Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 06:32:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227834 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  RUMOR: Buckethead/Gnr to perform at Vma's...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RUMOR: Buckethead/Gnr to perform at Vma's...  (Read 42109 times)
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #140 on: August 29, 2006, 02:34:09 AM »

BBF has been unsure this whole time if he was going to continue on with GNR, even through to America, so u never no

As I said before, Bumblefoot was never a permanent replacement. He was a last-minute grab for the '06 tour. You can tell just by how the bandmembers are on stage that Bumble is really excluded from the band - Axl and Tommy have great chemistry, Finck and Tommy seem like they have respect for each other, and Dizzy is Axl's pal, but Bumble really has no chemistry with any of them IMO. Robin doesn't like him at all and Axl treats him indifferently.

Buckethead never moves onstage. Ron moves onstage. Ron wins in the stage movement category.

Bumblefoot never had the chance to record with the band like Buckethead did, and he only played with the band for the first time this past Spring. Of course he's not as close to the other guys as someone who's been in the band years would be.

Give it time and stop making assumptions.

I wasn't aware there was a stage movement category.

Stage presence is not defined solely by an artist's "movement." Johnny Cash never moved around much. Neither did Jim Morrison. In fact, Morrison NEVER moved. He'd jump up in the air sometimes or writhe on the floor. But towards his later years he mostly stood there. But both artists had incredible stage presence.

Ron might move but that doesn't mean he has strong stage presence.

Of course he's not as close to the other guys as someone who's been in the band years would be.

Yes, that was my point. What was yours?

DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: August 29, 2006, 02:34:27 AM »

Bucket was their fall guy. Axl wasn't ready to perform again, after 2002 he did not want to go back on the road or do any performances.

Bucket left BECAUSE Axl was going to cancel RIR4 and there was still no date in sight for CD.

Buckethead left because he had respect for the fans and the music and was tired of sitting around waiting for something that he probably felt wasn't going to happen any time soon.

Says who?

I have a press release from Axl to support my claims, you have nothing.

Cite your sources or stop talking out of your behind.
EFISH
« Reply #142 on: August 29, 2006, 02:34:59 AM »

lmao 8 pages in what 15 minutes?

jesus crist! if this gets to like 40 pages n were wrong well damn thats alota wasted posts!! hihi
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #143 on: August 29, 2006, 02:35:31 AM »

Bucket was their fall guy. Axl wasn't ready to perform again, after 2002 he did not want to go back on the road or do any performances.

Bucket left BECAUSE Axl was going to cancel RIR4 and there was still no date in sight for CD.

Buckethead left because he had respect for the fans and the music and was tired of sitting around waiting for something that he probably felt wasn't going to happen any time soon.

Says who?

Yeah, and all of gnrs press releases in the past have been 100% true.... rofl
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #144 on: August 29, 2006, 02:36:03 AM »

Funny how the Buckethead supporters always fail to remember that Buckethead left in 2004, causing the band to cancel their appearance at Rock in Rio IV.

Here's Axl's press release, detailing exactly how Buckethead fucked the band over:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=104
Funny how the BH haters fail to read that press release. Axl doesnt rule out BH coming back, so why are you and all these other haters?

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #145 on: August 29, 2006, 02:36:07 AM »

jesus crist! if this gets to like 40 pages n were wrong well damn thats alota wasted posts!! hihi

we are a bunch of crazy, obsessed mothafuckas!!!  Grin
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #146 on: August 29, 2006, 02:36:44 AM »

Internet is just a garbage can ok

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #147 on: August 29, 2006, 02:36:51 AM »

Of course he's not as close to the other guys as someone who's been in the band years would be.

Yes, that was my point. What was yours?

That stage chemistry takes time to develop and you're not giving Bumblefoot a fair chance.
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #148 on: August 29, 2006, 02:37:07 AM »

Says who?

Yes, and I have a press release guaranteeing a new record for 1999. Press releases are very trustworthy.

Don't trust everything you read that is issued through a band's PR. There are such things as spin doctors, and there is such a thing as a lie.

As for my source (singular, not plural) - he is trustworthy. He asked me a year ago never to give out his name. I have not, and will not. You do not have to believe me. I don't care.

BTW, do you know why Axl isn't allowed to tell us the reason the 2002 tour was canceled? You might want to ponder about that a bit.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #149 on: August 29, 2006, 02:37:33 AM »

Well, this is quite a big deal even if it is only at rumor stage, I wouldn't be surprised if we see another 20 pages by Thurs.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #150 on: August 29, 2006, 02:38:27 AM »

I'd love for this to be true, but it would be absolutely counter-productive for this to be a "one-off" thing. If the band performs on the show, they need to have the permanent line-up. If they do perform, this is GNR's most important performance ever, as far as public perception goes. We're closer to the album now than we were in '02. I loved Bucket, I think he was bored of the old material and bored of this stuff not getting let out of the gate, but if this is the real deal, I can definitely see a mutual relationship forming again. I for one hope it happens. I do, however, like Ron Thal quite a bit, so I'll be happy with whoever is on the axe...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
dankrass
Headliner

cold irons bound

« Reply #151 on: August 29, 2006, 02:39:19 AM »

As always, I am putting no stock in this --- not because I think the poster is lying, its just that even if a rumor is true, things seem to change at a moment's notice w/ GnR.

I will be very happy if Bucket could come back.   

We all love Ron Thal. He's a nice guy, he's a pretty good player (but anyone who argues he's a better fit, musically, than Buckethead is clearly delusional.)  He's approachable and if there's one thing GnR has NOT been in the past many years is approachable. 

Hopefully it's all true and Axl has got his act together on CD and has informed Buckethead of the 'master plan' and Bucket can step back into the line-up.   
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #152 on: August 29, 2006, 02:39:58 AM »

BTW, do you know why Axl isn't allowed to tell us the reason the 2002 tour was canceled? You might want to ponder about that a bit.

I don't care, it's in the past.

And so is Buckethead's stint with Guns N' Roses.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #153 on: August 29, 2006, 02:40:34 AM »

As always, I am putting no stock in this --- not because I think the poster is lying, its just that even if a rumor is true, things seem to change at a moment's notice w/ GnR.

I will be very happy if Bucket could come back.   

We all love Ron Thal. He's a nice guy, he's a pretty good player (but anyone who argues he's a better fit, musically, than Buckethead is clearly delusional.)  He's approachable and if there's one thing GnR has NOT been in the past many years is approachable. 

Hopefully it's all true and Axl has got his act together on CD and has informed Buckethead of the 'master plan' and Bucket can step back into the line-up.   

I agree with everything you said.

Well done.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #154 on: August 29, 2006, 02:41:35 AM »

PAY HOMAGE TO BUCKETHEAD....

How can you watch this and now want him up there with Axl Rose.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8akmP6Sjv2o
EFISH
« Reply #155 on: August 29, 2006, 02:42:49 AM »

More like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk7plGs3RP0
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #156 on: August 29, 2006, 02:42:56 AM »

By that logic, so is Buckethead's alleged "cancellation" of Rock in Rio 4, which you brought up earlier.

So I have to wonder why you would go out of your way to stress this point when you would so eagerly dismiss a more serious, multi-million-dollar cancellation caused by Axl in 2002.

The reason Axl can't talk at all about the '02 tour being canceled is because it got him in major legal trouble with Clear Channel. And part of that is what ended up delaying CD even more - and made Axl more of a recluse than ever before. Axl was diagnosed as being manic-depressive, you will recall, around this time period.  ok

Oh, and when Axl didn't show up for that one gig (was it in Philly?), you know where he was?

In his hotel room, watching basketball on the TV.

Yeah, Buckethead leaving the band really fucked them all over!

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #157 on: August 29, 2006, 02:44:11 AM »

By that logic, so is Buckethead's alleged "cancellation" of Rock in Rio 4, which you brought up earlier.

So I have to wonder why you would go out of your way to stress this point when you would so eagerly dismiss a more serious, multi-million-dollar cancellation caused by Axl in 2002.

The reason Axl can't talk at all about the '02 tour being canceled is because it got him in major legal trouble with Clear Channel. And part of that is what ended up delaying CD even more - and made Axl more of a recluse than ever before. Axl was diagnosed as being manic-depressive, you will recall, around this time period.  ok

Imagine how losing Buckethead made him feel too..... Sad
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #158 on: August 29, 2006, 02:45:59 AM »

More like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk7plGs3RP0

That Nightrain solo was great.  No doubt he is an awesome player-
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #159 on: August 29, 2006, 02:46:15 AM »

Someone hidden is viewing this thread.... it's Axl or Buckethead looking at the fan reaction. rofl
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: