Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:18:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  (misleading)STEVEN ADLER:I Wouldnt Join AXL ROSEs New Band For A Billion Dollars
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: (misleading)STEVEN ADLER:I Wouldnt Join AXL ROSEs New Band For A Billion Dollars  (Read 10918 times)
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« on: June 15, 2004, 06:39:01 AM »

Take this for what its worth, its guns related! Guess it puts to rest the idea that Axl was interviewed for the VH1 thing, looks like it is only going to be Slash and Steven. Why didnt duff do it though, he must see Slash pretty much everday now. anyone else find that wierd?

Anyway here is the article:

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=23666

STEVEN ADLER: I Wouldn't Join AXL ROSE's New Band For A Billion Dollars - June 15, 2004

Former GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler recently answered a few fan questions for the "Q N' A" section of The Official Steven Adler Fansite. A couple of highlights follow:

T-Bone asks: "...so what if Axl [Rose] called you today and said, 'Stevie, Brain isn't working out, I want you to come and play with this new GNR I've got going?' Would you jump at it or what?"

Steven Adler: "I would insist that we do it all together. I wouldn't play with Axl by himself. You could pay me a billion dollars and I wouldn't do it unless it was the five of us. I don't need or wouldn't take the money 'cause it wouldn't be right! It's a shame, if we did it right now, I couldn't see Axl being a part of it. I'm not gonna be a slave. I'm a rock n' roller!"

Sharpshooter says: "Hi Steven. I have been a huge fan from the start of GNR. You have said you would love to get the five of you guys back together again, well that would be too good to be true. What are the chances of that happening again?

Steven Adler: "Didn't I just answer this? (laughs). Like I said, slim to none and it's sad. It sucks! I want to do it. That's why I'm doing it with my band. I'm just doin' what Axl was doin'. Y'know, I'm one original member. Only thing is, I'm showin' up. I'm playing all the songs that everybody wants to hear, 'cause I love the songs, too. They're a big part of my life. All the shows that we've done, people have been just stoked. It's going really well. We're going to Europe on the 23rd of June and also that VH1 GUNS N' ROSES thing, me and Slash were they only ones that were interviewed. That's airing this month."

« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 06:49:25 AM by Jonx » Logged
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 06:42:17 AM »

Good, I dont want him anyway. I'd rather have Matt anytime.
Dizzy
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 06:44:22 AM »

Damn, is this one misleadingly titled thread.  It makes it appear as though Steven went parading up to someone and proclaimed "I Wouldn't join Axl's band...."

When you read the actual question he was asked and his answer in context, it's much different.
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 06:53:15 AM »

I think Adler would join Axl at any moment if he had a chance... but Axl isn't going to call you Steven Cheesy
Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2004, 07:16:15 AM »

Steven makes me laugh. It appears he truly believes Axl might even consider him an option in a situation like that.

Sorry, his drummin' is/was great but to me he is nothing but a sad person right now.

I bet Steven 'Popcorn' Adler will make a lot of people laugh with his 'performance' in BTM. Especially Axl.

Best regards,

N ! 3 |(
DemocracyRose
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2004, 07:21:37 AM »

Axl dont need Steven... rant

Brain is a much better drummer... Grin
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2004, 07:55:23 AM »

Seriously tho, if there was a reunion, Matt would be the drummer.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2004, 08:10:39 AM »

Thats not really fair on Steven saying that, Matt was a replacement not an origenal, even though he wishes he was.
Why Matt, Steven would be 10 times better then he was back in the day, Matts not THAT good ya know confused

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2004, 08:25:31 AM »

I disagree, I think if their was a reunion neither steven or matt would be the drummer.  Matt has burned too many bridges with Axl, I dont think Axl would want matt back.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
K-Rock
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2004, 08:38:56 AM »

I disagree, I think if their was a reunion neither steven or matt would be the drummer.

Then it would not be a reunion, now would it?
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2004, 09:12:33 AM »

There can't be a reunion without Steven. I would be so pissed off with Matt there.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2004, 09:20:30 AM »

Steven Adler was and always will be my favorite GNR drummer.  Hopefully someday, the original 5 will take the stage again.

NEW GNR vs. Velvet Revolver debate has been the hot topic, but I think one thing's for sure.  Niether band will ever surpass the original GNR.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2004, 10:43:27 AM »

I hope to god Axl would never have Matt back again...i hate him...sayin all this shit about Axl....if it wasnt for Axl no one would know who Matt Sourm is...id love to see a Gnr reunion with Axl,Slash,Duff,Izzy and Steven...i think matt should keep his mouth shut..talk about a little baby rant

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2004, 10:46:43 AM »

Niether band will ever surpass the original GNR.
Theres an excellent chance that is the case, but there is still one album left to be heard...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 10:48:07 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2004, 12:42:49 PM »

Niether band will ever surpass the original GNR.
Theres an excellent chance that is the case, but there is still one album left to be heard...

"... gonna find our for yourselves"   Grin

about Steven... I thought it was quite sad when we read about how he/his band was being treated when they toured (last year I believe it was).

and I always thought it was odd how many people (band members and fans alike) talk about what the "real GN'R" is... yet, even when Izzy was involved in "The Project" Steven wasn't even a thought.  Hmpf.  And weren't  he and Slash childhood friends?
Whatever - Steven is still talking about 'the five of us' and he wasn't even included in 'the three of us' (so to speak).
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2004, 12:47:09 PM »

Seeing as Izzy doesn't seem to be up for a reunion either... at least nothing more than a "one-off pay-day"- I wouldn't put my faith in an Original Five Reunion ever. Anyway, personally... I would go for a UYI era reunion of Axl, Slash, Duff, Matt, Dizzy and Gilby. That's the line-up that actually toured the world as the World's Most Dangerous Band. That's the last line-up the majority of the world remembers and loves.... at least from a touring perspective.

Anyway, the AFD era line-up always struck me as a tad undisciplined and "mistake prone" live while the UYI line-up was far more polished and professional. The former is fine when you're 25 and growing as musicians but if a "GN'R Reunion Band" we're to tour at 40+... they would need to be hitting on all cylinders. No exceptions... or else it would turn into one of those "cheesey hairband reunion" tour disasters.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2004, 01:06:57 PM »

nobody would ask Steven to join Axls new band anyways.... wishfull thinking by Stevens fans....

They only way i want to see Steven play again is when the (never gonna happen) originals reunited...

That Adlers Appetite is pure bullshit... fuck he needs to write and play his own fucking songs....  

haha i guess so does Axl...
usurper
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2004, 01:34:37 PM »

Steven is fucking lying about turning down a BILLION dollars just to join G N' R again. He's lyed about a lotta stuff(like not sucking dick for drug money) and how disrespecful Axl treated him. He's living off the album sales of ''AFD'' and ''LIES'' so I don't think he would turn down so much money.
Dizzy
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2004, 05:33:05 PM »

nobody would ask Steven to join Axls new band anyways.... wishfull thinking by Stevens fans....

Name one Steven fan who said he/she believed that Axl would invite Steven to join the band.  None of us said that, and I doubt any of us believe that.

Not even Steven said he believed that.  Most people here obviously only read the misleading title of the thread and not the actual thread...Steven was responding to a fan's question regarding the matter.

Steven is fucking lying about turning down a BILLION dollars just to join G N' R again.

It was a figure of speech for hell's sakes . Jesus christ, stop taking everything so goddamn literally.   Roll Eyes

He's lyed about a lotta stuff(like not sucking dick for drug money)

What the hell are you talking about?  He told the truth about that without someone directly asking about it.  Try reading interviews more carefully.

and how disrespecful Axl treated him.

How the fuck would you know he lied about that?  Were you there?

I disagree, I think if their was a reunion neither steven or matt would be the drummer.

As K Rock said, it wouldn't be a reunion then would it?  Besides, if neither Steven nor Matt were the drummer, who would be?  Brain?  I doubt the other guys would consent to that.

Without Steven, it wouldn't be a true GNR reunion, and I actually concur with your statement that Matt has burned too many bridges with Axl.  I honestly believe Axl would play with Steven long before he'd play with Matt again.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 05:42:55 PM by Dizzy » Logged
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2004, 06:33:29 PM »

For all Steven's yacking i have no doubt if Axl called him tommo and asked him to come in the band he would except - it's easy to say 'no' when the opportunity is not available.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: