Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 10:04:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  RUMOR: Slash reportedly recording for Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RUMOR: Slash reportedly recording for Guns N' Roses  (Read 35360 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2016, 06:01:42 PM »

F&CKING BRING IT! ok

Bring what?  As Princess Leia pointed out, this Classic Rock article is copied from another story with quotes by people who supposedly haven't been involved with Slash's career since 2005.

Sorry but isn't this article already posted? Things that Arlett and Niven said we read it in another threat

It's from the "The Real Story Behind Their Return" article.

That's what I thought. So this article it's just a copy/paste. The news about Slash recording can be found in The Real Story article then

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2016, 06:55:55 PM »

"Meanwhile, Vereecke hints the band will play tracks from 2008's Chinese Democracy along with late-80s and early-90s material when their planned reunion gets underway in April with two Las Vegas shows."

Uhm... What other material would there be to play? What am I missing here? hihi

I think it has more to do with the inclusion of CD tracks than anything else... people have wondered what if any songs from CD Slash would play.
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2016, 06:58:23 PM »

I am sure Vicky Hamilton will have some insider information as well she always seems to get involved in GNR rumor mills.
Annie
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2016, 07:24:08 PM »

I am sure Vicky Hamilton will have some insider information as well she always seems to get involved in GNR rumor mills.
You are probably correct that she will spout some half assed information.
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2016, 07:36:30 PM »

It's funny how the same people you always seem to hear from when it comes to gnr arlette, vicky, eddie trunk, alan niven, im sure  Robert John will be interviewed as well.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2016, 07:40:14 PM »

It's funny how the same people you always seem to hear from when it comes to gnr arlette, vicky, eddie trunk, alan niven, im sure  Robert John will be interviewed as well.

Besides the band members and camp itself, who else do we have?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2016, 09:39:13 PM »

Why do you want to hear made up rumors from people who have had less direct contact with the band over the past 11 or more years than any random fan who attended a GNR show?

The rumor is that CD and Maddy are being rehearsed.  Any one of us who is guessing that CD songs will be played because Dizzy, Chris, Richard and Frank are part of GNR2016 would guess the same songs.

Do you think that Axl has these guys there just to fuck them over?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2016, 09:46:08 PM »

Question is, is it entirely new recordings, or Slash laying down guitar over some unreleased Chi Dem era tracks? I'd be just as happy with either, really.

Same here.  I'm in total "take what I can get" mode with this band anymore.

Whatever it winds up being, bring it on.  It's all new to me.

Why?

there is actually reason to believe and hope for the best these days!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if CD 2 is anything like CD 1... Then I'm probably not going to like it. If Slash is working on something that they had left over from the 87-93 era.... That would get me very interested...

If it's new.... Then wow... Just wow.

Whatever you prefer.... Hope for that! There's no right or wrong but if ever there is a time for hope of anything... Your best chance is now! Wink

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2016, 09:53:04 PM »

Why do you want to hear made up rumors from people who have had less direct contact with the band over the past 11 or more years than any random fan who attended a GNR show?

I never said that.

The question was why is it always the same people interviewed in the media. I answered that.

I didn't say that I thought these people coming up in every article is something I want. I would definitely rather hear from band members or the management themselves.

Sweetness is a virtue
ericy210
Headliner

What's up..... homefuck!

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2016, 10:18:26 PM »

One day at a time here.
The good news seems to be that he's comfortable and enjoying himself.  That could lead to good things.

Iowa City 1993, Leeds 2002, Quad Cities 2002, Chicago 2002, NYC 2006, Lisbon 2006, London 2006, Donnington 2006, Wembley 2006, Chicago 2006, Toronto 2010, Chicago 2011, Chicago 2012, Chicago 2016 x 2
overmatik
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2016, 12:45:16 AM »

You know what would be tremendous? If Slash had a bunch of killer riffs put aside, knowing that eventually he would record with Axl again. It would mean a monster of an album would be in the works right now. Just imagine a riff better than Fall to Pieces and Anastasia?  drool
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2016, 05:04:41 AM »

Just imagine a riff better than Fall to Pieces and Anastasia?  drool

Ehm...i can easily imagine a better riff...  ok

Anyway, i don't care about all the rumors. I said sometimes ago that i would have loved to see axl & slash shaking hands once again...this is really more than I could expect from them  peace..

Maybe an informal picture of the holy trinity instead of a both sad-exciting spot for the upcoming shows would be appreciate peace
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 05:15:35 AM by ITARocker » Logged
Continental_Drift
Headliner

MaoAxl (98-12)

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2016, 08:40:05 AM »

Back to "spitballing"- but maybe some "bonus" tracks (thinking older vintage like "Shadow Of Your Love"- but who knows?) to be added on to a proper 2 disc Best Of collection?

#GnFnR
Annie
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2016, 08:45:35 AM »

I never said that.

The question was why is it always the same people interviewed in the media. I answered that.

I didn't say that I thought these people coming up in every article is something I want. I would definitely rather hear from band members or the management themselves.
The same out of loop people keep answering questions in the media because they are leeches who will not let go. They all need to soaked in bleach. hihi
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2016, 08:55:27 AM »

Back to "spitballing"- but maybe some "bonus" tracks (thinking older vintage like "Shadow Of Your Love"- but who knows?) to be added on to a proper 2 disc Best Of collection?

If the reports are true (Slash recording), I think there's brand new stuff written.

The guys in the band have probably known this regrouping would happen for some time, at least longer than since the official announcement.

If Slash and Axl reconnected say a year ago, stuff could have been written in the past year. If they plan on releasing something before or during the tour, the stuff most likely would have been written before they entered the studio and Axl would've had a proper amount of time to write lyrics as well.

A "Best Of" collection does make sense for this tour, all the time there hasn't been talk of a new album soon.

But if an album is in their plans, a single or EP would make more sense now in the beginning of the tour.

Sweetness is a virtue
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2016, 09:32:54 AM »

The same news (rumor) was also here in a local newspaper (Belgium, "Nieuwsblad").
If this is true, this is fantastic news for us Guns fans. The only thing that bothers me is, that they seem to be in the recording studio but Axl isn't joining...same for the rehearsals I thought.
I don't get it why Axl is not showing up for rehearsals or potential new recordings. Is being there not an added value?
Was this the same for the AFD & UYI recordings? (I know he often skipped rehearsals for the UYI tour, which I also couldn't understand...)

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2016, 10:20:27 AM »

We don?t know what?s really going on at the rehearsals. As far as I know, these are all just rumours. Nobody except the band members is admitted there, isn?t that right?

Hell has frozen over.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2016, 10:23:24 AM »

We don?t know what?s really going on at the rehearsals. As far as I know, these are all just rumours. Nobody except the band members is admitted there, isn?t that right?

And whoever they invite I suppose.

Representatives from Rotosound stopped by the rehearsal studio to meet Duff.

Sweetness is a virtue
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2016, 10:30:20 AM »

The rumor is that CD and Maddy are being rehearsed.  Any one of us who is guessing that CD songs will be played because Dizzy, Chris, Richard and Frank are part of GNR2016 would guess the same songs.

Exactly, that's not even a legit rumour. It's just like saying it probably gets cold in the winter.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2016, 10:37:29 AM »

Exactly, that's not even a legit rumour. It's just like saying it probably gets cold in the winter.

We have to wait and see I guess.

Fans predicting setlists haven't guessed the same songs though. It's all over the place.

Had we all been in agreement that CD and Madagascar would be the songs from Chinese to be played I would agree ? swooping in after that, saying the exact same thing in an interview wouldn't mean a thing.

But learning about this woman's past doesn't make me trust her more, I'll say that.

Sweetness is a virtue
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: