Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 07:38:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  (misleading)STEVEN ADLER:I Wouldnt Join AXL ROSEs New Band For A Billion Dollars
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: (misleading)STEVEN ADLER:I Wouldnt Join AXL ROSEs New Band For A Billion Dollars  (Read 10970 times)
Dizzy
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2004, 06:35:26 PM »

For all Steven's yacking

Funny, Steven is "yacking" when all he is doing is answering a fan's question.
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2004, 09:41:12 PM »

If there ever was to be a GN'R reunion I would like to see this lineup:
Axl Rose
Slash
Duff
Izzy
Gilby
Matt
Steve
Dizzy

Those guys could take turns on the songs in wich they played....like Matt would do more UYI stuff and Steve would do AFD stuff....Gilby and Izzy would take turns as well but less than Matt and Steve as Izzy played on all the albums except TSI!?.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2004, 09:54:40 PM »

the reason he posted that question on his website was just for the simple reason he wanted to put that out there "I wouldnt join Axls band for a billion dollars"

who honestly thinks that Axl would let Steven join his new band? who ever sent that question to Steven is just trying to get Steven to say something about Axl...

Steven didnt really reply negativly about axl but the question is mute since it aint gonna happen...

IMO he should just be happy with Jizzy Perl and work on his own new music...
Dizzy
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2004, 10:29:38 PM »

the reason he posted that question on his website was just for the simple reason he wanted to put that out there "I wouldnt join Axls band for a billion dollars"

The webmaster posts the questions and Steven's answers, not Steven.

who honestly thinks that Axl would let Steven join his new band?

Nobody.  And once again, nobody ever implied this.  Not Steven, not anyone here.

who ever sent that question to Steven is just trying to get Steven to say something about Axl...

No shit.   Tongue

the question is mute since it aint gonna happen...

Mute?  Meaning inaudible?   Tongue

I assume you mean moot.  And your comments are moot, because Steven and any of his fans never said it would happen.

IMO he should just be happy with Jizzy Perl and work on his own new music...

He is working on new music, and who says he isn't happy with it?
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2004, 10:48:57 PM »

Name one Steven fan who said he/she believed that Axl
Not even Steven said he believed that.  Most people here obviously only read the misleading title of the thread and not the actual thread...Steven was responding to a fan's question regarding the matter.
He's lyed about a lotta stuff(like not sucking dick for drug money)

what?!?!?! Shocked I've never heard anything about adler sucking dick for drugs!! Is this true or did i misread, if so, i don't think i want him included in a reunion.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 10:51:17 PM by axls#2 » Logged

What Goes around comes around!
outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2004, 12:11:19 AM »

The webmaster posts the questions and Steven's answers, not Steven.
regarless who posts its the question it was still submitted by one of stevens "fans"

Nobody.  And once again, nobody ever implied this.  Not Steven, not anyone here.
thats right.. stevens "fans"did

I assume you mean moot.  And your comments are moot, because Steven and any of his fans never said it would happen.
how is my comment "moot?" stevens fan asked him "what if" and i replied that it aint gonna happen so why would steven or his webmaster even bother to post this on the webpage?? there is no point to this shit... it aint gonna happen ....

He is working on new music, and who says he isn't happy with it?
hes not playing his new music is he?? so im guessing hes not happy with it yet...

never mind this is a stupid pissing match and i cant belive ive wasted my time discussing Steven joining axls new band....
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2004, 01:31:17 AM »

nobody would ask Steven to join Axls new band anyways.... wishfull thinking by Stevens fans....

They only way i want to see Steven play again is when the (never gonna happen) originals reunited...

That Adlers Appetite is pure bullshit... fuck he needs to write and play his own fucking songs....  

haha i guess so does Axl...

YOU ARE SO FUCKING RIGHT. I would end my posts with dont hate GnR or VR hate Addler's Appetite.

1) thing is... if he didnt "need" the money how come he couldnt get enough money for a working tour bus on his US tour.

2) Talking about how Europe and its fans are so much better then the US. Thats only because GnR hasn't played all the countries over there, like all them little clubs steven plays in. Europe loves the older rock scene and Steve is living on the AFD success.

3) Like many people said no one asked Steven to JOin, no one would ever ask him to join. Axl wouldnt be part of the New GnR is Addler was around. I think when he got rid of Addler in 1990 all bridges were burned. I think Axl would Take Brain anyday and if not someone like Josh Freese.

4) People can rip on Axl all they want for playing the old songs. But atleast Axl has some new original songs (which kick ass) that he plays. Steven runs down the whole AFD album and then throws in an ACDC song. Afterall didnt Steven say he contributed alot to the writing of GnR songs, he can't write any new songs in the last 15 years?

STEVEN IS A JOKE. If there was ever a re-union, you would need 2 of the original gunners, AXL & SLASH. Maybe Duff, Dizzy and Gilby too. Since Izzy wont ever tour.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Stupid Head
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2004, 05:11:21 AM »

nobody would ask Steven to join Axls new band anyways.... wishfull thinking by Stevens fans....

They only way i want to see Steven play again is when the (never gonna happen) originals reunited...

That Adlers Appetite is pure bullshit... fuck he needs to write and play his own fucking songs....  

haha i guess so does Axl...

YOU ARE SO FUCKING RIGHT. I would end my posts with dont hate GnR or VR hate Addler's Appetite.

1) thing is... if he didnt "need" the money how come he couldnt get enough money for a working tour bus on his US tour.

2) Talking about how Europe and its fans are so much better then the US. Thats only because GnR hasn't played all the countries over there, like all them little clubs steven plays in. Europe loves the older rock scene and Steve is living on the AFD success.

3) Like many people said no one asked Steven to JOin, no one would ever ask him to join. Axl wouldnt be part of the New GnR is Addler was around. I think when he got rid of Addler in 1990 all bridges were burned. I think Axl would Take Brain anyday and if not someone like Josh Freese.

4) People can rip on Axl all they want for playing the old songs. But atleast Axl has some new original songs (which kick ass) that he plays. Steven runs down the whole AFD album and then throws in an ACDC song. Afterall didnt Steven say he contributed alot to the writing of GnR songs, he can't write any new songs in the last 15 years?

STEVEN IS A JOKE. If there was ever a re-union, you would need 2 of the original gunners, AXL & SLASH. Maybe Duff, Dizzy and Gilby too. Since Izzy wont ever tour.
Steven at one time, was in the biggest band in the world. I havent seen you be anywhere near as successful. He aint that much of a joke then ha? He is also writing music with his band for their upcoming album and will also appear on a record with Izzy. He hasnt written any new songs because he was no longer part of the business cause he was a junkie. But he managed to clean himself up. Good for him.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2004, 03:08:52 PM »

There can't be a reunion without Steven. I would be so pissed off with Matt there.

You wouldn't be able to get over the fact that Matt was the drummer not Steven given that Axl/Slash/Duff and Izzy had got over their issues and started hanging out and making music together again!   Jeez, some people are hard to please!!  hihi

That's a hatrick for Doull
usurper
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2004, 03:40:02 PM »

Name one Steven fan who said he/she believed that Axl
Not even Steven said he believed that.  Most people here obviously only read the misleading title of the thread and not the actual thread...Steven was responding to a fan's question regarding the matter.
He's lyed about a lotta stuff(like not sucking dick for drug money)

what?!?!?! Shocked I've never heard anything about adler sucking dick for drugs!! Is this true or did i misread, if so, i don't think i want him included in a reunion.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2004, 03:50:43 PM »

The problem with an Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Matt line-up is that it's not a "re-union" at all because to the best of my knowledge they never performed together without Dizzy so what exactly would we be "re-visiting" with that line-up? Dizzy would have to be there too and then you could have a reunion of the Get in the Ring Tour/UYI recording line-up. But that was such a small segment of the UYI tour... So, I submit there are only two suitable GN'R reunion line-ups. Either go all the way (Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven) or to the UYI/TSI era (Axl, Slash, Duff, Matt, Dizzy and Gilby). Either of those two line-up would generate the type of nostalgic buzz fans would be looking for because they both have incredible history backing them up.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Dizzy
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2004, 05:27:32 PM »

thats right.. stevens "fans"did=

Wrong.  Name one of Steven's fans who ever insinuated that Steven would be invited by Axl to join the band.  Name one person.

how is my comment "moot?" stevens fan asked him "what if" and i replied that it aint gonna happen so why would steven or his webmaster even bother to post this on the webpage??

Because that's what the section is for, posting questions for fans for Steven to answer.

there is no point to this shit... it aint gonna happen ....

That's exactly why your statements are moot....because everyone knows it won't happen, and contrary to what you stated, nobody ever implied that it would.  So it's redundant and pointless for you to reiterate what we all already know.

hes not playing his new music is he?? so im guessing hes not happy with it yet...

That's because he's in the songwriting process.

never mind this is a stupid pissing match and i cant belive ive wasted my time discussing Steven joining axls new band....

Geez, I can't believe you wasted your time either.   Tongue
outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2004, 05:48:07 PM »

Wrong.  Name one of Steven's fans who ever insinuated that Steven would be invited by Axl to join the band.  Name one person.
how would i know the dudes name.. i dont visit stevens site....

Because that's what the section is for, posting questions for fans for Steven to answer.
so then go there you can find the "fans" name there, i dont really care what his name is...

That's exactly why your statements are moot....because everyone knows it won't happen, and contrary to what you stated, nobody ever implied that it would.  So it's redundant and pointless for you to reiterate what we all already know.
drool what are you talking about.... obviously NOT everyone thinks it wont happen, other wise they wouldnt send in stupid ass questions like that unless they are just trying to get old popcorn to say something about axl rose...

That's because he's in the songwriting process.
god i cant wait to hear those songs...

Geez, I can't believe you wasted your time either.   Tongue
or that Stevens "fans" send questions like to him..
Dizzy
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2004, 06:35:36 PM »

what are you talking about.... obviously NOT everyone thinks it wont happen, other wise they wouldnt send in stupid ass questions like that

Let's review this again, shall we?

so what IF Axl called you today and said, 'Stevie, Brain isn't working out, I want you to come and play with this new GNR I've got going?' Would you jump at it or what?"

Now did you read the IF part?  That means it was a hypothetical question.  In no way did the inquirer of that question imply that he actually though Axl would issue Steven an invitation.

unless they are just trying to get old popcorn to say something about axl rose...

BINGO!   ok

god i cant wait to hear those songs...

Me either.   Cool

or that Stevens "fans" send questions like to him..

I can believe that, as you said, some of them want to get him to speak about Axl.
In a coma
Rocker

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2004, 06:40:07 PM »

As GNR fans some people on this board truly baffle me. Why is everybody running Steven down what the hell has he ever done to anybody. Steven was a great drummer (ask Izzy). Matt sucked and had a perm. I have met Steven and he was really cool and friendly.

As for a re-union whilst I would never say never but the line up for me would have to be:

Axl
Slash
Duff
Izzy
Steven
Dizzy
and me. Although I would only be a luxury player like aspecial guest (sorry dreams are just that)

Ladies and Gentleman Guns N Fucking Roses
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2004, 07:14:12 PM »

Um yea... a little history for some of you newer fans. Fact. Steven liked to suck dick in exchange for drugs.

He's gonna tell us he wouldnt join Axl if he was paid a Billion dollars, and actually believes that we are going to buy that? There is no way he even believes that.

I got to add this. It wouldnt take anywhere near a billion dollars. Shit, all Axl would have to do, is poor some coke on his asshole, and steven's face would be right back in.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 07:17:40 PM by Buddha_Master » Logged

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Dizzy
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2004, 07:27:04 PM »

Um yea... a little history for some of you newer fans. Fact. Steven liked to suck dick in exchange for drugs.

Liked?  I highly doubt it.  He was an addict, a man who was so stoned out of mind that he did do anything to obtain drugs.  It's sad, it's deplorable, but it's understandable to those who don't jump on the "Let's hate Steven just because he was once an addict" train, and/or the "Let's hate Steven because he doesn't speak highly of Axl Rose" bandwagon.

What's funny is that many people here seem to be ignorant and naive enough to believe that Steven is the only former drug addict who's ever done that.  I would not doubt for one second that any of the other GNR members (or any other rock star in any band) had ever done that.  Steven's just the one who admitted it.

He's gonna tell us he wouldnt join Axl if he was paid a Billion dollars

Jesus christ, do any of you people understand what a figure of speech is?   Roll Eyes

Shit, all Axl would have to do, is poor some coke on his asshole, and steven's face would be right back in.

You're definitely a traditionalist, aren't you?  By this I mean you adhere to the trite tradition that the only criticism anybody can ever conjure up about Steven is the fact that he used to be an addict.  Nobody seems to be intelliegent or original enough to come up with anything better.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 07:33:01 PM by Dizzy » Logged
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2004, 07:31:40 PM »

Dude, lighten up.  

Stop taking everything so seriously. ok

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Man Of Soul
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2004, 06:14:47 AM »

Steven wouldnt join the new band for a billion dollars?!The fuck he wouldnt.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: