Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 10:15:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227982 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [RUMOR] NEW Single On Apple iTunes in November
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: [RUMOR] NEW Single On Apple iTunes in November  (Read 19581 times)
Sticky Fingers
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: September 15, 2004, 12:08:27 AM »

I just got word that the new G N' R single will not be released in stores, but on iTunes in November for only $0.99!!! I will have more info in the coming weeks!

peace

Edit by Will: RUMOR added to the title of the thread.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2004, 12:33:29 AM by Will » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2004, 12:09:10 AM »

Go play in traffic.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 12:11:03 AM »

As unbeleivable and ridiculous this is, this would be totally sweet.  I've had my ipod for a couple of months now, and it's the greatest purchase I have ever made.

-Banny

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
visionary432
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2004, 12:12:17 AM »

are you Pure?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2004, 12:13:07 AM »

it's the greatest purchase I have ever made.

-Banny

After the fax machine......

Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2004, 12:29:55 AM »

Stay on topic, please! 

My 2 cents for what it's worth.  November isn't that far away.  Plus, we'll hear about it "officially" before then if this is true.  So, we'll soon know, one way or the other. 
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2004, 12:32:03 AM »

aww.. what if some of us dont have ipods? can we still buy it as an mp3 for a buck?  Undecided

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2004, 12:35:52 AM »

I don't buy it. There's no way the first single of original Guns N' Roses material since 1993 will not be available in stores. Like always, we'll see soon enough, but Tommy himself said the mastering part has not even started yet.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2004, 12:36:14 AM »

It's a little unfair for those who don't have iPod or don't live in usa, if this stuff is true. But it will be avaliable all over the web in mp3 soon after, anyways... I bet suprnova.org will be the right place to search it.  Wink

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2004, 12:36:17 AM »

I just got word that the new G N' R single will not be released in stores, but on iTunes in November for only $0.99!!! I will have more info in the coming weeks!

peace

Edit by Will: RUMOR added to the title of the thread.
Word from who? Did it come to you in a dream or a reliable source? People with less then 10 posts shouldnt be allowed to start threads. 

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2004, 12:37:12 AM »

I started using itunes at the beginning of this year when Pepsi was giving free songs away (1 outa every 3) with codes on bottlecaps.  I didn't buy my ipod untill July.  itunes all by itself is nice.  I put all of my CD's into my itunes library, and downloaded about 50 from the itunes store.  It's a nice, really, really easy way to manage your music and it's really easy to burn stuff onto CD's with it.

I can't recommend itunes enough.  Download it now.

-Banny 

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2004, 12:44:58 AM »

If I had a nickel for every  single digit poster who had inside info .....

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2004, 12:49:45 AM »

If I had a nickel for every? single digit poster who had inside info .....

Right...how many have I seen personally? I mean, probably over 20 at least.

liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2004, 04:06:25 AM »

it aint happening, tommy said the record is being mastered during that time....so a  single is unlikely...and a single only on iTunes is even more unlikely....and a single without a video is further more unlikely....basically its the same roundabout where the GNR car has been stuck in for a long time regarding news!
we have nothing but "insider" info....and according to a few of them chinese D has been released atleast 10 times in the past 2-3 years..
aargh! im going mad

Life is like a penis most people don't know it
But most people suck so they usually blow it.
nuzreq
Opening Act

women and children first.

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2004, 07:21:35 AM »

A lot of bands have actually put up a song on itunes (especially singles), it seems to be the new hip thing to do.? I would certainly do it, with the amount of songs apple is selling through this thing it is sure to get a lot of attention.? And just to clear things up, you don't need? an ipod to use itunes, all you have to do is go to http://www.apple.com/itunes and download the program it isn't really big and i think it is one of the best music program out there.?

If you haven't tried the music store its fantastic, songs are .99$ and whole albums are $9.99 which is pretty sweet if you always wanted a certain album but never got arround to getting it.? Usually with those kinda of things you don't care about art work.?

As far as a GNR single in stores, i certainly doubt it.? Most singles that are out, that i have seen, tend to be from the rap and pop genres.? Thats not to say that hard rock acts don't release singles its just its not as common as it was during the Illusion days.? Plus i still think GNR fans are over hyping the bands current value/importance in the music scene, even if the album is awesome and both the record label and the band agree, they still might not go huge with the publicity until it starts selling well (Sort of throw it out there and see how it does before throwing even more money at it)?
fixintodie
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2004, 07:31:56 AM »

This is probably the most ridiculous, obviously fake sourceless rumor yet. I can't believe anyone's even entertaining the idea.
RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2004, 07:39:45 AM »

How Much is an iPod

Ritz Reeves III
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2004, 07:42:17 AM »

I don't buy it. There's no way the first single of original Guns N' Roses material since 1993 will not be available in stores. Like always, we'll see soon enough, but Tommy himself said the mastering part has not even started yet.

Do bands even release singles in the USA anymore? Seems like many times US fans are buying the European singles for the bonus tracks.

I know many bands put songs on iTunes and other digital music sites. So it could happen, if they wanted to that is.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2004, 07:44:48 AM »

i dont see why it shouldent happend. Then there maybe would come a video, play the song on radio, etc

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2004, 09:10:48 AM »

This rumor actually makes a bit of sense.

Lets disregard the fact that Axl has made some anti-net statements (Rio) given the shit that gets posted online about him... cuz he's proven that he's willing to communicate via it (Rio cancellation this year for example).

Singles sell like shit in the US. GNR needs a lot of advanced promotion to get people believing that this album is finally gonna drop. GNR has a pretty large web presence of older fans who can buy shit online without Mommy or Daddy's credit card (and hell the younger fans can use the aforementioned cards).

A big band releasing its first single in over a decade on iTunes would make for a SHITLOAD of press. In ADVANCE - people would be writing stories "GNR to debut first single in XX Years on iTunes" - free publicity for Apple also, so I'm sure they'd cut them a good deal. So even if sales weren't stellar, that'd be almost an afterthought. Besides which as I said singles sell like shit, you can't even find most of them in record stores anymore.

Single should come out in advance of the album - Late November single, January release? Could be done even with the mastering issue, so long as the single is completed and the album is on track (this being CD, though, that's a fucking gamble).

That said, I don't believe it... but it DOES make some sense.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: