Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 07:29:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  RUMOR: Buckethead/Gnr to perform at Vma's...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RUMOR: Buckethead/Gnr to perform at Vma's...  (Read 42105 times)
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #100 on: August 29, 2006, 02:11:53 AM »

I think Axl is poised to reclaim his throne as the best rock n roll front man, I think he would feel a lot more comfortable playing a new song if one of the guys who helped create was there with him on stage, if it was a "one off" then Axl would at least be letting Buckethead have one more shining moment with the band before the cd drops... Buckethead deserves the oppurtunity.. I hope he was offered and I hope he did accept.

Whatever the case, I'll be tuned in Thursday. beer
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: August 29, 2006, 02:12:33 AM »

If Axl wants to reintroduce the current lineup to millions of people, then having a guy who isn't even in the band perform live on television is pointless.

Buckethead was already introduced to millions of American viewers. Their performance was the highest-rated in VMA history. That means it was watched by more people than any other VMA event - ever.

The performance was a surprise - you're implying that people tuned into the final ten minutes of the live show with the sole purpose of watching Guns N' Roses?

Not possible - sorry.

Ha, let me guess, you weren't watching that night, were you?

It was a "fake" surprise. They made sure everyone knew. They dropped hints throughout the show. Jimmy Fallon wore GN'R shirts at every commercial break. Whistled the intro to Patience. They played Sweet Child at one point. Then he said "don't go away, we've got a BIG SURPRISE next! Call all your friends and tell them to watch!" etc.

Then when they cut back he was wearing a GN'R shirt and said to put the tapes in the VCR etc. By this time everyone knew what was happening.

Yes, MTV acknowledged that the performance itself - NOT the VMAs show, but the GN'R performance itself - was the highest rated in history. People didn't randomly all turn on their televisions right at that moment.

Also, Pink let it slip in an interview before the gig that BH was back stage and rumors were already on the Internet days before the show claiming that BH would be there with Axl. Word had already gotten around that GN'R were going to play - it wasn't much of a secret.

I didn't know anything about the band back then and even I heard about it.

So assuming that the reason the GNR performance was the highest-rated ever was because GNR fans tuned in, wouldn't you agree that the performance left a less than stellar impression among non-fans?

I remember people telling me the next day that Axl Rose was fat and couldn't sing anymore. And that a guy with a chicken bucket on his head replaced Slash.

Getting rid of that image is the best thing for the band, and they've already succeeded. Bringing back Buckethead is a step backwards.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #102 on: August 29, 2006, 02:12:43 AM »

I would like to think not because Dizzy really is the longest member of this band besides Axl at this point and I wouldn't think it would be right to play minus an important band member although the publicity would be astronomical-
relax...if gnr play all the members will be there

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #103 on: August 29, 2006, 02:12:52 AM »

Why would someone who is a long-standing member on a NON-GN'R site whose family works for the VMAs/MTV go on a forum and tell a lie?

1) He has a reputation on the site
2) He has no reason to lie
3) He isn't a GN'R fan
4) If he lied he'd lose all respect

how do you knwo that person really has connections to mtv.

i could go to any site and claim i have connections to mtv and somehow mention gnr ro something. Im not saying they are lieing but it shouldnt be treated as gospel either.

From his post it seems he has a reputation already on that site and people "know" already that he's connected with the VMAs. Notice how no one questioned his post. If he was some "nobody" who hadn't already proven himself in the past people would have told him to fuck off. It seems, judging from the responses, that he's got cred on the forum.

That forum's full of half-wits - I don't think they should be the ones to judge credibility.

Hell, the whole point of that FaceTheJury site is to judge photos and rate how hot people are.

That takes alot of intelligence.

Roll Eyes

The forums are different, no one goes there to date dude, the forums are fun.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #104 on: August 29, 2006, 02:13:19 AM »

I hate to be the voice of reason here, but Axl is scheduled to appear....meaning he will present an award.

I fear that Justin will close to show with that horrible Sexy Back song.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #105 on: August 29, 2006, 02:13:34 AM »

I really DO hope there is a performance at the VMAs this year simply because I hope it will overshadow what we heard in 2002 when Axl wasn't on top of his game as he is now, even if he does have 45 guitar players backing him. peace

But I still want to know if you all think they will play with Dizzy not there simply because he does have another gig scheduled that same day in MA-

I say they wont play if everyone in the band isnt there.

I would like to think not because Dizzy really is the longest member of this band besides Axl at this point and I wouldn't think it would be right to play minus an important band member although the publicity would be astronomical-

agreed. Also I dont think they should play if they are gonna do a stupid medley or play an old song. Its gotta be a new song, the single. It would be pointless to play anything else.

Yes, if they play, it will be a new song. And that's probably a good reason why they'll have Bucket there - since he worked on the new songs and helped develop them.

Did you know Ron has not heard Chinese Democracy yet?

All I know is that I was told they're playing. I like to think, however, that they'll do a new song and end with a release date. It's the perfect opportunity for free publicity. And it fits because we have been told the album will be out in fall, and that time is drawing nearer. Plus, Mysteron said the rumor that the album hadn't been given a release date yet was "fake."
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #106 on: August 29, 2006, 02:13:57 AM »

Also I dont think they should play if they are gonna do a stupid medley or play an old song. Its gotta be a new song, the single. It would be pointless to play anything else.

Amen. Especially no PC or WTTJ.. A whole new song would be awesome, something we haven't heard at all.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: August 29, 2006, 02:14:06 AM »

Why would someone who is a long-standing member on a NON-GN'R site whose family works for the VMAs/MTV go on a forum and tell a lie?

3) He isn't a GN'R fan

i could go to any site and claim i have connections to mtv and somehow mention gnr ro something. Im not saying they are lieing but it shouldnt be treated as gospel either.

From his post it seems he has a reputation already on that site and people "know" already that he's connected with the VMAs. Notice how no one questioned his post. If he was some "nobody" who hadn't already proven himself in the past people would have told him to fuck off. It seems, judging from the responses, that he's got cred on the forum.

That forum's full of half-wits - I don't think they should be the ones to judge credibility.

Hell, the whole point of that FaceTheJury site is to judge photos and rate how hot people are.

Roll Eyes

"Alot" of intelligence, eh?? Roll Eyes

OH MY GOD TYPING ERROR ON THE INTERNET

I MUST BE RETARDED - THERE GOES MY CREDIBILITY!

Roll Eyes
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #108 on: August 29, 2006, 02:14:38 AM »

No offense to the believers of this rumor, but I think its really a long shot.

Why would Axl bring back Buckethead just for VMA's? Bumblefoot has already said "see ya in Cali" to me a bunch of times concerning Inland Invasion.. so why would they bring Bucket back just to play one show?

Seems stupid to me.

Like I said earlier.. BS.

But who knows?

gnrevolution.com
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #109 on: August 29, 2006, 02:14:56 AM »

Also I dont think they should play if they are gonna do a stupid medley or play an old song. Its gotta be a new song, the single. It would be pointless to play anything else.

Amen. Especially no PC or WTTJ.. A whole new song would be awesome, something we haven't heard at all.

Even more reason Buckethead should play, he helped write whatever song most likely.
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #110 on: August 29, 2006, 02:15:05 AM »

3) He isn't a GN'R fan

Roll Eyes

"Alot" of intelligence, eh?  Roll Eyes

Roll Eyes

When you are deriding the credibility of others due to their lack of intelligence, and make a spelling mistake yourself, yes.
fishyguy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: August 29, 2006, 02:15:13 AM »

Well it could be a special one off thing with BH.

It could be that they start of with an old song with the current line up and then when they do a song of CD, BH makes a cameo appearance and then he leaves and they finish with an old song.

I dont think that Ron has been let go yet because it says on his website that he's playing US dates with GNR starting Sept.

Who knows maybe Ron won't be there and it'll be BH all the way.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #112 on: August 29, 2006, 02:15:18 AM »

I say they just do Better. Make it the single. Fan or no fan of GN'R, everyone I've played it for likes that song. Its catchy.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #113 on: August 29, 2006, 02:15:57 AM »

No offense to the believers of this rumor, but I think its really a long shot.

Why would Axl bring back Buckethead just for VMA's? Bumblefoot has already said "see ya in Cali" to me a bunch of times concerning Inland Invasion.. so why would they bring Bucket back just to play one show?

Seems stupid to me.

Like I said earlier.. BS.

But who knows?

I know, why can't we just get press statements and such... lol, fuck.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #114 on: August 29, 2006, 02:16:20 AM »

3) He isn't a GN'R fan

Roll Eyes

"Alot" of intelligence, eh?? Roll Eyes

Roll Eyes

When you are deriding the credibility of others due to their lack of intelligence, and make a spelling mistake yourself, yes.

Why can't you just admit that the source of this thread's "news" is no better than a random post on someone's MySpace?
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #115 on: August 29, 2006, 02:17:09 AM »

If Axl wants to reintroduce the current lineup to millions of people, then having a guy who isn't even in the band perform live on television is pointless.

Buckethead was already introduced to millions of American viewers. Their performance was the highest-rated in VMA history. That means it was watched by more people than any other VMA event - ever.

The performance was a surprise - you're implying that people tuned into the final ten minutes of the live show with the sole purpose of watching Guns N' Roses?

Not possible - sorry.

It was a "fake" surprise. They made sure everyone knew. They dropped hints throughout the show. Jimmy Fallon wore GN'R shirts at every commercial break. Whistled the intro to Patience. They played Sweet Child at one point. Then he said "don't go away, we've got a BIG SURPRISE next! Call all your friends and tell them to watch!" etc.

Then when they cut back he was wearing a GN'R shirt and said to put the tapes in the VCR etc. By this time everyone knew what was happening.

Yes, MTV acknowledged that the performance itself - NOT the VMAs show, but the GN'R performance itself - was the highest rated in history. People didn't randomly all turn on their televisions right at that moment.

Also, Pink let it slip in an interview before the gig that BH was back stage and rumors were already on the Internet days before the show claiming that BH would be there with Axl. Word had already gotten around that GN'R were going to play - it wasn't much of a secret.

So assuming that the reason the GNR performance was the highest-rated ever was because GNR fans tuned in, wouldn't you agree that the performance left a less than stellar impression among non-fans?

I remember people telling me the next day that Axl Rose was fat and couldn't sing anymore. And that a guy with a chicken bucket on his head replaced Slash.

Getting rid of that image is the best thing for the band, and they've already succeeded. Bringing back Buckethead is a step backwards.

GN'R fans weren't the only ones who tuned in. Non-fans tuned in, too. Despite the poor performance it was a historic moment and a lot of "casual" fans of GN'R - meaning everyday people who dug the band back in the day but weren't die-hards - were interested in seeing what the band was up to. Axl hadn't performed publicly for years.

Yes, it left a bad impression. But it will leave a worse impression if Axl returns with a new guitarist again. People will just say "This band is a joke, he's got new guitarists every time he does a gig!"
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #116 on: August 29, 2006, 02:17:54 AM »

Not possible - sorry.

OK now I remember after reading that why it wasn't a surprise to me. ?Being a very long time gunner I was tuned in and also pretty disheartened at the performance but glad that Axl and Co. were back out there. ?Then another 4 years later and here we are and he is right back on his game with vocals. ?

So performing IMO would be GOOD but only with members of the band that are intending on actually STAYING in the band. ?

Everyone I talked to after the show and then even at MSG 2002 was kinda creeped out by Bucket and again I am NOT dissing his playing. ?He didn't interact with the rest of the band at all and the solo part that they gave him was just circus like with his robot dancing. ?I want to see Rock and Roll, the good old fashioned kind like we have been seeing this year!
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #117 on: August 29, 2006, 02:18:19 AM »

3) He isn't a GN'R fan

Roll Eyes

"Alot" of intelligence, eh?  Roll Eyes

Roll Eyes

Why can't you just admit that the source of this thread's "news" is no better than a random post on someone's MySpace?

Dave, I post there A LOT.. the guy is a Buckethead fan... he is EXCITED BH is going to get mtv time, that's why he made the post. Not to fuck with gnr fans man, he has no motive to make up the lie.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #118 on: August 29, 2006, 02:19:23 AM »

Not possible - sorry.

GN'R fans weren't the only ones who tuned in. Non-fans tuned in, too. Despite the poor performance it was a historic moment and a lot of "casual" fans of GN'R - meaning everyday people who dug the band back in the day but weren't die-hards - were interested in seeing what the band was up to. Axl hadn't performed publicly for years.

Yes, it left a bad impression. But it will leave a worse impression if Axl returns with a new guitarist again. People will just say "This band is a joke, he's got new guitarists every time he does a gig!"

I'd rather have Ron Thal as guitarist than a guy who speaks through a hand-puppet and fucks over the band.

I know Buckethead's a great guitarist - but he had his chance.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #119 on: August 29, 2006, 02:19:45 AM »

I say they just do Better. Make it the single. Fan or no fan of GN'R, everyone likes that song. Its catchy
Your not kidding...my friends who ONLY listen to rap love Better and hum the intro a lot lately. Its really funny actually because they now have some respect for the mythical album Ive been annoying them with...chinese democracy

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: