Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 02:27:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227864 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Zakk Wylde: Waiting for Axl to release CD
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Zakk Wylde: Waiting for Axl to release CD  (Read 6575 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« on: March 14, 2005, 11:48:42 PM »

Source:  blabbermouth.net

ZAKK WYLDE: Waiting For AXL ROSE To Release 'Chinese Democracy'

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY/OZZY OSBOURNE guitarist Zakk Wylde recently spoke to Blistering.com about his new solo album, "Mafia", and his extremely busy recording and touring schedule over the past 10 years. Commenting on the fact that he's released a staggering six studio albums in the last seven years while GUNS N' ROSES ? a band he once considered joinng forces with ? have yet to release one, Wylde said, ?Actually, this is the way I look at it. Check this out. It was a little into 1995 when I helped Osbourne out with the recording of 'Ozzmosis'. During the recording of that album, I received a phone call from Axl Rose asking me if I wanted to get together and jam with him. I said sure, no problem. We ended up jamming, and that was when Ozzy decided to get Joe Holmes into his band as his guitarist. Of course, the jam sessions with Rose amounted to nothing because once you get the lawyers and managers involved, they just fucking ruin everything. There's no fucking fun to be had when they're involved. It was supposed to be a fucking rock band! I remember thinking to myself, 'Even if we are making a shitload of cash, will everyone just shut the fuck up and relax!' (Laughs) So it just went down the shitter. Ozzy had Holmes in his touring band while I was finishing up doing 'Book of Shadows', but I joined back up with him for 'Ozzmosis'. After that tour, I thought 'Fuck it! I have all these fucking heavy riffs lying around,' so I started doing BLACK LABEL SOCIETY. That was in 1998. That's when it really started. We did 'Sonic Brew', 'Stronger Than Death', and we toured in-between those albums too. Then I got approached to do that 'Rock Star' movie in 2000. I ended up doing that thing, and then I did the guitar shit on the soundtrack alongside the movie. That was a blast. All I did was drink beer, lift weights and play guitar the whole time. After that we recorded a live album, and did '1919 Eternal', and toured behind that. And then I got back together with Ozzy, and together we did the 'Down To Earth' album, then we toured behind that. After that we did 'The Blessed Hellride', toured behind that. Then came the DVD 'Boozed, Broozed & Broken-Boned', and after that we fucking did the acoustic shit for 'Hangover Music Vol. VI'. And now we've just pumped out this new album 'Mafia'! (Laughs) That's twelve fucking albums and tours since I jammed with Rose. And in the last ten years, he still hasn't come out with that 'Chinese Democracy' album!"

Read Zakk Wylde's entire interview with Blistering.com at http://www.blistering.com/fastpage/fpengine.php/link/1/templateid/8863/tempidx/5/menuid/3

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 11:56:46 PM »

Shocked

See, this from Zakk is more depressing then the NYT article because Zakk was actually there so what he says is true Undecided
« Last Edit: March 15, 2005, 12:01:27 AM by dolphin » Logged
Mr_Brownstone16
Headliner

I don't kiss ass to anyone

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 11:58:38 PM »

I talked to Zakk about this a couple of years ago. (sept 2002 at the jaxx show here) He had nothing bad to say about Axl. He just said he was very talented, but didnt' know if the album was gonna come out.
estranged.1098
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 02:24:05 AM »

Shocked

See, this from Zakk is more depressing then the NYT article because Zakk was actually there so what he says is true Undecided

christina_rose
Headliner

Axl is my everything

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 02:31:49 AM »

My friend pointed this out to me this evening. It just goes to show how much has happened over time. And that's just from one person.

"And those technical delays had nothing to do with my sorry ass"-Axl Rose
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2005, 03:23:28 AM »

I just got the Mafia album after seeing the song 'Bleed for Me' on the classic rock promo DVD this month - it blew me away.

Zakk Wylde is truly an amazing guitarist. It would still be fuckin bad ass if he hooked up with Axl!  drool

Here today...ready to rock
Crowebar
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2005, 05:31:14 AM »

I just got the Mafia album after seeing the song 'Bleed for Me' on the classic rock promo DVD this month - it blew me away.

Zakk Wylde is truly an amazing guitarist. It would still be fuckin bad ass if he hooked up with Axl!  drool

I agree. yes ok

Zakk's right, Axl should have left all the lawyers/managers out of things and just jammed and wrote killer tunes and released some kick-ass album(s).

Zakk Wilde is/was the best pick as Axl's new guitar player, next to Slash. The guy's a perfect fit for GNR.

Big mistake Axl. crying

Tell all your handlers to go fuck themselves and release something please. rant
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2005, 05:37:46 AM »

Zakk Wylde is truly an amazing guitarist. It would still be fuckin bad ass if he hooked up with Axl!? drool

I agree. yes ok

Zakk's right, Axl should have left all the lawyers/managers out of things and just jammed and wrote killer tunes and released some kick-ass album(s).

Zakk Wilde is/was the best pick as Axl's new guitar player, next to Slash. The guy's a perfect fit for GNR.

Big mistake Axl. crying

Maybe Axl's a little intimidated by Zakk? Zakk's a big fucker now and doesn't take no shit.

Crowebar
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2005, 05:43:27 AM »

I agree. yes ok

Big mistake Axl. crying

Maybe Axl's a little intimidated by Zakk? Zakk's a big fucker now and doesn't take no shit.

Probably. ok

I don't think that Zakk would've been just another fucking 'YES' man for Axl to boss around. confused

Axl must've realized that and didn't like it. no

He likes to be in control because he's a control freak. nervous

Zakk is no man's bitch, from what I can tell. Shocked
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2005, 09:40:15 AM »

Maybe Zakk was one of the secret sources that Mr. Leeds used for The Times article?? Huh? He really didn't give us any new "inside" information.
If Zakk was a member here and posted this himself, Pandora would've already moved it to "The Frustration Thread" in Dead Horse.? ?hihi

@ Pandora - Just joking with you about the thread in the Admin Section.? Wink

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
mandy2965
Opening Act

Blessed Be

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2005, 11:55:44 AM »

ok  when it get legal...there are rules. I DIDN'T KNOW ROCK & ROLL HAD RULES!
GET RID OF THE "HOLDIN YOU DOWN" ATTORNIES!

There's a voo doo mojo working at the go-go
That could knock a witch off her broom...
We slither on in, to shed our skin
Make our way up to the bump and grind...
Izzys Amp
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2005, 12:02:12 PM »

Everytime i listen to "Once More" off Hangover Music by BLS, i just get an image of Zakk sitting watching Axl in the studio and thinking "well if you don't release this song i will" thats how close, and how good a fit Zakk is for Guns N Roses, if anyone needs a fix of great rock & roll GNR style with a mix of Ozzy/Sabbath riffs and stunning guitar solo's give Black Label Society a go
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2005, 12:31:15 PM »

thank god that fake bullshit is not in GNR.

Most boring guitar player ever.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
usurper
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2005, 12:47:23 PM »

Zakk is a great guitarist, unequaled in the metal world. He took over Randy Rhodes throne of greatness!
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2005, 01:02:44 PM »

i really like his playin and i am from those who believe that he would fit 'perfectly' in guns but... what the fuck with the interview?! he wants to point out what?! that he is so creative and axl is not? fuck that man . promote ur fuckin album with ur balls not by making comments what other artists are doing...fuck that

Sounds to me like he was stated this as fact and replied to it.

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2005, 01:54:26 PM »

funny thing coz i remember an interview by axl sayin that they couldnt collaborate coz zak and slash had a sorda ego-titanic-attitude-of-who-is-the-lead-guitarist-in-here ...

would have loved to have been a fly on the wall...

Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2005, 07:38:58 PM »

i really like his playin and i am from those who believe that he would fit 'perfectly' in guns but... what the fuck with the interview?! he wants to point out what?! that he is so creative and axl is not? fuck that man . promote ur fuckin album with ur balls not by making comments what other artists are doing...fuck that

I think he was just trying to illustrate how much time had passed since Axl approached him.  Basically, he's saying that life is short, and look how much Axl could have accomplished if he weren't such a perfectionist.

Now, I know some people are going to protest and say that Axl is spending all this time working on an awe-inspiring magnum opus.  But you don't need to spend 10 years working on an album.  Look at bands like Zeppelin or The Beatles - they cranked out one great album a year, just like BLS.  Need I remind you that Appetite For Destruction was recorded in a couple of weeks?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2005, 08:18:26 PM »

I agree Mattman. It does not take a decade to do an awesome album. A few weeks for AFD, 2 years for UYI. In fact, I think a 'Decade in the making' is a sure sign of trouble. Its possible that at some point the record company rejected CD and Axl had to start over. That could be the reason for Axl's attitude towards the record company,media,fans,etc. Axl is more uptight during the CD era than he ever was before.

estranged.1098
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2005, 12:19:58 AM »

Axl is not only working on an album. In case you haven't noticed the musicians that are Guns N' Roses today didn't just show up there, and it didn't become a band overnight.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2005, 12:26:04 PM »

Zakk Wylde is waiting for Axl to release his album too???  get in line bucko coz we all are...
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2005, 10:56:50 PM »

I'd rather Axl spent 10 years making a masterpiece, than churn out average albums every year, which is what Zakk has been doing. Quality over quantity ok

Oh yeah, before anyone starts bashing me, I'm a huge Zakk Wydle fan, but apart from the Ozzy stuff, and a couple of ok BLS tunes, he hasn't put out anything good in years.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: