Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 06:22:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  RUMOR: Slash reportedly recording for Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RUMOR: Slash reportedly recording for Guns N' Roses  (Read 35366 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #120 on: March 08, 2016, 02:25:03 PM »

That's a pretty solid tracklist.

Yeah, it's not far from what I would've selected myself.

'Don't Damn Me' instead of 'Black Leather'.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2016, 02:26:26 PM »

EDIT: Obviously, this was before Chinese, so it might look slightly different today.
the problem is, the casual "fans" don't consider Chinese a proper GNR record. it will be quite interesting, if they play Chinese songs at the following tour, and how/if that casual "fans" view changes Smiley

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #122 on: March 08, 2016, 02:36:35 PM »

the problem is, the casual "fans" don't consider Chinese a proper GNR record. it will be quite interesting, if they play Chinese songs at the following tour, and how/if that casual "fans" view changes Smiley

I wonder this myself.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #123 on: March 08, 2016, 04:07:44 PM »

EDIT: Obviously, this was before Chinese, so it might look slightly different today.

Typical Fans:

Lose N' Trolls

hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #124 on: March 08, 2016, 04:34:27 PM »

I wonder this myself.

That would depend on whether slash plays the songs similar to what is on the record... or whether he plays them with his own spin on it.... and then how does that sound? It's an interesting topic of discussion to be honest.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #125 on: March 08, 2016, 04:46:32 PM »

As long as they dont use Tidal... Tongue

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #126 on: March 08, 2016, 04:53:11 PM »

Then...

DUFF & SLASH Work In Songs Of 2Halftime Chinese Democracy (Disc Of GNR),,, Rock, Industrial, Electronic, Progressive

Axl Was Always Right

smoking

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #127 on: March 08, 2016, 05:32:34 PM »

Rather than another greatest "Hits", I'd rather them release a "Best Of", with lesser known tunes that weren't released as singles (Coma, Breakdown, TWAT, etc. -- whatever THE BAND considers their "best" or favorite). Of course, with a new song or 2. And even though I'd have all the songs already (except "Oh My God"--it's not on iTunes. How can I get it?) I would probably (have to) buy it because the new songs will surely not be available for stand alone purchase, but only with purchase of full album. I would GLADLY support that, to get new music. This concert can't get here soon enough. This band has never done it the easy or "normal" way; I fuckin' love it!!!

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
siraddam
Headliner

« Reply #128 on: March 08, 2016, 06:13:30 PM »

There are quite a few unfinished GnR songs throughout their history that would be great to hear finished off, and polished up for an album.
Maybe with one or two new tunes thrown in as well.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #129 on: March 09, 2016, 07:58:40 AM »

I'm telling you a Definitive Best Of compilation would sell man.

With this buzz, make a nice thick booklet with lyrics and band thoughts. I know it would sell over 1 million easy. I think 2 new songs woulc propel it too. Like I said recently a weak live album and a GH album doesn't really do justice.

Casual or non fans would pick up a Best Of

I personally would call it "Ultimate Guns N' Roses: 1987-2008" or something. Personally like DX said, I'd include Better and Chinese as songs on it from CD. Maybe Madagascar and This I love too.

Or they could just go the 87-91 route and keep it old school since Duff and Slash are back. It all depends. Almost everyone knows the hits... but casual or non fans don't know "Don't Damn Me", "Move to the City" and songs like "Rocket Queen". You'd be surprised. I really really think they should just milk this. Release a more in depth Live album and new best of with 2 new songs.

Id go through the fucking roof.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #130 on: March 09, 2016, 08:04:39 AM »

There are quite a few unfinished GnR songs throughout their history that would be great to hear finished off, and polished up for an album.
Maybe with one or two new tunes thrown in as well.

I would love a new version of Shadow of Your Love and to hear it live.
Ringoturtle
Headliner

« Reply #131 on: March 09, 2016, 08:08:44 AM »

don't know about that. Slash can't put too much spin on Rhiad, Scraped or Shackler's (I don't think these will be played anyway). Slash would probably put his own solo on top of it and people will go "wow". especially on songs like streets of dreams, TIL or TWAT he could shine because they lend themself to make a great solo.

All my statements represent MY OPINION. If not, I'll say so by posting references or the like
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #132 on: March 09, 2016, 02:41:53 PM »

I think if people hear a CD song and just "think" it's a new song, they will think it's awesome. Only to feel stupid when they find out it's actually from that GnR album that everybody said sucks (but that they never actually bothered to listen to)

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #133 on: March 09, 2016, 03:30:40 PM »

I think if people hear a CD song and just "think" it's a new song, they will think it's awesome. Only to feel stupid when they find out it's actually from that GnR album that everybody said sucks (but that they never actually bothered to listen to)

Yes And Whit SLASH Play:

BETTER, CHINESE DEMOCRACY, I.R.S., PROSTITUTE, MADAGASCAR, T.W.A.T., SHACKLER'S REVENGE, THIS I LOVE

Casual Fan ''OHHHHH, Excelent New Music From GNR, Amazing, Kick Ass, Are Back, blah, blah, blah ''

rofl

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #134 on: March 09, 2016, 03:31:05 PM »

yes, this is actually very possible!

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #135 on: March 09, 2016, 03:39:11 PM »

Hahaha.  Could well be some of that.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #136 on: March 09, 2016, 04:14:27 PM »

yes, this is actually very possible!

Oh the one that took 10+ years to complete? And the one that isn't out (CDII)?

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #137 on: March 09, 2016, 05:18:33 PM »

The only reason the "casual fan" didn't consider it a GNR record was because certain members weren't there.  With those members in the mix again, these "casual fans" will be more open to it, and probably like some of the songs.  Shallow people...   

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #138 on: March 09, 2016, 06:06:39 PM »

Slash and Duff are superstars...I can understand if GNR skip CD era songs since they did not play on them...Just like Sammy Hagar being reluctant to play DLR VH songs, Aerosmith skipping Night in the Ruts/Rock in a Hard Place material, Motley Crue not playing songs from New Tatto/self titled John Corabi album, Sabbath skipping Dio era tunes, etc....Would Skid Row play Johnny Solinger songs, yes there have been good ones, if Baz returned?
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #139 on: March 09, 2016, 07:26:42 PM »

The only reason the "casual fan" didn't consider it a GNR record was because certain members weren't there.  With those members in the mix again, these "casual fans" will be more open to it, and probably like some of the songs.  Shallow people...   
Very apt description  ok

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: