Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 04:06:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your opinion on...? (a little game)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your opinion on...? (a little game)  (Read 21800 times)
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2008, 02:06:29 PM »

Already been mentioned...ok song..but then again any GN'R track is good
The Blues
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2008, 02:08:27 PM »

Already been mentioned

that doesn't matter in this game as long as it's someone elses opinion and not the same guy answering it again..

now continue someone with the blues as grog mug said
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2008, 02:11:08 PM »

This is obviously turning into a bunch of one sentence posts.

So would you guys please make it somewhat interesting and add a bit to your posts? Instead of just "It's a great song" you could explains a bit about why you think so? Maybe you have a special memory attached to the songs?  Etc etc.

Thanks.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2008, 03:07:09 PM »

The blues is a song I could listen to each minute, each hour.
I gives me a feeling of hope (i do not know why)
The lyrics all seem to be right. and in the right places.
I can relate to many lines of this song.
The piano intro it's very unique.
it's beautiful.

It's a song where I can rest my eyes and think of nothin' or go out of my body and just nothin...
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2008, 07:36:10 PM »

the Blues..Excellent song, when I saw them play Vegas New Years 2000/2001 I felt this was sure to be the song to get them to the top. It reminds me of the Elton John classic "Sad Songs".
\http://www.eltonography.com/songs/sad_songs_say_so_much.html

Sweet Child o' Mine...We all must have a memory linked this CLASSIC..Can a guitar intro ever be so recognized. What a great song to show the vass dimensions of a band.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2008, 07:58:39 PM »

Sweet Child of Mine - classic song.  This was the song that first introduced me to GnR, a long..long time ago.  I thought it was one of the greatest songs I'd ever heard and that GnR were destined to become the next Stones or Zep.   Today, hearing it, doesn't have quite the same feeling, but I still enjoy it, none the less.  Very poetic writing. 

Double Talkin' Jive

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2008, 09:53:49 PM »

dtj, what a great live tune!!!!!  i always wished it had one more verse.  love this song.  the Paris, '92 rant on Warren Beatty was classic.  i identify with the lyrics because I've personally had my head and arm in a garbage can, collecting bottles and cans for extra money.

The Asshole Song

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2008, 11:11:23 PM »

The Asshole Song.

I always wondered if this was an actual song or just something Axl threw together as an intro.  I always loved how Gn'R put so many intros to their songs live, but to me nothing will beat It's Alright as an intro to November Rain, thankfully that made the Live Era cd.  But back to the Asshole song, the underlining music is so beautiful, I hope one day we get a studio recording of the song.  I doubt it'll be on Chinese Democracy or any forthcoming album, but it would be awesome to have as a b-side or whatever.  One can only wonder if it's written after someone, if it has more lyrics, how long it is.  Axl sure is a good piano player.

Think About You

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2008, 11:18:33 PM »

TAY is a song that I've always held highly to me, as I remember it playing during some shitty times for me.

How about, Cornchucker?

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2008, 11:20:31 PM »

The Asshole Song.

I always wondered if this was an actual song or just something Axl threw together as an intro.  I always loved how Gn'R put so many intros to their songs live, but to me nothing will beat It's Alright as an intro to November Rain, thankfully that made the Live Era cd.  But back to the Asshole song, the underlining music is so beautiful, I hope one day we get a studio recording of the song.  I doubt it'll be on Chinese Democracy or any forthcoming album, but it would be awesome to have as a b-side or whatever.  One can only wonder if it's written after someone, if it has more lyrics, how long it is.  Axl sure is a good piano player.

Think About You

Cornchucker , funny song! had to re listen just because I was laughing too much!! I can hear Axl or Duff clearly saying "stick it in 'er ear" i swear somewhere in there I have the demo its hilarious. Very typical GN'R funny song but still rockin lol.

Coma
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2008, 11:39:54 PM »

BO,  Gives me the pleassure, it's a funky song, you can almost dance on it.

Better!

One of my favorites lyrically.....which isn't really easy.... cuz everything that's written in this song happened to me literally word for word.....ironically with the person i used to rock to this very same song at the live shows many times....

locomotive

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
Eclipsed107
VIP

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2008, 01:12:14 AM »

One of my favorites lyrically.....which isn't really easy.... cuz everything that's written in this song happened to me literally word for word.....ironically with the person i used to rock to this very same song at the live shows many times....

locomotive

I'm confused on what you did here, you're supposed to talk about the song above you, not any song in the post?  Anyway, I'll respond to Feel the Burn.

Coma

I remember when I first bought the Illusions and got home to play them, I was looking over the track listing and saw the Coma was the longest song on the discs.  It was the first song I went to play because I had never heard of it and it seemed like it would be an epic.  It surprised me, I was expecting November Rain or Estranged, but was much more pleased with the result.  The song is epic, but it's 100% rock and roll.  The ending is amazing, Axl delivers some of his best vocals and Slash nails the guitar, it's just perfect.  The perfect ending to Use Your Illusion 1.  The perfect ending to any cd, and I'll never forget the first time I listened to it.

Locomotive.. for leatherebel. Smiley

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Kaleigh
Headliner

Fucking Off In G

« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2008, 04:15:59 AM »

Locomotive:  I've related to this song quite a bit, and even though I prefer UYI I over II, songs like this and Breakdown really showed the strong lyrics on that CD.  The whole song is awesome, but I've always ADORED the outro.  I can't really put it into words, but you know what I mean, right?

14 Years

San Francisco, CA 9/21/06
Universal City, CA 12/17/06
Mountain View, CA 10/20/12
Las Vegas, NV 11/24/12
San Francisco, CA 8/9/2016
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2008, 07:06:47 AM »

Great song.:About friendship, love it..Doesn?t sound quite like a GNR song, but still on my top 5 list.

Out ta get me

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2008, 07:17:23 AM »

excellent tune whcih somes up the vibe of appetite for destruction really well. Insane paranoia and a fuck you attititude. I suppose it reflects the recurring theme that axl is new in town (L.A) and is struggling top cope with life and  feels invaded by others around, until he can't take it anymore and cracks the fuck up!

on a presonal note thsi is the first GnR tune i learned to play on guitar because the intro was so easy, same notes a smoke on the water....almost.

mmmmmmmmmm.......something obscure....

it's alright (the black sabbath cover from live era)

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2008, 07:43:50 AM »

A nice happy little song. I heard it before the original and probably like it more. However, the live version loses the guitar solo...

The Garden...

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2008, 10:35:57 AM »

The Garden. Cool song, w/ creepy lyrics.. The video was kind of weak. As though someone took a camcorder through the city. Some cool shots of the band though.. Alice Cooper sounds good in it as well..
So Fine...Never liked it until I saw GN'R play it live..Now I love some of Axl's best sounding vocals..Perhaps because it follows Duff.. Sorry I broke the rules by giving my opinion on the song..Anyone else?
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2008, 02:46:01 PM »

So Fine...Never liked it until I saw GN'R play it live..Now I love some of Axl's best sounding vocals..Perhaps because it follows Duff.. Sorry I broke the rules by giving my opinion on the song..Anyone else?

Considering Duff never wrote many songs solo in GN'R, it's a decent first attempt. It's got some quite emotive lyrics and shows a different side to Duff's personality..............

'You Could Be Mine'

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
Eclipsed107
VIP

« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2008, 03:11:55 PM »

'You Could Be Mine'

You Could Be Mine is a personal favorite.

I'll actually never forget the first time I heard it.  This goes along with the story I just provided up above with Coma.

Ok, so I had Appetite and Lies, but I didn't have the Illusions yet.  I knew some songs off of them, November Rain, Live and Let Die, KOHD, but I didn't know much else off of them.

I remember I was going somewhere with my mom (she was driving, I wasn't of age yet) and the song came on the radio.  I remember liking the drum intro, but when the guitar came in I was shocked.  Listening to it I remember thinking "I have to know who this is and go out and buy this cd!"  It was amazing, so fresh.  Then Axl's vocals kicked in, and I remember saying to myself "oh my god, is this Gn'R?"

I was blown away.  I thought I knew all the hits, but there was this one tremendious song out there calling me in.  Later that week I went out and bought both Illusion albums.  So YCBM will always have a special place in my heart, and it's truly one of my favorite Gn'R songs.  In the UYI mix that I made (that I leave in my car from time to time) it's the opening track, and it's a shame that they never used it as an opening track.  I'd love to hear it as the opening song next time Axl tours with Gn'R.

Right Next Door to Hell

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2008, 04:21:41 PM »

Right Next Door To Hell, this is a song that took a long time for me to enjoy.  Not because it was bad, but there were so many great songs on illusions.  This song is heavy, very bass heavy.  I think now it was a great intro to UY1.  Its sets the stage that this is a different GNR.  Not the Appetite sound.  I love how the drums and guitars build the anticipation.  Then the whole band is joined in.  Axl sounds great on this tune.  Its just a good heavy, kind of metal, sounding song. Sorum really brought a heavy drum sound!    

Rocket Queen
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 04:23:21 PM by Smoking Guns » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: