Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 09:55:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [SOLD OUT] 2/10 - New York City, New York @ Roseland Ballroom
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [SOLD OUT] 2/10 - New York City, New York @ Roseland Ballroom  (Read 38491 times)
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #120 on: February 12, 2012, 12:27:38 PM »

Wow, who knew one person's opinion would cause such a shit storm on here?  I am not attacking any of you personally by stating I thought the show was good, but now great.  I explained why I was disappointed and why I may be disappointed with tonight's and Wednesday's show. 

Lumen, its funny you brought up Broadway shows because that is what I was about to use as my point!  So you are the type of person who does like seeing a show over and over again if you like it, and that is great.  For me personally, the only time I saw a Broadway show more than once was Cats because I went on a school field trip to see it when I was younger and I went with my family because they wanted to see it.  I would never go see a Broadway show multiple times even if I liked it.  I don't even watch movies I like on TV all that often because I am always looking for something different to discover. 

Its just my personality everyone.  You can attack me for not loving the show like the rest of you because as Axl would put it, "I've seen that movie too".  I am seriously hoping that tonight is different and especially Wednesday, but if tonight is the same you might be in luck with a ticket Bandita  ok

And Jarmo, I do love seeing GNR live.  They are my favorite band.  But even though I am in a good place financially these tickets were still pretty expensive.  Like I said before, I just expected to see something different than the show I saw 3 months ago at the Izod.  I didn't hate the show by any means, it was good.  I cannot sit here and say it was the best show I have ever seen.  Not even close. 

Oh and to russtcb, thanks for the clarification.  Boy do I feel foolish right now!  peace
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #121 on: February 12, 2012, 01:08:15 PM »

And Jarmo, I do love seeing GNR live.  They are my favorite band.  But even though I am in a good place financially these tickets were still pretty expensive.  Like I said before, I just expected to see something different than the show I saw 3 months ago at the Izod.  I didn't hate the show by any means, it was good.  I cannot sit here and say it was the best show I have ever seen.  Not even close. 

I wasn't at Roseland, but I'm sure it was different since it wasn't in an arena!

How many times did you see GN'R at Roseland Ballroom?

Do you listen to any album more than once? Why? It's the same album!
Or maybe you have a favorite kind of food that you like to eat once a week... Why? It's the same!

That's how silly your "complaint" is in my opinion.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #122 on: February 12, 2012, 01:37:49 PM »

The whole club experience and vibe is what made it outstanding.  You felt like you were really there WITH the band instead of in an arena just watching the show.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion, though.  I just get disheartened when people just expect more, more, more.  We have been lucky fans since last year, IMO.  Us East Coast folks have also been doubly lucky to have so many shows nearby.  I bet there are tons of fans who would kill to be in our shoes and have the opportunity to see the "same show" over and over.  We get too much I guess and take it for granted?  I am not personally a big fan of Broadway but I do know when I love something it doesn't get old to me. 
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #123 on: February 12, 2012, 02:19:27 PM »

Another Brick in the Wall, The Pink Panther.... at least change up the cover songs!  If I hear the same show on Sunday and Wednesday I will be disappointed.  Part of what made me so interested in GNR growing up was that they would break out any song at any time. 
Another brick/pink panther are not covers. They are solos n' preludes to songs. As for the UYI set list, it wasn't nearly as spontaneous as you may have been led to believe. I too thought there may have been more changes in the set list but I was far from being dissapointed. If I could I'd be going to all 3 area shows.
CBGNR
« Reply #124 on: February 12, 2012, 02:42:07 PM »

This band could play every song from every album,some new unheard music,write some songs up on stage,give a complete detailed written account of all future plans,album releases and so on,and something would always be missing or disappointing to some.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #125 on: February 12, 2012, 03:12:59 PM »

This band could play every song from every album,some new unheard music,write some songs up on stage,give a complete detailed written account of all future plans,album releases and so on,and something would always be missing or disappointing to some.

I so think your right! Makes me sick the way some complain. When I go too a show as long as I get one I am happy. lol I will never figure out why people think they should get more then they get at a GNR show. I for one have never been disappointed. But you just can't please everyone. Have a blast guys! Wish I could be there. Maybe next time around.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
piab70
Opening Act

« Reply #126 on: February 12, 2012, 03:24:47 PM »

I thought the show was amazing. Can't wait for MD and AC! Saw a few fans that I met in Vegas.

PS-Jarmo thans for the add  ok
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #127 on: February 12, 2012, 03:25:25 PM »

Artisan News:

GUNS N' ROSES CONQUER NYC, KICK OFF CLUB RUN

Video review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYVkOu_y7h8

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #128 on: February 12, 2012, 03:34:51 PM »

Oh and to russtcb, thanks for the clarification.  Boy do I feel foolish right now!  peace

Point being; GN'R takes a ton of shit from their "fans" who have decided ahead of time that GN'R owes them more then a GN'R show just because they bought a ticket.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #129 on: February 12, 2012, 05:52:14 PM »

Point being; GN'R takes a ton of shit from their "fans" who have decided ahead of time that GN'R owes them more then a GN'R show just because they bought a ticket.

Jesus christ, all I said was that the show was good, but not great!  I explained why and I get people jumping all over me for it!  I know I know, I must not be a "fan" now.  Some of you treat this band like its your little brother being picked on.  I bet you Axl would probably shrug his shoulders at my review and not even think twice.  Why are you?

And Jarmo "Do you listen to any album more than once? Why? It's the same album!".  It takes 5 minutes of my time and none of my money to listen to a song.  Its takes hours of my time to watch a movie and its hours of my time and $100 to go to a show.  Sorry that I have higher expectations for something that I pay for or that I have to invest hours of my time for.  I guess I value my time and money more than you. 

"Or maybe you have a favorite kind of food that you like to eat once a week... Why? It's the same!"  Wow, I cannot tell you how "silly" of an argument this is.  You are comparing eating, a necessity to SURVIVE with going to a concert.  Water is my favorite thing to drink... I guess it makes me a hypocrite to admit that I drink water every single day of my life.  But I guess I'd rather be a well hydrated hypocrite than dead. 

Alright, I give up on this thread.  Onto the Terminal 5 show tonight.  I am apparently the only one who is hoping for GNR to switch it up tonight.  I hope they do, but if they don't I am going to post about my disappointment in the Terminal 5 thread!  nervous
Jbat81
Rocker

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

« Reply #130 on: February 12, 2012, 06:01:26 PM »

I kinda agree with WAR41. But I blame myself for, i guess, thinking that these 3 shows were gonna be special...to me! It was a good show but I cant lie, I did feel "disappointed" for basically seeeing/hearing the same songs/shows. I went to Both Vegas shows 6 weeks ago, so I already had the "up close and personal" experience. I understand its my fault for thinking or having hope of a different show, but I still felt "eh". With that said, I enjoyed the show with my girl but for the first time ever, I left before PC finished. I understand, and I know for a fact that there were people in Attendance watching GNR for the first time ever or this tour, but FOR ME PERSONALLY, it was no where near my fav show. But it was a
Good show! Like I said, I blame myself for looking for "new" songs, either brand new or new on setlist. This is my opinion and just cuz alot of fans here never "complaint", it does not make any less a fan or mean that I will never see them again. GNR IS and will always be my fav band since 1994! I'll be at the Ritz Wednesday. Had tix for Terminal 5 but I live in RI and I have to work. I need sleep. I work Thursday but ive always dreamed to see them there. So I'll suck it up and drive back n straight to work with no sleep.

5-14-06 NY
5-15-06 NY
11-08-06 MA
11-17-11 NJ
11-19-11 CT
11-25-11 MA
12-30-11 NV
12-31-11 NV
2-10-12 NY
2-12-12 NY
2-15-12 NY
4-8-16 NV
4-9-16 NV
7-19-16 MA
7-20-16 MA
ElChino
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #131 on: February 12, 2012, 06:10:14 PM »

MY ONE BIG DISSAPOINTMENT WAS THEM NOT PLAYING 'CHINESE DEMOCRACY'  Embarrassed
Hale
Headliner

« Reply #132 on: February 12, 2012, 06:14:38 PM »

People disappointed with GN'R should listen to "Sorry", it's Axl's apology to you.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #133 on: February 12, 2012, 06:25:41 PM »

These are the songs that were rehearsed and practiced.  As for the solos, I believe I read somewhere that they all had to learn ONE for the shows so I don't know why anyone would think they are "owed" something different. 

GNR is not expecting to play for the same exact people every night so I think this is where your confusion is.  For the majority of the folks there, the show IS new to them because most people aren't traveling coast to coast to see the band. 

This guy standing next to me kept yelling for "Nighttrain" because this was the 1st show he has seen in 20 years.  I kept telling him he didn't want to hear it yet because it means the show is close to over.  This is the regular guy who is at a concert, not a forum member who reads the set list for every show.  He was rocking the hell out and he kept telling me how he felt like he was back in 87 again. 
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #134 on: February 12, 2012, 06:35:50 PM »

I have to agree with War about this.  If you are going to spend the money, you sort of want things to be different in a way and not hear the same set list especially in a club type setting. Maybe substitute "Sorry" for "There Was A Time or "If The World". Maybe even do something where  a song is being played with the acoustic guitar like in Argentina 93.   It's not complaining but I think it's more constructive criticism if anything. This is part of the reason why I didn't spend my money to go see  GNR again. I didn't want to hear the same thing being played while being on my feet for 5+ hours as much as I love this band. I think hearing an album is on your time and much cheaper than spending $100 for tickets.  With that money, you can do something else that may interest you.  Just my opinion.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 06:37:40 PM by draguns » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #135 on: February 12, 2012, 07:01:46 PM »

And Jarmo "Do you listen to any album more than once? Why? It's the same album!".  It takes 5 minutes of my time and none of my money to listen to a song.  Its takes hours of my time to watch a movie and its hours of my time and $100 to go to a show.  Sorry that I have higher expectations for something that I pay for or that I have to invest hours of my time for.  I guess I value my time and money more than you. 

Oh, so the issue was time?

Well I'm sure you're happy to notice that the set wasn't over 3.5 hours like the one in Tokyo in December 2009.  ok

"Or maybe you have a favorite kind of food that you like to eat once a week... Why? It's the same!"  Wow, I cannot tell you how "silly" of an argument this is.  You are comparing eating, a necessity to SURVIVE with going to a concert.  Water is my favorite thing to drink... I guess it makes me a hypocrite to admit that I drink water every single day of my life.  But I guess I'd rather be a well hydrated hypocrite than dead. 

It's only silly if you don't get the point. You obviously didn't.

It's not a necessity for most of us to do something we enjoy over and over again.

I enjoy drinking coffee. I drink coffee every day if I can.
It's not a necessity. I enjoy it. I drink it. It pretty much tastes the same every time. Is that a problem? No.

Alright, I give up on this thread.  Onto the Terminal 5 show tonight.  I am apparently the only one who is hoping for GNR to switch it up tonight.  I hope they do, but if they don't I am going to post about my disappointment in the Terminal 5 thread!  nervous

That's the spirit. You get to see the best live band on the planet in a small intimate venue and you're ready to post about your disappointment.

Roll Eyes

And if they switch even one song in the set, I expect you to be nowhere to be seen... Unless you find something else to complain about... Now that would be shocking.

I'm sure if GN'R played a free show in your living room and you'd still find something to complain about.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 07:25:06 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GnRltf
Opening Act

« Reply #136 on: February 12, 2012, 07:09:48 PM »

I think you are all right!  ok

02-12-1988
07-09-1988
09-12-1988
01-31-1992
08-25-1992
01-11-2002 canceled
11-13-2006
02-10-2012
02-12-2012
02-15-2012
11-17-2012
11-18-2012
06-04-2014
06-06-2014
07-01-2016
To be cont
GnRltf
Opening Act

« Reply #137 on: February 12, 2012, 07:16:25 PM »

See you all at the show. Going with my 19 yr old daughter tonight, her first real rock concert!!!

If terminal5 is exactly as great as rose land I will be stoked!  smoking

02-12-1988
07-09-1988
09-12-1988
01-31-1992
08-25-1992
01-11-2002 canceled
11-13-2006
02-10-2012
02-12-2012
02-15-2012
11-17-2012
11-18-2012
06-04-2014
06-06-2014
07-01-2016
To be cont
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #138 on: February 12, 2012, 07:56:02 PM »

From Tommy's Twitter:

tommy_stinson Tommy Stinson
In case anybody was wondering, I had a drunkcident the other night and played "Motivation" in the wrong key.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #139 on: February 12, 2012, 08:42:24 PM »

I think we've been a tad harsh on WAR41. I too thought there were going
to be some changes figuring these were going to be warm ups for the European Tour.But I wasn't dissapointed a bit. It was a great set that fairly represented AFD,the UYI set n'Cd. It was a privilege to see GN'R in a club w/ true fans that didn't sit down when an MTV Staple wasn't being performed.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: