Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 05:57:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Paradise City has *Paradise City*
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paradise City has *Paradise City*  (Read 8388 times)
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2008, 01:56:04 AM »

I don't feel like GNR's stuff is overly used in marketing for other products.  I'm sure they turn down thousands of requests, and seem to be fairly selective.  GTA:SA was a killer game, and a good use of the song. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
suicide
VIP

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2008, 05:56:38 AM »

This is the first time i've ever seen a GNR song on a commercial.. To bad, I liked GNR being a band, not being pasted all over products? no
'Paradise City' is featured in the game and the city where all the action takes place is even called 'Paradise City'.
You know, when I bought GTA I had never heard 'Free Bird' before. Since I really like that song I tried to find out more about it and bought the Lynyrd Skynyrd box.
I'm sure some of the gamers will share this experience if they hear 'Paradise City' in 'Burnout Paradise' or 'Welcome To The Jungle' in 'GTA San Andreas'.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2008, 07:36:40 AM »

Too, It is being played on VH1.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2008, 09:28:51 PM »

This is the first time i've ever seen a GNR song on a commercial.. To bad, I liked GNR being a band, not being pasted all over products  no

guess you forgot about the harley davidson commercials last year, huh?

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2008, 05:41:42 PM »

This is the first time i've ever seen a GNR song on a commercial.. To bad, I liked GNR being a band, not being pasted all over products  no
'Paradise City' is featured in the game and the city where all the action takes place is even called 'Paradise City'.
You know, when I bought GTA I had never heard 'Free Bird' before. Since I really like that song I tried to find out more about it and bought the Lynyrd Skynyrd box.
I'm sure some of the gamers will share this experience if they hear 'Paradise City' in 'Burnout Paradise' or 'Welcome To The Jungle' in 'GTA San Andreas'.

WOW You had never heard Free Bird holy crap! Hey whatever gets a new generation of people into GNR sounds good to me  beer
suicide
VIP

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2008, 08:48:13 AM »

WOW You had never heard Free Bird holy crap! Hey whatever gets a new generation of people into GNR sounds good to me  beer
Yeah well, Lynyrd Skynyrd isn't that popular here. My friends didn't know the song either and we're already 29 - 30 years.

Burnout Paradise will be released next week.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2008, 11:35:27 AM »

guess you forgot about the harley davidson commercials last year, huh?

You forgot, that never aired on TV, didnt you?  Tongue

Plus I forgot about GTA... I dunno, I just prefer not to hear them being used for 30 second product spots...
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2008, 11:10:30 PM »

I think it's been remastered ... sure, that mix is edited together to make the trailer work from a timing standpoint ... but the actual mix sounds a little more punchy.  So they probably EQ'd and compressed it a little Tongue

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2008, 12:04:29 PM »

Did anyone get this game?  I'm thinking of buying it Friday.  It looks pretty sick.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2008, 02:16:54 PM »

Yeah, the game rocks, most racing games have sucked recently, but this one stands out for sure.

Axl is God.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2008, 03:27:24 PM »

didn't see that trailer until now, damn that looks like an awesome game yes
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2008, 08:06:47 AM »

And there's the klux of it, Even Guns n' Fuckin' Roses need fresh meat to buy into 'em. The games market is an obvious one. How's about CD Hero, a game just with Chinese Democracy tracks on it, bonus material on different levels yes

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
HelioGnr
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2008, 12:23:57 PM »

Looks like Slash, along with Sex pistols have been on Lisbon promoting the Game... They also offered a gibson Guitar to the winner of the chalenge...
 I?d like to have been there but I didnt know of it...
Here?s the link... (its in portuguese...)
http://www.ene3.com/archives/021049.html
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2008, 02:38:29 PM »

How's about CD Hero, a game just with Chinese Democracy tracks on it, bonus material on different levels yes

would be great.
You have to pass through a round to get to hear the next song. some will get stuck in the first one forever.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2008, 04:37:50 PM »

How's about CD Hero, a game just with Chinese Democracy tracks on it, bonus material on different levels yes

would be great.
You have to pass through a round to get to hear the next song. some will get stuck in the first one forever.

That would be me, but what an incentive to learn to play the game, don't think I could put up with my cock sure son aged 12 taking the piss though....

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2008, 01:04:29 PM »

would be great.

That would be me, but what an incentive to learn to play the game, don't think I could put up with my cock sure son aged 12 taking the piss though....

What if the game is released prior to the album(s) in any other form. Like a few months earlier.
Only the masters of games like your 12 yr old can hear the new songs. Imagine the agony.  hihi
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: