Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:30:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  (Rumor) Jon E. Love of Love/Hate to replace Robin on tour?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: (Rumor) Jon E. Love of Love/Hate to replace Robin on tour?  (Read 11728 times)
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« on: March 02, 2009, 08:37:43 PM »

On Jizzy Pearl's message board Jon talked about being approached to tour this summer with GNR, but the posts are now deleted

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 08:43:30 PM »

That actually makes sense- wasn't Richard in Love/Hate?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 08:48:57 PM »

That actually makes sense- wasn't Richard in Love/Hate?

I think Richard was in Love Split Love

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 11:20:07 PM »

I don't know the guy, but IF they were going to tour they'd obviously need a replacement and from what Axl's been saying he still considers Robin and all others on CD to be the current members of GNR.  So a temporary replacement would make sense until NIN goes on an extended break.  Not sure it was all meant to happen that way, but if the shoe fits.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 11:31:45 PM »

I thought Adler's Appetite had some members from Love Hate in the band.  Was Corabi in that band?  Every 80's tribute album has one member from the band Love Hate participating on the album.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 11:40:32 PM »

I thought Adler's Appetite had some members from Love Hate in the band.  Was Corabi in that band?  Every 80's tribute album has one member from the band Love Hate participating on the album.
Yeah I'm not necessarily buying this rumor, but I do think it's possible they could be looking for someone to at the least temporarily replace Robin if Buckethead isn't likely to return.  Otherwise we'll be waiting awhile to they hit the road again.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 11:42:07 PM »

Yeah I'm not necessarily buying this rumor, but I do think it's possible they could be looking for someone to at the least temporarily replace Robin if Buckethead isn't likely to return.  Otherwise we'll be waiting awhile to they hit the road again.

Pick Zakk Wylde for a 10 show contract.  That would be badass.
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 12:24:54 AM »

Approached, not signed.  Post was removed.  No one is replacing Robin.  Once NIN is done, he'll be back and the guys will tour.  Let's wait until the NIN/Jane's dates are final, but I think we are looking at late summer/early fall.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 02:10:24 AM »

Not buying this rumor.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 09:47:29 AM »

Not buying this rumor.

same here. when they have nick.

GNRFAN20
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 10:17:59 AM »

Strange his posts on myspace would be deleted off. Kind of like when Nick deleted the video of him saying he was doing stuff with Guns a day later.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 06:49:49 PM »

who knows, maybe one of them have talent? (outside of Corabi, if he was ever in the band, he's a good rocking fucker!)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 07:12:38 PM by Hillel H?tz » Logged

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2009, 06:56:52 PM »

Maybe they removed the thread for the same reason Ron had to clarify the story about Nick Sterling jamming with some GN'R members?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2009, 07:12:43 PM »

Love/Hates original lineup was

Jizzy Pearl on vocals, Jon E Love on guitar, Skid rose on bass and Joey gold on drums

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2009, 07:30:11 PM »

Jizzy Pearl on vocals, Jon E Love on guitar, Skid rose on bass and Joey gold on drums

and how many changes since? hehe

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2009, 09:51:15 PM »

Approached, not signed.  Post was removed.  No one is replacing Robin.  Once NIN is done, he'll be back and the guys will tour.  Let's wait until the NIN/Jane's dates are final, but I think we are looking at late summer/early fall.

why GNR and us ( the fans) have to wait for Robin to finish whatever he has to do?....what about if after he finish he decide not to comeback? Dont get me wrong, love the guy but isnt fair that everybody have to wait on him
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2009, 11:20:41 PM »

and how many changes since? hehe

I knew it! Jizzy Pearl was in both Adler's Appetite and every single 80's tribute ever, including the Appetite for Reconstruction Electronica Album Released in 1999.  Yes, I really did buy that album. 
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2009, 11:27:04 PM »

why GNR and us ( the fans) have to wait for Robin to finish whatever he has to do?....what about if after he finish he decide not to comeback? Dont get me wrong, love the guy but isnt fair that everybody have to wait on him
I hear you.  I certainly hope THAT'S not the reason for the holdup.  No disrespect to Robin, but I'd hate to think his absence is holding the band back.  On the one hand I certainly think things would've gone down differently if he never left, then again I don't think he's a necessity to move on.  Like you said, move on without him for now and if he's ready to come back in later on down the line and both sides are in agreement, then okay.

Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2009, 06:09:33 AM »

I don't think so. I think Guns N' Roses is waiting for Robin himself.

I know some people don't like the idea of GN'R depending of NIN touring but I think it is.

And I think is a good idea...Guns N' Roses have to wait for Robin.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2009, 08:23:03 AM »

So were do Robin's priorities lie?

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: