Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 11:21:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227860 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Zodiac?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Zodiac?  (Read 4779 times)
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« on: February 07, 2007, 12:56:27 PM »

If I remember correctly (and I may be completely wrong here, or it may have been part of a rumor that was proven false), there was said to be a CD track called "Zodiac."  On March 2, there's a movie coming out called Zodiac, directed by David Fincher (Seven, Fight Club, The Game, Panic Room).  Any possible connection here?

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 12:59:04 PM »

It was supposed to be on the soundtrack years ago, but seeing as the movie got postponed too I guess it got scrapped. One can hope though, as always.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 01:04:39 PM »

It was supposed to be on the soundtrack?  Or some clown made up a rumour that it was going to be on the soundtrack?  (Just like DVC and Rocky)?

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 01:18:13 PM »

It was supposed to be on the soundtrack?? Or some clown made up a rumour that it was going to be on the soundtrack?? (Just like DVC and Rocky)?

I could be confusing it with the This I Love thing when I come to think about it.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 01:30:47 PM »

just rumor

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 01:56:40 PM »

That would be cool if Guns provided a track on the Old School 2 soundtrack this summer.

I have not heard this anywhere, just commenting I'd like to see it happen.   ok

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 07:25:45 PM »

Boy we could have a whole albums worth of material just from rumored soundtracks from over the years... Ones i remember: DaVinci Code, TCM: The Begining, T3, etc... lol
Donington2007
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 07:29:49 PM »

The Game was made by the same production company as the original WTTJ video. Propaganda Films. The Game is that movie where it says Don't Cry on the wall when Michael Douglas finds that the inside of his house was vandalized.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 08:21:37 PM »

The Game was made by the same production company as the original WTTJ video. Propaganda Films. The Game is that movie where it says Don't Cry on the wall when Michael Douglas finds that the inside of his house was vandalized.

Nice post Donington2007.  The Game was a kick-ass movie and the Don't Cry reference very cool.

I remember thinking Madagascar would have been very cool with DVC, but after seeing the movie, I'm glad that didn't happen.  Good movie, just not good enough for my favorite band's music.  Smiley

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Donington2007
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 10:16:04 PM »

If I remember correctly (and I may be completely wrong here, or it may have been part of a rumor that was proven false), there was said to be a CD track called "Zodiac."  On March 2, there's a movie coming out called Zodiac, directed by David Fincher (Seven, Fight Club, The Game, Panic Room).  Any possible connection here?

Here's another one Mal. The original release date for Zodiac was close to the original release date of CD. Maybe both being delayed is no coinkidinky? Just speculation, but who knows. Not sure if the 'Score' referenced in the article below is different than the soundtrack.

http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/viewarticle.php?articleid=1101

David Shire to score Zodiac

8-Aug-2006 - Veteran composer David Shire has been hired to compose the music for David Fincher's new thriller, Zodiac. The film is based on Robert Graysmith's books about the real life serial killer Zodiac who committed a number of murders in San Francisco during the 1960s and 1970s. The cast includes Jake Gyllenhaal, Robert Downey Jr, Mark Ruffalo, Anthony Edwards, Brian Cox and Dermot Mulroney. It's scheduled to be released by Paramount Pictures on January 19, 2007.

Fittingly, 69-year old David Shire was one of the most prolific and hailed film composers in the 1970s. Among his best known credits from that era are The Conversation, All the President's Men and The Taking of Pelham 1-2-3. His other credits include 2010, Return to Oz, Monkey Shines, The Hindenburg and Short Circuit.

(Source Evolution Music Partners)

http://www.moviemusic.com/soundtrack/zodiac

Zodiac
Soundtrack music by David Shire.
Coming Soon

This product is scheduled to be released on 3/13/2007. We will ship on or before this date if stock is available.

Tracklisting: no tracklisting available
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 10:38:56 PM by Donington2007 » Logged
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 10:49:31 PM »

well if it is a song i can almost hear it now..........Zodiac headscratch  drool

ya know its like before you hear the songs them selves, the song titles just said by its self that it was either kick ass or a ballad or something. Like when i heard the song title Rihad and the bedouins i knew that it would be a hard and heavy song

Zodiac...hmmmm........ i bet it starts out slow then fast then all of a sudden......it ends Cool

sounds cool i hope it exists  Cool smoking drool drool

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2007, 09:18:08 AM »

one can only hope!

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2007, 09:28:22 AM »

well if it is a song i can almost hear it now..........Zodiac headscratch? drool

ya know its like before you hear the songs them selves, the song titles just said by its self that it was either kick ass or a ballad or something. Like when i heard the song title Rihad and the bedouins i knew that it would be a hard and heavy song

Zodiac...hmmmm........ i bet it starts out slow then fast then all of a sudden......it ends Cool

sounds cool i hope it exists? Cool smoking drool drool

You know this post is soooo true!

Zodiac that sounds fuckin' cool...talking about titles COMA, LOCAMOTIVE, ESTRANGED, BREAKDOWN....you just knew these songs were gonna smoke....Oh My God (I fuckin' love that song, I think it just kicks so much ass)

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
axleu
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 11:38:06 AM »

I've heard Guns n' roses will do a new version of the Indiana Jones theme for the next Indy! Steven Spielberg will direct the video!

Axl as Indiana Jones, that will rule!

Fuckin' stupid rumors...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
chineseroses
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2007, 03:49:23 PM »

David Finche directed seven, one of the rumoured tracks on CD is called seven, yet there was no GNR song there.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2007, 06:10:24 PM »

well if it is a song i can almost hear it now..........Zodiac headscratch? drool

sounds cool i hope it exists? Cool smoking drool drool

Zodiac that sounds fuckin' cool...talking about titles COMA, LOCAMOTIVE, ESTRANGED, BREAKDOWN....you just knew these songs were gonna smoke....Oh My God (I fuckin' love that song, I think it just kicks so much ass)

Ohh My God
i can't deny this
i've been tought just to kill it and fight this
bary it deeper where no one can find it
nobody wanted to know

headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger? headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger
headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger  headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger

true dat man yes
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 06:14:18 PM by CHINESE DEMOCRACY eventually » Logged

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2007, 04:21:41 AM »

Since the movie takes place in the 60s and 70s, and GNR didn't start making records until the late 80s.  I doubt there's going to be many of their songs in the flick.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
Donington2007
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2007, 06:00:19 PM »

well if it is a song i can almost hear it now..........Zodiac headscratch  drool

sounds cool i hope it exists  Cool smoking drool drool

Ohh My God
i can't deny this
i've been tought just to kill it and fight this
bary it deeper where no one can find it
nobody wanted to know

headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger  headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger

true dat man yes

they just played the 2005 movie on cable and i never knew that the Cali zodiak killer was never caught. this might be an aspect of the killings that is intriuging to axl.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: