Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 09:12:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [SOLD OUT] 2/10 - New York City, New York @ Roseland Ballroom
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [SOLD OUT] 2/10 - New York City, New York @ Roseland Ballroom  (Read 38483 times)
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #140 on: February 12, 2012, 09:08:01 PM »

I am not pointing fingers at him in particular but it just irks me when any one person thinks a band owes them something different personally because they chose to attend multiple shows. 
ElChino
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: February 12, 2012, 09:21:43 PM »

ANY VIDEO OF STINSON DOING MOTIVATION AT ROSELAND?
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #142 on: February 12, 2012, 09:28:40 PM »

Oh and to russtcb, thanks for the clarification.  Boy do I feel foolish right now!  peace

Point being; GN'R takes a ton of shit from their "fans" who have decided ahead of time that GN'R owes them more then a GN'R show just because they bought a ticket.

Guns n Roses have been posting reviews on twitter and facebook of positive reviews from fans on ticketmaster, one fan makes an observation of a concert he paid a lot of money to go to, and he is ripped for it-if you are going to cherry pick great reviews, be able to take a lukewarm review from a paying customer also.

libertad
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #143 on: February 12, 2012, 09:37:22 PM »

I too thought there were going to be some changes figuring these were going to be warm ups for the European Tour.

What do you base that on?

Who said they are warm up shows for a tour that starts three months from now?  Huh

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #144 on: February 12, 2012, 09:44:22 PM »

Oh and to russtcb, thanks for the clarification.  Boy do I feel foolish right now!  peace

Point being; GN'R takes a ton of shit from their "fans" who have decided ahead of time that GN'R owes them more then a GN'R show just because they bought a ticket.

Guns n Roses have been posting reviews on twitter and facebook of positive reviews from fans on ticketmaster, one fan makes an observation of a concert he paid a lot of money to go to, and he is ripped for it-if you are going to cherry pick great reviews, be able to take a lukewarm review from a paying customer also.
A lukewarm review on the basis of expecting something different from another show you saw a few months earlier is not the same thing based solely on the merits of the most recent show. Seeing multiple shows by the same band within a period of a few months is the exception, not the rule.

Ali
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #145 on: February 12, 2012, 11:28:43 PM »

I too thought there were going to be some changes figuring these were going to be warm ups for the European Tour.

What do you base that on?

Who said they are warm up shows for a tour that starts three months from now?  Huh

I guess these shows should be viewed as a privlage n' not percieved to be negatively critiqued in anyway. As I said I loved the set list n' performance. Thought there would be some oddities thrown in but I in no way left unsatisfied. I also feel privlaged to have been fortunate enough to have attended the R-land SHow.Looks like 1 show 3months from now a 6 week layoff followed by a summer EUropean festival tour.

/jarmo

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #146 on: February 12, 2012, 11:30:50 PM »

Looks like 1 show 3months from now a 6 week layoff followed by a summer EUropean festival tour.

You know something the rest of us don't?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #147 on: February 13, 2012, 09:10:30 AM »

Looks like 1 show 3months from now a 6 week layoff followed by a summer EUropean festival tour.

You know something the rest of us don't...

/jarmo
Perhaps all the shows aren't in Europe, but they appear to be Festivals...And they do take place 4 to 5 months from now, not 3..So glad I caught a club show n' didn't have to settle for a festival atmosphere..
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #148 on: February 13, 2012, 09:36:20 AM »

/jarmo
Perhaps all the shows aren't in Europe, but they appear to be Festivals...And they do take place 4 to 5 months from now, not 3..So glad I caught a club show n' didn't have to settle for a festival atmosphere..

What are you talking about?

They just announced a show in Europe today! You don't think they'll try to fill in the gaps in the May to July itinerary?

Your assumption that the Dublin show is a one off before the rest of the tour weeks later, seems a bit risky considering the above fact.

/jarmo

bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #149 on: February 13, 2012, 10:30:03 AM »

/jarmo
most dates in Europe isn't festival.On the other hand me can't count dates like Sofia in Festival,there are only couple opening acts
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #150 on: February 13, 2012, 06:22:34 PM »

Just some of this review: Shocked

Make no mistake: Guns n? Roses is an arena rock band, one that seems incapable of delivering anything less than a full blast stadium performance and spectacle. So what happens when you cram all that talent and energy into a 3,000 capacity club? You get last night?s show, one that will surely go down as one of the most stunning in recent NYC history. Hit after hit was delivered not only to perfection, but with the top notch showmanship and bravado one has come to expect from Axl Rose and his band. There are only a handful of artists who can bring a show on this level, and they?re sure as hell not playing Roseland Ballroom.

If for whatever reason you have yet to see Guns n? Roses in its modern incarnation, there are two more chances to right that wrong when the band plays Terminal 5 on Sunday night, and then Webster Hall (renamed back to The Ritz for one night only) on Wednesday.

http://www.examiner.com/hard-rock-music-in-new-york/guns-n-roses-come-back-to-the-jungle-at-roseland-ballroom-review

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #151 on: February 13, 2012, 10:02:05 PM »

Great review.
NicoleMarieB25
Opening Act

I try and feel the sunshine

« Reply #152 on: February 13, 2012, 11:34:22 PM »

Sorry I did not get a chance to join in the pre-party at Gossip. Hope you all had as great a time as I did! One minor note: setlists I see have DJ's solo as Ballad of Death, but I believe it was Mi Amor at Roseland and BOD at Terminal 5.

To those of you going Wed, have a great time! I'm very jealous Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: