Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 02:15:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227864 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Zeppelin 2 revisited
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Zeppelin 2 revisited  (Read 3476 times)
coldenim
Headliner

Who's gonna save you now

« on: October 14, 2005, 06:58:34 PM »

I dont know where the excerpt is, but it was one of brains interviews, and if I recall right he thought chinese democracy would be a Zeppelin 2.? I don't know why that intrigued me to even start a topic, but I find it interesting.? Zeppelin 2 yeah popular, a pretty good rock record, with lots of blues influence, lets face it a classic, but a master piece?? I dont know maybe I was hoping a zep 4, good rock songs, some experimental, and then epic.? I just wonder what aspect of zeppelin 2 was he implying. the popularity part, or the arrangements being more rock oriented than an eclectic mix of songs..........what do you guys think he meant.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 08:57:57 PM by mack10 » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 07:08:16 PM »

Leppelin?

You mean Led Zeppelin right?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 07:55:16 PM »

no leppelin is a fantastic rock band from saudi arabia who has sold tens of copies of their album leppelin 2 at markets on the streets.

seriously though, if you are expecting a masterpiece i think you are only setting yourself up for a let down. it will be a great album im sure, but a masterpiece is wishful thinking.

poop
Evolution
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2005, 08:12:18 PM »

a masterpiece is wishful thinking.

The proof will be in the pudding  Wink
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 08:26:35 PM »

hey i hope im proven wrong, but we shall see.

poop
coldenim
Headliner

Who's gonna save you now

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2005, 08:56:08 PM »

My honest apologies to everyone, not gonna  blame it on the hang over, but sorry that I have blasphemed, in the name of all things that are good in this world, my deepest regret..........I am not worthy..........Led Zeppelin!!!, thanks for catching that Jarmo, lol.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2005, 09:19:21 PM »

Usually you don't know if its a masterpiece unless you have it stand up to the test of time. Zep 2 is a masterpiece. CD? We don't even know yet if it will be good.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2005, 09:20:28 PM »

Guns N' Roses = Led Zeppelin. What are the odds?  no

Fuck 'Em All.
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2005, 06:19:14 AM »

I dont know where the excerpt is, but it was one of brains interviews, and if I recall right he thought chinese democracy would be a Zeppelin 2.  I don't know why that intrigued me to even start a topic, but I find it interesting.  Zeppelin 2 yeah popular, a pretty good rock record, with lots of blues influence, lets face it a classic, but a master piece?  I dont know maybe I was hoping a zep 4, good rock songs, some experimental, and then epic.  I just wonder what aspect of zeppelin 2 was he implying. the popularity part, or the arrangements being more rock oriented than an eclectic mix of songs..........what do you guys think he meant.

Led Zeppelin pissed masterpieces in their sleep. hihi

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2005, 07:37:17 AM »

I also thought it was strange that Brain picked Zeppelin 2 to compare to CD. Why not Led Zep 4, Physical Graffiti, Houses of the Holy? Nothing we've heard so far would make me think of that album. If he was just saying it to create hype, he could've picked other albums for comparison. Someone just started a thread comparing CD to Thriller. Why stop there? Chinese Democracy is gonna be Fleetwood Mac's 'Rumours', Pink Floyd's 'Dark Side of the Moon', ACDC's 'Highway to Hell', and Metallica's 'Kill Em All' all wrapped into one. hihi

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2005, 08:48:01 AM »

Chinese Democracy is gonna be Fleetwood Mac's 'Rumours', Pink Floyd's 'Dark Side of the Moon', ACDC's 'Highway to Hell', and Metallica's 'Kill Em All' all wrapped into one.? hihi
No, thanks. I don't want CD to be a ridiculous heavy-metal record. It never was and hoppefully never will be.
BTW, Led Zeppelin 2 is a great album.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 09:28:45 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2005, 10:20:39 AM »

uuugg.. I just want to here some real news from Axl himself at this point. We at least deserve something from him instead of the guys in the band that seem to have no proof behind there stories.   So here we sit waiting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Ok, hummm Led Zeppelin 2, Ya! I rember when Brains said that and I got really excited over and over, couldn't stop thinking about it, that excitements long gone. See what I'm saying, WE NEED TO HEAR FROM YOU AXL!!! Sorry for yelling, we just need something, anything,  from you Axl.

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2005, 06:53:07 PM »

a masterpiece is wishful thinking.

The proof will be in the pudding  Wink

And It goes without saying that Brain had chipped in toward and tasted that pudding.

Firstly Brain is a Led Zeppelin fan.

With my bold interpretation it implies that GN'R will be like the 2nd coming of Zeppelin.

As for the album the Zeppelin II,
While Zeppelin I, being made in a rush suffered lack of originality in the song writing, it became a great steppingstone to the next album. Zeppelin II not only won the first place in the charts by defeating abbey road but also revealed the manifest uniqueness in the sound the band had brought to perfection.

Wikipedia put it well :Unlike the first record, the band faced no allegations of musical plagiarism from other artists, leading many Led Zeppelin fans to consider this the first undisputed classic by the band (although the first album is still extremely well-thought of in all music circles).

Why not 'IV'?? Don't forget that 'Zoso' 'House of Holy' and 'Physical Graffiti' come after 'Led ZeppelinII' and not before.  hihi

To sum up, I bet CD includes 4 mins and half of Brain's Moby Dick! Can't wait! hihi
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 06:55:32 PM by ppbebe » Logged
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2005, 07:06:05 PM »

Firstly Brain is a Led Zeppelin fan.
yeah, I also think there's some John Bonham in his drums playing. I hope the drums won't be "computerized", I mean electronized on the record like NIN (it sucks), but that we wil hear fucking real? rock n' roll drums, not samples!. I love his drums sound. Brain's a great drummer.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 07:37:33 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: