Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 07:21:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  RUMOR: Buckethead/Gnr to perform at Vma's...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RUMOR: Buckethead/Gnr to perform at Vma's...  (Read 42105 times)
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #120 on: August 29, 2006, 02:19:50 AM »

Why would someone who is a long-standing member on a NON-GN'R site whose family works for the VMAs/MTV go on a forum and tell a lie?

1) He has a reputation on the site
2) He has no reason to lie
3) He isn't a GN'R fan
4) If he lied he'd lose all respect

how do you knwo that person really has connections to mtv.

i could go to any site and claim i have connections to mtv and somehow mention gnr ro something. Im not saying they are lieing but it shouldnt be treated as gospel either.

From his post it seems he has a reputation already on that site and people "know" already that he's connected with the VMAs. Notice how no one questioned his post. If he was some "nobody" who hadn't already proven himself in the past people would have told him to fuck off. It seems, judging from the responses, that he's got cred on the forum.

That forum's full of half-wits - I don't think they should be the ones to judge credibility.

Hell, the whole point of that FaceTheJury site is to judge photos and rate how hot people are.

That takes alot of intelligence.

Roll Eyes

"Alot" of intelligence, eh?  Roll Eyes

OH MY GOD TYPING ERROR ON THE INTERNET

I MUST BE RETARDED - THERE GOES MY CREDIBILITY!

Roll Eyes

When you are deriding the credibility of others due to their lack of intelligence, and make a spelling mistake yourself, yes.

Why can't you just admit that the source of this thread's "news" is no better than a random post on someone's MySpace?

Because my source is more credible than a random post on someone's MySpace. As I've said already, I was told GN'R would perform. It was also indicated BH would be there, but that his presence was not a "definite." I have also been told that Buckethead was in negotiations to return for the 2006 tour but refused to rejoin because he didn't want to go through another 2002 fiasco and was waiting for the album to actually have a release date. If this is true then it explains a lot about why BBF was chosen last minute - think about it, why wasn't he hired right after BH left? Because Axl was hoping BH would return to the band.
EFISH
« Reply #121 on: August 29, 2006, 02:22:04 AM »

BBF has been unsure this whole time if he was going to continue on with GNR, even through to America, so u never no
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #122 on: August 29, 2006, 02:22:55 AM »

While I am not willing to believe this 100%, some of us knew(and prayed) that there was a chance he would return during the US leg of the tour. I've said it for years: Once it was time for CD to happen, Buckethead would be back.

Fuck I hope this is true. I cant wait to hear that IRS solo done proper in a live setting. Better will be much improved.. Hell, they can now add Riyadh into the setlist.

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #123 on: August 29, 2006, 02:23:14 AM »

Wasn't BBF actually offered a part in GNR in 2004 that didn't transpire for whatever reason? ?He started with them last minute but that is not when they initially expressed interest-

I am with Dave, Bucket had his chance and I think it is a downward spiral for them to do a lineup change again, especially now.
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #124 on: August 29, 2006, 02:23:21 AM »

If Axl wants to reintroduce the current lineup to millions of people, then having a guy who isn't even in the band perform live on television is pointless.

Buckethead was already introduced to millions of American viewers. Their performance was the highest-rated in VMA history. That means it was watched by more people than any other VMA event - ever.

The performance was a surprise - you're implying that people tuned into the final ten minutes of the live show with the sole purpose of watching Guns N' Roses?

Not possible - sorry.

Ha, let me guess, you weren't watching that night, were you?

It was a "fake" surprise. They made sure everyone knew. They dropped hints throughout the show. Jimmy Fallon wore GN'R shirts at every commercial break. Whistled the intro to Patience. They played Sweet Child at one point. Then he said "don't go away, we've got a BIG SURPRISE next! Call all your friends and tell them to watch!" etc.

Then when they cut back he was wearing a GN'R shirt and said to put the tapes in the VCR etc. By this time everyone knew what was happening.

Yes, MTV acknowledged that the performance itself - NOT the VMAs show, but the GN'R performance itself - was the highest rated in history. People didn't randomly all turn on their televisions right at that moment.

Also, Pink let it slip in an interview before the gig that BH was back stage and rumors were already on the Internet days before the show claiming that BH would be there with Axl. Word had already gotten around that GN'R were going to play - it wasn't much of a secret.

I didn't know anything about the band back then and even I heard about it.

So assuming that the reason the GNR performance was the highest-rated ever was because GNR fans tuned in, wouldn't you agree that the performance left a less than stellar impression among non-fans?

I remember people telling me the next day that Axl Rose was fat and couldn't sing anymore. And that a guy with a chicken bucket on his head replaced Slash.

Getting rid of that image is the best thing for the band, and they've already succeeded. Bringing back Buckethead is a step backwards.

GN'R fans weren't the only ones who tuned in. Non-fans tuned in, too. Despite the poor performance it was a historic moment and a lot of "casual" fans of GN'R - meaning everyday people who dug the band back in the day but weren't die-hards - were interested in seeing what the band was up to. Axl hadn't performed publicly for years.

Yes, it left a bad impression. But it will leave a worse impression if Axl returns with a new guitarist again. People will just say "This band is a joke, he's got new guitarists every time he does a gig!"

I'd rather have Ron Thal as guitarist than a guy who speaks through a hand-puppet and fucks over the band.

I know Buckethead's a great guitarist - but he had his chance.

How'd he fuck over the band?

You do realize Axl was the reason the 2002 tour was canceled, don't you? And you do realize Axl has fucked over his own band far more times than Buckethead has? Buckethead LEFT mainly due to the fact that Axl kept postponing the album.

Yes, BH looks a bit silly, but he also is an enigma and I think that the band needs as much stage presence as they can get. Ron has none. He just kind of stands there and jumps in once and a while for a solo. He's a nice guy, but his image is bad too. At least BH stands out.

And BH doesn't talk with a puppet on stage so I fail to see how that really affects their music playing live. He doesn't get up and perform a puppet show for the audience every gig.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #125 on: August 29, 2006, 02:24:44 AM »

The moment I heard Axl is going to APPEAR in the VMA's, I was ready for the rumours. It's no surprise someone is claiming Gn'R to actually perform at the award show, and I don't think it's a surprise that someone is claiming BH is back either. It's just a speculation.. but personally I don't want him to join the band. Keep the current line-up, it's really working.

"This band is a joke, he's got new guitarists every time he does a gig!"

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #126 on: August 29, 2006, 02:26:00 AM »

If Axl wants to reintroduce the current lineup to millions of people, then having a guy who isn't even in the band perform live on television is pointless.

Buckethead was already introduced to millions of American viewers. Their performance was the highest-rated in VMA history. That means it was watched by more people than any other VMA event - ever.

The performance was a surprise - you're implying that people tuned into the final ten minutes of the live show with the sole purpose of watching Guns N' Roses?

Not possible - sorry.

It was a "fake" surprise. They made sure everyone knew. They dropped hints throughout the show. Jimmy Fallon wore GN'R shirts at every commercial break. Whistled the intro to Patience. They played Sweet Child at one point. Then he said "don't go away, we've got a BIG SURPRISE next! Call all your friends and tell them to watch!" etc.

Then when they cut back he was wearing a GN'R shirt and said to put the tapes in the VCR etc. By this time everyone knew what was happening.

Yes, MTV acknowledged that the performance itself - NOT the VMAs show, but the GN'R performance itself - was the highest rated in history. People didn't randomly all turn on their televisions right at that moment.

Also, Pink let it slip in an interview before the gig that BH was back stage and rumors were already on the Internet days before the show claiming that BH would be there with Axl. Word had already gotten around that GN'R were going to play - it wasn't much of a secret.

So assuming that the reason the GNR performance was the highest-rated ever was because GNR fans tuned in, wouldn't you agree that the performance left a less than stellar impression among non-fans?

I remember people telling me the next day that Axl Rose was fat and couldn't sing anymore. And that a guy with a chicken bucket on his head replaced Slash.

Getting rid of that image is the best thing for the band, and they've already succeeded. Bringing back Buckethead is a step backwards.

GN'R fans weren't the only ones who tuned in. Non-fans tuned in, too. Despite the poor performance it was a historic moment and a lot of "casual" fans of GN'R - meaning everyday people who dug the band back in the day but weren't die-hards - were interested in seeing what the band was up to. Axl hadn't performed publicly for years.

Yes, it left a bad impression. But it will leave a worse impression if Axl returns with a new guitarist again. People will just say "This band is a joke, he's got new guitarists every time he does a gig!"

I'd rather have Ron Thal as guitarist than a guy who speaks through a hand-puppet and fucks over the band.

You do realize Axl was the reason the 2002 tour was canceled, don't you? And you do realize Axl has fucked over his own band far more times than Buckethead has? Buckethead LEFT mainly due to the fact that Axl kept postponing the album.

Yes, BH looks a bit silly, but he also is an enigma and I think that the band needs as much stage presence as they can get. Ron has none. He just kind of stands there and jumps in once and a while for a solo. He's a nice guy, but his image is bad too. At least BH stands out.

And BH doesn't talk with a puppet on stage so I fail to see how that really affects their music playing live. He doesn't get up and perform a puppet show for the audience every gig.

Well I don't know what the frig he was doing during his solo at MSG but it was pretty creepy. ?

This is why I like the lineup now.  Good music and NOT creepy
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #127 on: August 29, 2006, 02:26:06 AM »

Just want to add my 420 cents.

If GNR performs at the VMA's...I will be so fucking ridiculously happy, I may just party the rest of the night.

If GNR performs at the VMA's and Buckethead is right the fuck there playing with GNR again...my god... I may just go Frank the fucking Tank and run around the streets fucking naked. I will be so deliriously happy... I may just lose it. I may break down like when Mufassa got trampled saving Simba and Simba thinks its his fault. Except I will be happy.

See... I think Buckethead is so fucking great. I love that motherfucker in GNR. You fuckers talking shit about image are so fucking out of it GNR wise. I don't think a GNR old schooler would say shit like that. Think about all the weird ass shit Axl/Duff/Slash used to wear and dress. To try and pigeon hold GNR's image like saying Bucket doesn't "Fit" their image should be an automatic boot to the fucking head. An automatic loss in Karma just for saying something that fucking moronic. You GNR noobs saying shit like that, need to go back on the formula. Similac needs to be added to you diet immediately.

Man I hope this turns out to be true.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #128 on: August 29, 2006, 02:26:45 AM »

BBF has been unsure this whole time if he was going to continue on with GNR, even through to America, so u never no

As I said before, Bumblefoot was never a permanent replacement. He was a last-minute grab for the '06 tour. You can tell just by how the bandmembers are on stage that Bumble is really excluded from the band - Axl and Tommy have great chemistry, Finck and Tommy seem like they have respect for each other, and Dizzy is Axl's pal, but Bumble really has no chemistry with any of them IMO. Robin doesn't like him at all and Axl treats him indifferently.

Bumble has always been vague on what's going on with the band. If he were a permanent bandmember he would have heard CD by now - but he hasn't. He would have info on what's going on - but he doesn't. He hadn't even heard that Axl was a presenter at the VMAs.

And Bumble is still hyping his own band through MySpace and it seems to me that he's really just joining GN'R temporarily.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #129 on: August 29, 2006, 02:26:54 AM »

Not possible - sorry.

Funny how the Buckethead supporters always fail to remember that Buckethead left in 2004, causing the band to cancel their appearance at Rock in Rio IV.

Here's Axl's press release, detailing exactly how Buckethead fucked the band over:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=104
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #130 on: August 29, 2006, 02:27:46 AM »

Not possible - sorry.

Well I don't know what the frig he was doing during his solo at MSG but it was pretty creepy. 

This is why I like the lineup now.  Good music and NOT creepy

Video link?

I haven't seen what you're talking about.  Huh
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #131 on: August 29, 2006, 02:27:55 AM »

I believe one of his last messages was that he was looking forward to touring the States.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
EFISH
« Reply #132 on: August 29, 2006, 02:28:25 AM »

If GNR performs at the VMA's...I will be so fucking ridiculously happy, I may just party the rest of the night.

If GNR performs at the VMA's and Buckethead is right the fuck there playing with GNR again...my god... I may just go Frank the fucking Tank and run around the streets fucking naked.
I will be so deliriously happy... I may just lose it. I may break down like when Mufassa got trampled saving Simba and Simba thinks its his fault. Except I will be happy.

i stopped ther dude cuz i am the same, i will run around the streets naked if it happens! haha we all should
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #133 on: August 29, 2006, 02:30:30 AM »

Not possible - sorry.

Funny how the Buckethead supporters always fail to remember that Buckethead left in 2004, causing the band to cancel their appearance at Rock in Rio IV.

Here's Axl's press release, detailing exactly how Buckethead fucked the band over:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=104

Hate to tell you, but that was an excuse.  ok

Bucket was their fall guy. Axl wasn't ready to perform again, after 2002 he did not want to go back on the road or do any performances. Bucket left BECAUSE Axl was going to cancel RIR4 and there was still no date in sight for CD.

And once again, even if Buckethead was the sole reason for the RIR cancellation (which isn't true), Axl still caused so many cancellations in the past that comparing it isn't even funny. Buckethead left because he had respect for the fans and the music and was tired of sitting around waiting for something that he probably felt wasn't going to happen any time soon.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #134 on: August 29, 2006, 02:30:35 AM »

As I said before, Bumblefoot was never a permanent replacement. He was a last-minute grab for the '06 tour. You can tell just by how the bandmembers are on stage that Bumble is really excluded from the band - Axl and Tommy have great chemistry, Finck and Tommy seem like they have respect for each other, and Dizzy is Axl's pal, but Bumble really has no chemistry with any of them IMO. Robin doesn't like him at all and Axl treats him indifferently.

Buckethead never moves onstage. Ron moves onstage. Ron wins in the stage movement category.

Bumblefoot never had the chance to record with the band like Buckethead did, and he only played with the band for the first time this past Spring. Of course he's not as close to the other guys as someone who's been in the band years would be.

Give it time and stop making assumptions.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #135 on: August 29, 2006, 02:31:06 AM »

You notice how all over the place Axl was in that letter... it had hints of anger, sorrow, let down, dissapointment, etc... I think Axl was very estranged by Bucket's departure and the lack of communication with him. However, in time I think Axl's realized just how much him and Buckethead are alike. They both do what they want, show when they want, get misconstrued in the publics eye, both are hated for no reason at times.....

That letter DID NOT make it sound that BH could never be back again.
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #136 on: August 29, 2006, 02:31:31 AM »

I believe one of his last messages was that he was looking forward to touring the States.

Yes but he has also said "hope to see you in the States" and "if all goes to plan" and "hopefully" and so on.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #137 on: August 29, 2006, 02:32:23 AM »

Yes but he has also said "hope to see you in the States" and "if all goes to plan" and "hopefully" and so on.

Bumble has said "see you in Cali" many times to me concerning inland invasion

gnrevolution.com
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #138 on: August 29, 2006, 02:33:02 AM »

I admit, I'll be drinking grey goose and red bull toward the end of the show and if Buckethead is on that stage I'll be fucking partying all night celebrating blasting gnr!!!!!!!! beer
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #139 on: August 29, 2006, 02:33:38 AM »

If GNR performs at the VMA's and Buckethead is right the fuck there playing with GNR again...my god... I may just go Frank the fucking Tank and run around the streets fucking naked.
I will be so deliriously happy... I may just lose it. I may break down like when Mufassa got trampled saving Simba and Simba thinks its his fault. Except I will be happy.

i stopped ther dude cuz i am the same, i will run around the streets naked if it happens! haha we all should

When Buddha posts I always have a good chuckle because I can imagine him just being this happy person who gets incredibly excited over this stuff and I think that is just great! ?A true fan, old school style! beer

I think we all should be excited cause so much has happened with this band this year, even if we don't always all share the same exact views on the members, etc......

So, we are all gonna be tuned in on Thurs. and then posting here like mad at what happens that we don't really know yet.....that really is the fun of it all
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: