Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 10:19:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ideas to mark an album release...
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ideas to mark an album release...  (Read 3961 times)
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2008, 07:47:04 AM »

Have thought for years how cool it would be to set up listening/release parties in a few areas, I'm in London and it wouldnt be hard to find and hire a suitable venue.  be great to hear it with so many fans and board members and celebrate the release of this mother!  beer

Are you offering to be the London party co-ordinator?  hihi  beer
greendog
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2008, 08:49:04 AM »

Have thought for years how cool it would be to set up listening/release parties in a few areas, I'm in London and it wouldnt be hard to find and hire a suitable venue.  be great to hear it with so many fans and board members and celebrate the release of this mother!  beer

I live up in North Yorkshire, however... if there was to be a kick ass party down in London, I'd come down for that. The idea of listening to a (hopefully) amazing album, super fucking loud, with a load of fans, is really appealing.
Olorin
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2008, 02:51:40 PM »

I'd come down from Scotland with a few True Gunners, or at the least myself and a few bottles of malt whisky beer

I have always wondered what to do for the release of the album. Its been so long I have been waiting on it, 10 years since I first discovered there was a new GN'R album in the making  and every day since I have been dreaming of it and talking about it.

I have always wanted to do something to enhance the experience, like cocaine or speed and major sound system, but I'm not into that shit now and it would probably sour it like it does most things.
A big party with other fans who have the same feelings for it would be special, memorable and something else to look forward to. I thought the Greek GN'R nights looked brilliant.

I was going to post a thread to encourage other fans to start a "GN'R Tour Fund", a drunken idea I had.
I remember how pissed of I was after the 2006 tour that I could only see them once, I now plan to use this down time with the band to put money aside each week, in my GN'R Tour Fund piggy bank, so when the band hit these shores again I can afford tickets, travel and accomodation for more than one show.
The_Wretched
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2008, 03:51:59 PM »

As the way to do it... my idea...

VMAs... Rockband 2 sets up the stage for the release of the first single. This is the most logical. Release the album in November/December.

SUPER BOWL!!!! The largest US audience... if they can do the half-time show... then all hell would break loose. This is my fantasy option.
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2008, 04:15:29 PM »

As much as people rag on the VMAs, I'd kill to see them play them. Somehow, crazily enough, that'd be cooler to me than Super Bowl.
The_Wretched
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2008, 05:05:02 PM »

believe it or not... americal idol is HUGE market.

after the cover "hallelujah" of Jeff Buckley's version was done on AI... he shot up iTUnes and sold over 1million singles i think.

mrbucketfoot
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2008, 05:34:26 PM »

believe it or not... americal idol is HUGE market.

after the cover "hallelujah" of Jeff Buckley's version was done on AI... he shot up iTUnes and sold over 1million singles i think.

Someone on American Idol can do a GN'R song if they do it properly, but I don't want to see GN'R on the show itself....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2008, 06:50:23 PM »

We've done pre-shows in London that were fun (as well as other places around the world).

This would be similar.

Except people wouldn't have to leave early in order to get down to the front.... 

And I guess there'd have to be a venue booked. Can't just show up in a pub with a CD...  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2008, 05:32:34 AM »

I'd be quite happy to help sorting out a venue, sure.  It does kinda depend when the release is though..if it doesnt come out for another year or so, I may not be in London! But if I was still here then, yep, I'd def be up for doing my bit.  Have lots of friends in bands who can recommend venues etc and any other London/UK fans can help create this night to remember as well!  As Jarmo said - there were a fair few pre-show parties arranged in 2006/07, wouldnt take much organising to sort another night!  Guns fans from any country would be more than welcome! Though am sure further away places would have their own shindig too.  Maybe we could create a special GnR cocktail for the night - and obligatory Nightrain shots!

« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 05:35:44 AM by babydolls » Logged
noonoo
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2008, 06:03:54 AM »

I like what Metallica is doing with their "Misson" page. Would love to see a page dedicated to the making of CD with clips from the studio, interviews with all the members etc. When the releasedate is close GNR could stream a new songs every week and add a clip where the guys tell the story of that song (what the lyrics are about, who came up with the riffs etc.). on the day of release stream a show where they play all the songs live and add an interview where Axl answers questions we send in.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2008, 09:31:53 AM »

I like what Metallica is doing with their "Misson" page. Would love to see a page dedicated to the making of CD with clips from the studio, interviews with all the members etc. When the releasedate is close GNR could stream a new songs every week and add a clip where the guys tell the story of that song (what the lyrics are about, who came up with the riffs etc.). on the day of release stream a show where they play all the songs live and add an interview where Axl answers questions we send in.
That does sound really cool.  But I wouldn't get your hopes up about GNR choosing that path.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2008, 07:37:06 AM »

Listening partys are so lame.

'For Ricky to be any smarter he would have to die and come back as a turnip' - Trailer park boys.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2008, 04:41:00 PM »

Listening partys are so lame.

they don't have to be!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »