Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 07:14:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227869 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  RUMOR: Slash reportedly recording for Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RUMOR: Slash reportedly recording for Guns N' Roses  (Read 35358 times)
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #140 on: March 09, 2016, 08:41:02 PM »

Slash and Duff are superstars...I can understand if GNR skip CD era songs since they did not play on them...Just like Sammy Hagar being reluctant to play DLR VH songs

Reverse your VH example, Sammy sang everything, it's Dave that won't perform Sammy Era material... But I agree with your overall point. I would't expect more than a song or two to be played by this line up (not withstanding a reworked version of a song we haven't heard yet that still may carry some songwriting credit from a long lost CD era member).
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: March 09, 2016, 09:35:34 PM »

Slash and Duff are superstars...I can understand if GNR skip CD era songs since they did not play on them...Just like Sammy Hagar being reluctant to play DLR VH songs

Reverse your VH example, Sammy sang everything, it's Dave that won't perform Sammy Era material... But I agree with your overall point. I would't expect more than a song or two to be played by this line up (not withstanding a reworked version of a song we haven't heard yet that still may carry some songwriting credit from a long lost CD era member).

I think I said Sammy was reluctant to play DLR era songs..Always did as few as possible even during the 5150 tour...DLR doesn't sing Sammy era songs because it's a different style of singing...Back to GNR...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #142 on: March 10, 2016, 08:18:17 AM »

After all these years you guys still think GNR follows any pattern?

I trully believe they will play CD songs, even if it's just one or two. I can't understand why is this still being discussed.

Ringoturtle
Headliner

« Reply #143 on: March 10, 2016, 10:45:53 AM »

I think if people hear a CD song and just "think" it's a new song, they will think it's awesome. Only to feel stupid when they find out it's actually from that GnR album that everybody said sucks (but that they never actually bothered to listen to)

Yes And Whit SLASH Play:

BETTER, CHINESE DEMOCRACY, I.R.S., PROSTITUTE, MADAGASCAR, T.W.A.T., SHACKLER'S REVENGE, THIS I LOVE

Casual Fan ''OHHHHH, Excelent New Music From GNR, Amazing, Kick Ass, Are Back, blah, blah, blah ''

rofl

haha, yeah. I think that goes vice versa. put Axl on a lot of Slashsongs and a lot of folks would love them even though they gave Slash hell after he left GNR. if GNR  released new music, people would be amazed by Slashs riffs and solos again. like that "Axl gets the best out of him" bullshit.

ok rofl smoking hihi

All my statements represent MY OPINION. If not, I'll say so by posting references or the like
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #144 on: March 10, 2016, 11:41:09 AM »

I think if people hear a CD song and just "think" it's a new song, they will think it's awesome. Only to feel stupid when they find out it's actually from that GnR album that everybody said sucks (but that they never actually bothered to listen to)

Yes And Whit SLASH Play:

BETTER, CHINESE DEMOCRACY, I.R.S., PROSTITUTE, MADAGASCAR, T.W.A.T., SHACKLER'S REVENGE, THIS I LOVE

Casual Fan ''OHHHHH, Excelent New Music From GNR, Amazing, Kick Ass, Are Back, blah, blah, blah ''

rofl

haha, yeah. I think that goes vice versa. put Axl on a lot of Slashsongs and a lot of folks would love them even though they gave Slash hell after he left GNR. if GNR  released new music, people would be amazed by Slashs riffs and solos again. like that "Axl gets the best out of him" bullshit.

ok rofl smoking hihi

The Best For All

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #145 on: March 10, 2016, 12:18:12 PM »

Yes And Whit SLASH Play:

rofl

ok rofl smoking hihi

I'm one of these people.  I wouldn't say I gave him "hell", but yeah, I'm not the biggest fan.  Still not.  I felt Slash back stabbed Axl on many occasions before Axl even touched the subject.  Slash aired dirty laundry that should have been left within the band.  Not to mention that I respect Axl a hell of a lot more for decisions that he has or has not made.  I think Slash is a media whore who would jump at any opportunity to stay in the spotlight.  Slash can do whatever he chooses, good for him....but I'm just saying I have a little more respect for Axl. 

And to your point, yeah, I probably would love some of Slash's songs with Axl on them.  BECAUSE it's Axls voice.  I believe there are hundreds of guitar players out there who could do pretty much the same thing (other than originality).  When it comes to a voice, not so much.  For example...when people cover a Guns N Roses song...the music itself sounds pretty similar.  But I have yet to hear anyone sing like Axl.  And this could be said for lots of singers...a voice is more unique. 

I see people's messages on here about how those Slash "haters" are all back on board now just because Axl and Slash are back together.  For the record...not me.  I feel the same way about Slash now as I did 10 years ago.  I don't "hate" him...but I feel the same as I explained above.  I'm excited for the upcoming shows (because of the attention it's getting), and will see GNR when I can for the atmosphere....but I'm not one of those fans your talking about who is sucking his dick now that he's back in the band.   
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 12:21:04 PM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #146 on: March 10, 2016, 12:40:38 PM »

It's a 2 way street... a lot of the songs Axl did after Slash (all 15 of them) lol ... they were good, but some of them lacked that Slash edge.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #147 on: March 10, 2016, 03:25:46 PM »

I see people's messages on here about how those Slash "haters" are all back on board now just because Axl and Slash are back together.  For the record...not me.  I feel the same way about Slash now as I did 10 years ago.  I don't "hate" him...but I feel the same as I explained above.  I'm excited for the upcoming shows (because of the attention it's getting), and will see GNR when I can for the atmosphere....but I'm not one of those fans your talking about who is sucking his dick now that he's back in the band.   

This surprises me, I have to be honest.

Since I never saw one shred of this Slash hate until things went south with he and Axl, I 100% assumed it was just Axl diehards taking up his cause.  They tend to take up his causes as their own.  They hate what he hates, like what he likes.  For years I heard how Izzy and Duff could also go get fucked.  Until the second Axl patched it up with them, and then you never heard that talk anymore.

So once Axl and Slash patched it up, I assumed the Axl diehards would fall similarly back into line.  I mean...if the man himself is now OK with it, why are you still carrying the torch?

I'm not calling you (or anyone) a liar on this, mind you.  I'm just surprised, is all.  I had the way wrong read.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #148 on: March 10, 2016, 03:43:36 PM »

Was just thinking how much it would, quite literally, blow everyone's minds to pieces if they busted out 1 or 2 new songs in Vegas, leading to the new album announcement.  Would certainly explain the radio silence over the past few months from the big 3.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #149 on: March 10, 2016, 04:06:22 PM »

Anything that happens with Guns N Roses after this tour is all gravy to me...

I never thought I'd ever get to see these two on stage together... so anything else... is just extra...

I'm done arguing about what GNR is . Should Buckethead's parts be on the next album (he only quit 15 fucking years ago). Who should be the drummer... etc etc etc

I love the GNR catalogue... everything else is irrelevant. This is the only band I follow and always will be.

27 days !!!!!!!

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #150 on: March 10, 2016, 04:08:21 PM »

27?  Wink

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #151 on: March 10, 2016, 04:09:32 PM »

27?  Wink

Ha... 27 days till I land In Vegas...

but you get the point.  Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #152 on: March 10, 2016, 04:37:40 PM »

Haha, yeah I got it.

There was a chance you were attending a private unannounced show though....

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #153 on: March 10, 2016, 04:47:16 PM »

I am itching to go now......may have some coin soon to make a quick strike and could use a vacation! beer

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #154 on: March 10, 2016, 04:58:16 PM »

This surprises me, I have to be honest.

Since I never saw one shred of this Slash hate until things went south with he and Axl, I 100% assumed it was just Axl diehards taking up his cause.  They tend to take up his causes as their own.  They hate what he hates, like what he likes.  For years I heard how Izzy and Duff could also go get fucked.  Until the second Axl patched it up with them, and then you never heard that talk anymore.

So once Axl and Slash patched it up, I assumed the Axl diehards would fall similarly back into line.  I mean...if the man himself is now OK with it, why are you still carrying the torch?

I'm not calling you (or anyone) a liar on this, mind you.  I'm just surprised, is all.  I had the way wrong read.

I'm not saying there aren't people like this...because there is....but not me.  However, maybe you never saw hate towards Slash until he was out...because that's when we started to see some of the things I alluded to earlier?  How could Slash back stab Axl unless he was out of the band?  Why and how could Slash take every opportunity to be in the spotlight and stay relevant while he was IN Guns?  Yeah, I'm sure some people noticed things while he was in the band...but I'm pretty sure most couldn't really happen until he was out. 

Also, I wasn't on this board when Slash was in the band.     

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #155 on: March 10, 2016, 05:26:28 PM »

I will tell you one thing. If you watch those old videos, Slash liked to get to the microphone and let himself be heard...no doubt. Most bands have one mouthpiece. EVH rarely spoke on stage back in the day. You can see a power struggle coming on between Axl and Slash in the old videos from 87-88...shit happens eventually with 2 alpha males.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Ringoturtle
Headliner

« Reply #156 on: March 11, 2016, 06:34:35 AM »

I will tell you one thing. If you watch those old videos, Slash liked to get to the microphone and let himself be heard...no doubt. Most bands have one mouthpiece. EVH rarely spoke on stage back in the day. You can see a power struggle coming on between Axl and Slash in the old videos from 87-88...shit happens eventually with 2 alpha males.

Axl never was too much into interviews etc. I think for Slash it's part of the business. If you put effort into a record, you promote it. simple as that. Slash and Duff always did that. And he sure had to do so when he was going solo because his solostuff isn't a fast-selling item as something released under the GNR banner.

All my statements represent MY OPINION. If not, I'll say so by posting references or the like
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: