Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:04:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227919 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [RUMOR] NEW Single On Apple iTunes in November
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: [RUMOR] NEW Single On Apple iTunes in November  (Read 19405 times)
V
Headliner

The Fountainhead

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2004, 09:30:08 AM »

I just got word that the new G N' R single will not be released in stores, but on iTunes in November for only $0.99!!! I will have more info in the coming weeks!

peace

Edit by Will: RUMOR added to the title of the thread.

If you believe that bullshit i have a truck of it to sell you.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2004, 10:01:08 AM »

Do bands even release singles in the USA anymore? Seems like many times US fans are buying the European singles for the bonus tracks.

Sure, they still release singles. US fans usually buy European singles because like you said of the bonus tracks. Sometimes record companies add a live version, a rare track, etc.

Check out Billboard's Singles Chart: http://www.billboard.com/bb/charts/hot100.jsp

I just don't believe GN'R is gonna choose the iTunes thing exclusively. I tend to think it's gonna be a commercial CD single + an iTune track. Even U2 is gonna launch a commercial single for their new album.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2004, 10:50:57 AM »

Sure, they still release singles. US fans usually buy European singles because like you said of the bonus tracks. Sometimes record companies add a live version, a rare track, etc.

Check out Billboard's Singles Chart: http://www.billboard.com/bb/charts/hot100.jsp

At the bottom of that page it says: The most popular singles and tracks, according to radio audience impressions measured by Nielsen Broadcast Data Systems, sales data compiled by Nielsen SoundScan, and playlists from select non-monitored radio stations.

Seems like the singles chart is based on radio play rather than sold singles in record stores.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2004, 10:56:40 AM »

Sure, you're right about that! Embarrassed I didn't see most of the singles being sold here in the US are actually imports!

I still believe it will be released as a single outside the US though! Grin

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2004, 10:59:41 AM »

The questions still remains. Can you people in the USA go into a record store and buy a CD single with maybe 2-4 tracks on it or do you have to go to some independent store to buy imported singles from Japan/Europe?

The reason I'm asking is because I remember reading about the single market being dead in the USA.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2004, 11:03:45 AM »

I think record stores still have a singles section, but there isn't a large selection of released singles in there.
Of course I just think that because the last "single" I bought at a record store was Sympathy for The Devil.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2004, 11:06:13 AM »

you can, but you don't see it that many of them, usually if the song is "anticipated" to be huge or the record company is promoting the shit out of the album. you can usually order anything you like though as an import if you are willing to dish out the cash. ok

budnc6921
Headliner

screw you guys im going home

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2004, 11:08:49 AM »

For the most part jarmo unless you go to an insanely big record store they don't sell singles and if they do they only have like maybe 3 artists.

"It's not worth living if you can't feel alive"
Electra King - The world is not enough
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2004, 11:09:40 AM »

You can find them in stores but you can order anything on Amazon.com as an import. The singles section is now pretty small in usual stores, even if the Tower Records near where I live has a lot of them.

DemocracyRose
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2004, 11:37:04 AM »

it aint happening, tommy said the record is being mastered during that time....so a? single is unlikely...and a single only on iTunes is even more unlikely....and a single without a video is further more unlikely....basically its the same roundabout where the GNR car has been stuck in for a long time regarding news!
we have nothing but "insider" info....and according to a few of them chinese D has been released atleast 10 times in the past 2-3 years..
aargh! im going mad

Maybe some of the songs are finished....
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2004, 12:33:51 PM »

SLCPUNK that is a great avatar. 

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2004, 12:40:15 PM »

This makes A LOT of sense. itunes is a fucking monster. I would dig it if this was true. It would make for a lot of good press, and avoid a lot of the bullshit conventions that every dumbass band makes.

Listen we are in the year 2004. Apple is on the forefront now with its latest technologies. GNR should be on the forefront of todays technology too.

GNR, if you are not doing this...you may want to seriously consider it.

Great marketing idea. It wouldn't cost much to do it...plus the rewards would be off the charts.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
DemocracyRose
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2004, 01:47:14 PM »

At least we only have to wait a couple of month to find out if Sticky F. is a lier....
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2004, 02:17:09 PM »

It's very possible, but making that the exclusive medium would be alienation. The first new song in 5 years, and you can only get it off a pay-to-download program? While it's entirely possible, I wouldn't count on it...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2004, 02:32:27 PM »

Yeah that's basically my point. I'm not saying it does not make sense or it's impossible, I'm just saying I would tend to believe iTunes is gonna be one of the mediums, but not the only one.

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2004, 02:39:41 PM »

It does not matter if the whole album is mastered yet they can still release a single.
All they have to do is master the song that is going to be the first single first.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2004, 03:50:12 PM »

Bands don't release singles in cd form any more in america. Most cd singles are imports. And this would be a great idea, anyone who wants it can buy it, and it can be advertised on the main itunes page

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2004, 04:30:12 PM »

So, to sum up, the most practical means to release a new Single today is
1)alternative mediums like iTunes in US
2)CDs in other countries
right?
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2004, 04:34:13 PM »

SLCPUNK that is a great avatar. 

That has nothing to do with the topic, stick to the topic or take it to PMs.
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2004, 04:47:20 PM »

It would be cool cause it would probably become the most downloaded song ever.... it could be good press..... but I dont think there's a chance in hell this is gonna happen.

without a video and some promotion it will end up like oh my god.  this isnt the right way to start CD off.  They need to start in a much bigger way.

But it really wont take long to master CD so a single couild be ready in a week
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: