: When a guy releases a CD and is silent and doesn't do anything, hires the 'Reunion Management team kings"  people are gonna get the wrong idea

3rd: What's so bad about a reunion anyway? I mean, what did any of them really do that is so unforgivable and bad?

Sure Axl may not want to make that kind of music anymore or what have you, but bands with a lot worst bad blood "motley Crue for example were able to grow up, mature and put things behind them.

I want the CD sessions to run their course, lets get the three albums out of the way etc, but at the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame, I want these guys to do ONE more small 2 or 3 song set together and then officially declare it dead.

My thing is that I wouldn't be against a reunion if it were done for the right reasons.  As in these guys genuinely wanted to get back together and make great music again.  But that will never happen.  It would strictly be for the money and I don't want to see that. 

I also don't see Axl tossing guys like Tommy, Ron and Richard overboard to pad his own bank account.  Just doesn't seem like his style. 
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2008, 07:24:09 PM »

If GNR reunited. I think it should be for like 5 dates. or just once on a live broadcast.

html sucks
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: