Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 08:11:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  RUMOR: Buckethead/Gnr to perform at Vma's...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RUMOR: Buckethead/Gnr to perform at Vma's...  (Read 42105 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2006, 02:01:00 AM »

Why would someone who is a long-standing member on a NON-GN'R site whose family works for the VMAs/MTV go on a forum and tell a lie?

1) He has a reputation on the site
2) He has no reason to lie
3) He isn't a GN'R fan
4) If he lied he'd lose all respect

how do you knwo that person really has connections to mtv.

i could go to any site and claim i have connections to mtv and somehow mention gnr ro something. Im not saying they are lieing but it shouldnt be treated as gospel either.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2006, 02:01:03 AM »

If Axl wants to reintroduce the current lineup to millions of people, then having a guy who isn't even in the band perform live on television is pointless.

Buckethead was already introduced to millions of American viewers. Their performance was the highest-rated in VMA history. That means it was watched by more people than any other VMA event - ever.

That means all the people who saw that show are going to say, "Where's that bucket guy? Wasn't there some new, weird guitarist in the band? What happened to him?"

Like it or not BH brought a lot of attention to the band in 2002 in terms of controversy - people loved him or hated him and a lot of people made fun of him, but it caused discussion.

Ron is bland. That's why I think he's poor for the band. He doesn't stick out at all.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2006, 02:01:44 AM »

btw some1 please explain this cancelled bheadtour date if its not even listed on his site

I don't think it was ever rescheduled. If you look at his tour dates, they are pretty sequential and have a frequency of one show every one to two days.

His first show of the coming tour is Sept 13, followed by Sept 14, 15, 16, 17, 19..... There was no reason for Bucket to begin a tour in August then wait two weeks for the next date.

Translation: there was no rescheduling.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2006, 02:02:17 AM »

Why would someone who is a long-standing member on a NON-GN'R site whose family works for the VMAs/MTV go on a forum and tell a lie?

3) He isn't a GN'R fan

i could go to any site and claim i have connections to mtv and somehow mention gnr ro something. Im not saying they are lieing but it shouldnt be treated as gospel either.

From his post it seems he has a reputation already on that site and people "know" already that he's connected with the VMAs. Notice how no one questioned his post. If he was some "nobody" who hadn't already proven himself in the past people would have told him to fuck off. It seems, judging from the responses, that he's got cred on the forum.
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2006, 02:03:27 AM »

btw some1 please explain this cancelled bheadtour date if its not even listed on his site

I don't think it was ever rescheduled. If you look at his tour dates, they are pretty sequential and have a frequency of one show every one to two days.

His first show of the coming tour is Sept 13, followed by Sept 14, 15, 16, 17, 19..... There was no reason for Bucket to begin a tour in August then wait two weeks for the next date.

Translation: there was no rescheduling.

Yep, which means the person earlier who said he had a gig this Thursday was lying all along.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2006, 02:03:38 AM »

For the people saying its dumb to have BH play, first off its just for one show, and 2nd who is to say Ron wont be playing too? Also, if this rumor was bullshit, why would this person claim BH is playing, that would just make the rumor harder to believe. Also we all thought it was BS in 2002 before the VMAs and they played. I am not saying I believe this, but its possible. Anything is with Axl since he has always had an open slot for him at the VMAs when ever he wants.

that would be cool to see bucket just guest appear as like an extra guitarist doing a special gig. kinda like what izzy did in a way...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2006, 02:04:14 AM »

Yep, which means the person earlier who said he had a gig this Thursday was lying all along.
who said that? and how does it translate to hes playing with gnr

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2006, 02:05:09 AM »

who said that? and how does it translate to hes playing with gnr

Someone earlier in this thread said the guy on the other forum was lying because Bucket had a gig somewhere else on Thursday. This was his "proof" that BH wouldn't be able to play with GN'R. However, if BH DOESN'T have a gig that night, then that means the person who said this was lying.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2006, 02:05:31 AM »

If Axl wants to reintroduce the current lineup to millions of people, then having a guy who isn't even in the band perform live on television is pointless.

Buckethead was already introduced to millions of American viewers. Their performance was the highest-rated in VMA history. That means it was watched by more people than any other VMA event - ever.

The performance was a surprise - you're implying that people tuned into the final ten minutes of the live show with the sole purpose of watching Guns N' Roses?

Not possible - sorry.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2006, 02:05:49 AM »

I really DO hope there is a performance at the VMAs this year simply because I hope it will overshadow what we heard in 2002 when Axl wasn't on top of his game as he is now, even if he does have 45 guitar players backing him. peace

But I still want to know if you all think they will play with Dizzy not there simply because he does have another gig scheduled that same day in MA-
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2006, 02:06:40 AM »

Someone earlier in this thread said the guy on the other forum was lying because Bucket had a gig somewhere else on Thursday. This was his "proof" that BH wouldn't be able to play with GN'R. However, if BH DOESN'T have a gig that night, then that means the person who said this was lying.
fine, but this doesnt add to the theory that Bucket is playing with them Thurs.

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2006, 02:07:14 AM »

I really DO hope there is a performance at the VMAs this year simply because I hope it will overshadow what we heard in 2002 when Axl wasn't on top of his game as he is now, even if he does have 45 guitar players backing him. peace

But I still want to know if you all think they will play with Dizzy not there simply because he does have another gig scheduled that same day in MA-

I say they wont play if everyone in the band isnt there.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2006, 02:07:43 AM »

The performance was a surprise - you're implying that people tuned into the final ten minutes of the live show with the sole purpose of watching Guns N' Roses?

Not possible - sorry.

I don't think the performance was really a surprise. ?I remember hearing it was going to happen because I was watching and I never watch MTV-
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #93 on: August 29, 2006, 02:07:57 AM »

Not possible - sorry.

Ha, let me guess, you weren't watching that night, were you?

It was a "fake" surprise. They made sure everyone knew. They dropped hints throughout the show. Jimmy Fallon wore GN'R shirts at every commercial break. Whistled the intro to Patience. They played Sweet Child at one point. Then he said "don't go away, we've got a BIG SURPRISE next! Call all your friends and tell them to watch!" etc.

Then when they cut back he was wearing a GN'R shirt and said to put the tapes in the VCR etc. By this time everyone knew what was happening.

Yes, MTV acknowledged that the performance itself - NOT the VMAs show, but the GN'R performance itself - was the highest rated in history. People didn't randomly all turn on their televisions right at that moment.

Also, Pink let it slip in an interview before the gig that BH was back stage and rumors were already on the Internet days before the show claiming that BH would be there with Axl. Word had already gotten around that GN'R were going to play - it wasn't much of a secret.

I didn't know anything about the band back then and even I heard about it.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 02:09:30 AM by RussianRoulette » Logged
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #94 on: August 29, 2006, 02:08:20 AM »

I hope he plays, that will make it worth watching the three hours of shit music just to see Axl!!!!!
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: August 29, 2006, 02:08:42 AM »

3) He isn't a GN'R fan

From his post it seems he has a reputation already on that site and people "know" already that he's connected with the VMAs. Notice how no one questioned his post. If he was some "nobody" who hadn't already proven himself in the past people would have told him to fuck off. It seems, judging from the responses, that he's got cred on the forum.

That forum's full of half-wits - I don't think they should be the ones to judge credibility.

Hell, the whole point of that FaceTheJury site is to judge photos and rate how hot people are.

That takes alot of intelligence.

Roll Eyes
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2006, 02:09:05 AM »

Not possible - sorry.

I don't think the performance was really a surprise.  I remember hearing it was going to happen because I was watching and I never watch MTV-

I wasnt a member of the boards back then, so it was a surprise to me. A pretty awesome one too, even though it wasnt Axl's best performance. I remember I almost had tears in my eyes, I couldnt believe it was happening.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #97 on: August 29, 2006, 02:09:42 AM »

I would like to think not because Dizzy really is the longest member of this band besides Axl at this point and I wouldn't think it would be right to play minus an important band member although the publicity would be astronomical-
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #98 on: August 29, 2006, 02:10:04 AM »

3) He isn't a GN'R fan

That forum's full of half-wits - I don't think they should be the ones to judge credibility.

Hell, the whole point of that FaceTheJury site is to judge photos and rate how hot people are.

That takes alot of intelligence.

Roll Eyes

"Alot" of intelligence, eh?  Roll Eyes
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #99 on: August 29, 2006, 02:11:16 AM »

I would like to think not because Dizzy really is the longest member of this band besides Axl at this point and I wouldn't think it would be right to play minus an important band member although the publicity would be astronomical-

agreed. Also I dont think they should play if they are gonna do a stupid medley or play an old song. Its gotta be a new song, the single. It would be pointless to play anything else.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: