Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 01:34:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  (Possibly) First "Review" of Chinese Democracy - Sort of!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: (Possibly) First "Review" of Chinese Democracy - Sort of!  (Read 50119 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2006, 02:47:12 PM »

http://www.velvetrope.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=773321&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1

I?m not talking about comparisons to Appetite, that would be apples and oranges, but a more solid effort that Use Your Illusions 1 or 2. By way of comparison, it makes anything Velvet Revolver did, or will ever do, sound like just another Slash?s Snakepit album. Remember when V.R. was going to save rock? Didn?t happen, but Democracy may just succeed where they failed. When this comes out, Slash and co. are going to be veiwed as throwbacks, and after hearing this I honestly wouldn?t want a classic Guns reunion.

Hell yeah!!!!!! ? Cheesy

This isn't real. Sorry.

Any real review that is of the official disc would most likely give a tracklisting and details of a few of the tracks which may include lyrics/descriptions of a guitar solo/cool drum beat/synth... this review is obviously a sham just by looking at it. Factor in that no tracks have even hit mastering and you have one big pile of shit........

It wasn't written as a review... Just a post saying he has heard it. My wording was slightly tongue in cheek - obviously lost on some people.

Well, I mean if he has "heard" more than we have and he states that he has seen the "artwork", it sounds like he is trying to say that he's held an official copy of Chinese Democracy we are going to get in his hand. Furthermore, he states its made to be turned up loud or whatever and as per a few days ago I can tell you that no Chinese Democracy tracks have been mastered. Chinese Democracy will be mastered, reproduced and distributed quickly.... it's not gonna be mastered, then have 50-100 discs get passed around a inner cirle increasing the chance for a full leak.. no fucking way. That review is bullshit, unless he is just going by the 8-10 new tracks we have heard from live recordings/demos/ and "oh my god."

If he is a friend of the band or what ever he said, it could be true. See if we get a track listing first before jumping the gun. And teh tracks dont have to be mastered to turn up loud.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2006, 02:47:39 PM »

http://www.velvetrope.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=773321&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1

I?m not talking about comparisons to Appetite, that would be apples and oranges, but a more solid effort that Use Your Illusions 1 or 2. By way of comparison, it makes anything Velvet Revolver did, or will ever do, sound like just another Slash?s Snakepit album. Remember when V.R. was going to save rock? Didn?t happen, but Democracy may just succeed where they failed. When this comes out, Slash and co. are going to be veiwed as throwbacks, and after hearing this I honestly wouldn?t want a classic Guns reunion.

Hell yeah!!!!!! ? Cheesy

This isn't real. Sorry.

Any real review that is of the official disc would most likely give a tracklisting and details of a few of the tracks which may include lyrics/descriptions of a guitar solo/cool drum beat/synth... this review is obviously a sham just by looking at it. Factor in that no tracks have even hit mastering and you have one big pile of shit........

It wasn't written as a review... Just a post saying he has heard it. My wording was slightly tongue in cheek - obviously lost on some people.

Well, I mean if he has "heard" more than we have and he states that he has seen the "artwork", it sounds like he is trying to say that he's held an official copy of Chinese Democracy we are going to get in his hand. Furthermore, he states its made to be turned up loud or whatever and as per a few days ago I can tell you that no Chinese Democracy tracks have been mastered. Chinese Democracy will be mastered, reproduced and distributed quickly.... it's not gonna be mastered, then have 50-100 discs get passed around a inner cirle increasing the chance for a full leak.. no fucking way. That review is bullshit, unless he is just going by the 8-10 new tracks we have heard from live recordings/demos/ and "oh my god."

i thought your source told you that "no demos have been mastered yet". with an emphasis on "demos". doesn't mean some final versions haven't been mastered...

now you know me better
shotgun_blue
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2006, 02:48:11 PM »

far too vague, if it was true than we would be seeing some sort of advertisement/hype. He makes it sound totally complete with the art work done and im sure theyd want to get it on shelves as soon as possible before it started to truly leak. bs
AxlGunner
VIP

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2006, 02:48:40 PM »

far too vague, if it was true than we would be seeing some sort of advertisement/hype. He makes it sound totally complete with the art work done and im sure theyd want to get it on shelves as soon as possible before it started to truly leak. bs

agreed

now you know me better
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2006, 02:49:44 PM »

i thought your source told you that "no demos have been mastered yet". with an emphasis on "demos". doesn't mean some final versions haven't been mastered...

I thought we'd all established that no demos will ever be mastered.  rofl
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2006, 02:51:22 PM »

You guys and gals do know that SOME people have heard CD right? And SOME people on that board are insiders in the industry, so before too long someone over there is going to have heard it. Not sayin this guy is legit but lets see if he gets us more before we call him names.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2006, 02:54:45 PM »

You guys and gals do know that SOME people have heard CD right? And SOME people on that board are insiders in the industry, so before too long someone over there is going to have heard it. Not sayin this guy is legit but lets see if he gets us more before we call him names.

I'd really like to know the amount of people besides band members and guns n roses management who have heard anywhere from 16-32 guns n roses tracks. My guess is the circle would have to be anywhere from only 10-20 people. I think the leaks came from the trunk disc, and someone who had a tape handy when Axl did one of his private listening partys...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2006, 02:55:17 PM »

Great post Dave!!! ok

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2006, 02:55:46 PM »

I just think that the album might possibly be complete, just that the label doesn't want to put any more money into the project. ?They won't release without promotion, and promotion costs money. ?Maybe they want to make sure that Axl will play his dates this year in Europe and use the cash and publicity from the tour for publicity and the album can be released after the tour... doesn't that make sense? ?The label also has other artists to promote, so they wouldn't want to counter their promotion of another band.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
AxlGunner
VIP

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2006, 02:55:58 PM »

I think the leaks came from the trunk disc, and someone who had a tape handy when Axl did one of his private listening partys...

further solidifying why you don't know ****

Smiley

now you know me better
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2006, 02:56:01 PM »

I don't disagree, I would never call him a name, but I do think it looks very suspect. That is a pretty important cd to hear, he has the opportunity to be the first credilbe source for a review... and he writes that little, ambigious blurb... I don't believe it. I hope it is real, I would love to be wrong... I am wrong as much or more than anyone else, but I don't think I am now.

godiva
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2006, 02:56:11 PM »

Real or not, doesn't really matter. It teaches us nothing, no new information, just one guy's opinion and we'll get plenty of that when (if?  Cry) CD comes out. I'd rather believe RF, saying the album might, could, should (?) be out in September. That is conflicting with some guy saying the artwork is done and the album is finished. If it is, why not put it out now, before the tour?

So I say this is BS, but even if it isn't..... we will still be waiting for a release date.
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2006, 02:56:14 PM »

Horse shit! (always wanted to say that)

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Steel_Angel
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2006, 02:56:23 PM »

"Say what you want. If you want to say I'm full of shit, that's fine.

The people involved, band, staff, and loved ones of the band are very protective of this. I asked my friend if it was OK to post this, being vague, but still giving limited details. He said that would be fine.

You could understand if you were to create something that you loved, and was going to be very lucrative besides, and some jerk gave away all of the details making your creation not as special. You might be pretty mad.

If I gave a track listing, what would stop someone from going to a peer to peer and finding everything,? I pinpoint the artwork, then what happens? I'll tell you what, Chinese Democracy on a CDR, with artwork, $5.00 on the street on NYC. Would my friend be pissed off? yes. Would band members and record types be pissed off? yes. Would lawyers? No, but I'm sure they would sue my ass.

I can't give a track listing, I can't give artwork details. I can just tell you to be in line at midnight on relese day to buy this thing. It is a purchase that few are going to regret. "

-------------------------------------------------------------

he couldnt even give us a track listing...
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2006, 02:58:00 PM »

I think the guy is full of shit now. I told him on that board, you cant get sued for saying the track listing or saying what the artwork looks like. He is  being vague on purpose.

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2006, 02:58:32 PM »

I think the leaks came from the trunk disc, and someone who had a tape handy when Axl did one of his private listening partys...

further solidifying why you don't know ****

Smiley

If you think CITR is from a disc.. you're an idiot, it's a tape recording. If you completely buy Wes's story that some strippers stole the disc or copied a disc of Axl's, I really feel sorry for you.
AxlGunner
VIP

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2006, 02:59:31 PM »

"If I gave a track listing, what would stop someone from going to a peer to peer and finding everything,? "

um... implying the tracks are already available on a P2P?

HUMBUGARY, I CLAIM!

now you know me better
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2006, 02:59:40 PM »

I think the guy is full of shit now. I told him on that board, you cant get sued for saying the track listing or saying what the artwork looks like. He is? being vague on purpose.

ping
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2006, 03:00:13 PM »

Im like saint thomas, seeing is believing and till I hear the album I would say so  Smiley

No man can be my equal
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2006, 03:00:18 PM »

I think the guy is full of shit now. I told him on that board, you cant get sued for saying the track listing or saying what the artwork looks like. He is? being vague on purpose.

Thanks for doing that! (Frozen you too)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: