Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:22:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227915 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New GNR Harley Davidson commercial feat. Paradise City
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New GNR Harley Davidson commercial feat. Paradise City  (Read 8430 times)
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2006, 01:19:59 PM »

Yeah, it's coming soon according to them.

What's there to talk about? I mean, are you gonna guess how it'll sound since you "haven't heard it yet"?

/jarmo

My Guess is it will sound just like the song when they play it live except recorded at a studio.  I don't know if I can talk about the demo, but if I can.. probably like that but only a cleaner better mix.  I'm very excited.. I can't wait till it comes on TV.  I can't do much more guessing besides that.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2006, 01:20:19 PM »

Booker Floyd Axl didnt put PC or Better on the AD. SACT did since they own his publishing rights now. They did it because they need to make back money on the $15m cost of CD.

Dave Geffen, Interscope, Universal are the ones who ponied up the cash for the album, not Sanctuary.
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2006, 01:22:08 PM »

lol i didnt realize you were censoring things i just read the thread and thought i was posting news. my bad do yer thing dawg

You just called Jarmo "dawg"?!

rofl rofl

I'm loving this thread!

I think Paradise City fits the commercial quite well.  peace
the ending sucks with the PC version. just my opinion...hope they release another version real soon Tongue

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2006, 01:22:48 PM »

lol i didnt realize you were censoring things i just read the thread and thought i was posting news. my bad do yer thing dawg

You just called Jarmo "dawg"?!

rofl rofl

No only Axl calls Jarmo dawg.  Here today gone to Jarmo
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2006, 01:23:57 PM »

Remember Axl joking about how Universal hopes they didn't throw their money in the toilet at one of the shows in San Francisco...

It's pretty pointless to speculate on who did what since we don't know anything about the business side of the band.

If you want to speculate on the band's business, you can do so somewhere else.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2006, 01:24:48 PM »

No references to any other possible versions than the one with Paradise City.

/jarmo

rofl

You do see the irony there?

At least Harley is a decent brand for the band to be associated with. Much better than the gap or some shit. Between the MLB Media deal and this, seems Sanctuary is at least pushing hard for marketing.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2006, 01:26:08 PM »

I think the ad is well-done.  Its just too bad that many on here wont share my enthusiasm:

Gnr are not a corp rock band like aerosmith and bon jovi are, both who sell a lot of their songs to movies. You really want gnr to be viewed as that?

Do you really want to hear gnr songs as stupid gingles for car comericals or cerial comericals? I sure dont. Gnr were NEVER about that, so why start now?

Like I really want to hear a gnr song in some stupid commercial, but that?s the difference between slash and duff and Axl. Axl wants to use the song when it warrants it; slash and duff still want to use the name guns n roses just to make money. You should talk to some Stones or Zeppelin hard-core fans; they hate the fact that their songs are used for stupid car commercials and other commercials.

Ill take Axl over that guy anyday and I hate when Aerosmith or any group I love put their fuckin song in a commercial.

How much money do u need?

It just diminishes everything.

Why do people get so uptight when an artist decides to license their songs to commercials and/or movies? I'm not just referring to anyone from here  because I noticed fans of various bands get all uptight over their favorite band doing it. Why does it bother people so much? Does it make them less credible or what?

For me it's probably because occasionally I hear a song on the radio and then I wonder what commercial the song was in.... People start thinking of the product as soon as they hear the song. Even after the commercial itself isn't on tv anymore.

/jarmo

Haha I was going to post the exact same thing myself Booker.  I remember that discussion and I remember thinking how absurd it was.  Now even though Dave specifically has been caught with his foot in his mouth, he still won't put Axl down or at least admit that it was foolish of him to say that back in the day and he has changed his opinion.  And the fans like us who realize these hypocrisies are the delusional fans. 
Jhestas
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2006, 01:27:50 PM »

This is just getting better and better
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2006, 01:28:32 PM »

Damn, I don't wanna end up thinking of sheep everytime I hear PC.
It is truly an awful commercial, why would a 'cool' motorcycle company wanna be associated with a tedious animal? Who is buying that?

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2006, 01:30:57 PM »

And I guess this missed this post by me right

Not sure what youre trying to say here...

What evidence do you have to prove Axl had no involvement in this?? Or that its necessary to foot the albums cost?? What evidence do you have to even suggest how much Sanctuary (and not a parent company) has spent on it?

No matter what theories you make up to make yourself feel better, the fact is that you criticized others for making money with their publishing rights when thats exactly what Axl did, whether he had involvement in these ads or simply sold away those rights for others to exploit.
Axl sold his publishing rights, which means he has no say in how his songs are used now. As for the album Sact said it cost around 15m.? Now yes that is for all three albums but Sact needs to make that money back. That is why they released teh GHs, to make some of the money back.? You really should read up on your gnr.

As to what am i trying to say here. You dont know what I meant when I said I hope this doesnt mean that gnr are going to start putting their songs in Ads. How much more do I have to spell it out for you?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 01:32:57 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2006, 01:32:06 PM »

I remember that discussion and I remember thinking how absurd it was.?

I don't think you understand what music means to some people.

It's like when a song appears in a commercial or the band becomes the most popular one, some people feel like their song or artist was taken away from them, and they have to share with everybody.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2006, 01:35:31 PM »

Ok, I tried. I give up.

I'll lock this and all other Harley Davidson commercial discussions on this board until the new one premieres.

Because some people can't read or won't even take the time to try to read.

I'm not interested in deleting link after link because some of you are too lazy to read.

Thanks for ruining this thread!

/jarmo

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: