Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 11:58:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227919 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [RUMOR] NEW Single On Apple iTunes in November
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: [RUMOR] NEW Single On Apple iTunes in November  (Read 19403 times)
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2004, 05:07:41 PM »

I highly doubt it. Its just another rumor to throw in the mill. Why wouldnt they release the first single to radio? Its a far larger medium than a song  downloaded over the internet. I could see them giving radio the first single then waiting a week or two then allow i-tunes to be the only place to get it.

Jarmo- You can rarely find a good single in any record store in the US. The only way you can really get singles in the US is if you are a radio station, mobile dj, or club owner and have access to buy a subscribtion to a music service. Where you could get a compalation CD either weekly or montly consisting of what songs are new to radio. These services are expensive and you have to meet certian criteria. examples are top hits USA, Promo Only, and TM Century Hit Disks.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2004, 06:05:22 PM »

uh, if its on itunes it doesn't mean its not on radio.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2004, 06:11:24 PM »

I think the reason there isnt many US rock singles released is most rock bands only have one good song on their album and all the rest is filler crap. I did pick up the slither, neg creep, and bodies import single for only $6.99 at FYE.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2004, 06:37:35 PM »

While we have no credible soure, this, like many have said, is not implausibile. Singles are popular with consumers yet undesirable by record labels (who want American customers to buy whole records), hence the popularity of the new Napster and iTunes..time will always tell..

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Sticky Fingers
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2004, 06:47:12 PM »

I have now been told that the single will premiere during the last week of November/first week of December.

peace
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2004, 06:55:46 PM »

I have now been told that the single will premiere during the last week of November/first week of December.

peace

Right Sticky  Roll Eyes Come back next month and tell us the single will premiere during last week of Jan/ first week of Feb
TK1
Headliner

« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2004, 06:59:38 PM »

Just once I'd like to see one of these 'new single'  or 'album is coming out' rumors come true.  I'm not saying this one is true, but if the rumor of the week has the album coming out in February, then a December single would make sense....

Then again,  things usually don't make sense in the GN'R world!  We have to be the most dedicated, resilient fans in the history of rock n' roll....
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2004, 07:10:29 PM »

Just once I'd like to see one of these 'new single'? or 'album is coming out' rumors come true.? I'm not saying this one is true, but if the rumor of the week has the album coming out in February, then a December single would make sense....

Then again,? things usually don't make sense in the GN'R world!? We have to be the most dedicated, resilient fans in the history of rock n' roll....

A single in November/December could be true. A Perfect Circle released theyr first single yesterday, and theyr new album has a November 2 release

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2004, 07:26:49 PM »

peace
Your source is Pure, right? The woman who sent Gwen Stefani's single to you.
You shouldn't believe in your source, I'm sorry...  no

Sterlingdog
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2004, 08:19:16 PM »

While we have no credible soure, this, like many have said, is not implausibile. Singles are popular with consumers yet undesirable by record labels (who want American customers to buy whole records), hence the popularity of the new Napster and iTunes..time will always tell..

I know very little about iTunes, have other artists released singles in America on iTunes?  Because in America, singles are virtually unheard of these days unless the artist has just been on American Idol.  Then they brag about having the top selling single which is really kind of funny since there isn't any competition.  But back to my question...does anyone know of any other artist doing this?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2004, 10:06:02 PM »

its not rocket science....
Ig GNR were to release the album in Novmeber, we would get the single in October
December release would bring a November Single.....

So as the days tick by you can figure it all out for yourself.

Dont let losers like this guy play with your mind. When the album is ready we will get a juciy press release, rumors will be long gone...

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
DemocracyRose
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2004, 03:45:02 AM »

peace

I will actually hold you up, with this rumor..... yes

So lets see i a couple month.... Undecided
SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

Dec 31 2004. Last chance !

« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2004, 06:02:19 AM »

''mysterious poster'' anyone ?  rant

november will come and we'll get nothing.

if chidem is not here by new years's eve.I will KILL myself.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2004, 06:41:41 AM »

Sure......

We've had it till Summer 2005 and i'm favouring 2006.

Axl just hasn't got that 4th keyboard part just right...ya' know when it goes 'beep'...well, the entire section will need redoing Roll Eyes

Axl ur nuts.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2004, 08:12:18 AM »

Mysteron, shed some light on this rumor please? Cheesy

Like peeing clouds!
EET_FUK
Rocker

« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2004, 10:28:05 AM »

Well, lets do the math.  For example, both U2 & Eminem both have HUGE albums coming out in November.  U2 is coming out Nov. 22 & Eminem on Nov. 16.  I heard both of their new singles on the radio yesterday for the first time.  That's practically 2 months in advance to their albums coming out.  I would expect the same when/if GNR release something new.  A single, a week or 3 later a video, and 6 to 8 weeks after the single hits radio, the album.  But then again, this is pretty much the standard for most new releases from bigger artists.
mr_yoshimaroka
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2004, 11:15:23 AM »

iTunes rocks.
This rumor is bogus.
Getting information leaked from Apple is extremely difficult. They're probably the most secretive company in Silicone Valley when it comes to announcements. If the poster was right, the rumor would be floating around the web already.
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2004, 11:25:55 AM »

I am sorry but what is wrong with you people.  This guy posts a 2 line sentence of bullshit and some of you actually think it might be true?  The guy has 9 posts and didn't back up the rumor with a shred of evidence.  My recomendation: ban the poster and delete the thread, because it is painful to watch people get excited over nothing.  I have seen rumors like this come and go for the last 5 years. 

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
takeshi
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2004, 11:44:52 AM »

Only an utter fool would believe this garbage.
estranged.1098
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2004, 12:34:12 PM »

This person's source is PURE.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: