Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 12:44:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  (Rumor) Ryan Roxie (ex Snakepit) auditioned for Guns N' Roses
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: (Rumor) Ryan Roxie (ex Snakepit) auditioned for Guns N' Roses  (Read 8562 times)
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: March 05, 2009, 02:51:06 PM »

In related news Metal Sludge has learned through the rumor mill that Ryan Roxie (Ex Alice Cooper) auditioned for Robin Fincks vacant spot. Word is that he got a call back for a 2nd day of jamming with the band. Stay tuned.

Metal Sludge
Stadium Sludge

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1774&Itemid=42

Personally I think that the band is still waitin' for Robin to comeback n' this guy just jam with the band, helping with the rehearsals for the upcoming tour (just like Sterling n' the guy from Love/Hate)...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 03:37:41 PM »

Or we could see him on tour as a temporary fill in. I don't see him being the long term replacement though.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 04:29:10 PM »

Ryan also played with Gilby, for what it's worth

libertad
Axlspants
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 06:00:11 PM »

Couldn't gilby,izzy or duff fill in on guitar and bumblefoot play Robins lead parts? I said Duff cos Axl mentioned him playing guitar. That would be pretty cool
R.B. Huckleberry
Opening Act

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 06:13:11 PM »

I think Ryan Roxie could do a great job in GNR. Of the guys rumored, I'd like to see him get it.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 07:51:25 PM »

ryan is amazing, the guy has chops, i love finck, but if ryan had to replace him i think he'd do a stellar job

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeincptxuUE&feature=related

Chinese Democracy!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 08:02:06 PM »

He Toured with Alice Cooper right?

and co-wrote this great song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86f0mgUNyio

html sucks
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 08:04:44 PM »

yeah, he did, i saw him with Alice, and he's pretty cool live. i didn't know he wrote a song for crash diet. they had a cool cd Smiley

Chinese Democracy!
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 09:10:52 PM »

id rather see jon, but ryans cool.

slash hates him, so he'd fit in

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 10:16:15 PM »

Ryan is a top guitar player and is so energetic on stage. Seen him with Alice Cooper a few years ago and he was the most entertaining to watch, besides Alice of course.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 12:22:08 AM »

ryan is amazing, the guy has chops, i love finck, but if ryan had to replace him i think he'd do a stellar job

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeincptxuUE&feature=related

AGREE! I rather have him than Jon E. Love (hate the Love part!)
Chief
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 01:18:51 AM »

He's pretty good.. i've seen him a bunch of times.  Not sure if he would fit with Guns though.. i don't know if he has enough of a signature sound.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2009, 01:54:06 AM »

i'm sorry, but am i the only one who would have a MAJOR problem with a former member of snakepit playing with gnr?  are you kidding?  it's like inviting the enemy into your fortress.  this guy CAN NOT be trusted, period.  for all we know ,he's still friends with slash.  i for one don't want him bringing his cancer into my favorite band.  now when they survived the first time.  anybody who played in snakepit simply can not understand music as complex and meaningful as chinese demcoracy not to mention the technical skill needed to play those songs.  i would be very pissed off if this guy was allowed to join the band.
Lourenco
Rocker

lourencovc.com

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2009, 03:57:41 AM »

i'm sorry, but am i the only one who would have a MAJOR problem with a former member of snakepit playing with gnr?  are you kidding?  it's like inviting the enemy into your fortress.  this guy CAN NOT be trusted, period.  for all we know ,he's still friends with slash.  i for one don't want him bringing his cancer into my favorite band.  now when they survived the first time.  anybody who played in snakepit simply can not understand music as complex and meaningful as chinese demcoracy not to mention the technical skill needed to play those songs.  i would be very pissed off if this guy was allowed to join the band.

This has got to be one of the most retarded posts I've seen in a while! Next thing you know an opening band who opened for VR won't be allowed to open for GN'R!
Are you serious at all!? This guy is one of the best session guitarists out there, and all you're worried about is the fact that he once played in Snakepit!?

It's like telling Axl he shouldn't live/be friends with Beta because she was Dylan's nanny!!! That's just stupid. Sorry.
donaltduck313
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 04:40:50 AM »

met Ryan last year n he is extremely nice guy n great guitarist (have some footage him playing guitar in this Gibson guitarclinic in Helsinki last year), he is guy who truly loves GNR mentioned Appetite several times during this fanmeeting. He did sign me Snakepit unused ticket, tourposter n promocd. I think he is living in Sweden nowadays n has own band there. He would be perfect guy to Guns I think.

d.d.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 04:51:43 AM »

This has got to be one of the most retarded posts I've seen in a while! Next thing you know an opening band who opened for VR won't be allowed to open for GN'R!
Are you serious at all!? This guy is one of the best session guitarists out there, and all you're worried about is the fact that he once played in Snakepit!?

It's like telling Axl he shouldn't live/be friends with Beta because she was Dylan's nanny!!! That's just stupid. Sorry.

He jus can't be truste! Thats it n' thats all! hihi

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2009, 05:07:26 AM »

OMG...Axl Rose WAS friend with Slash too ! Maybe...it means...that...CANCER IS ALREADY SLOWLY DEVELOPING WITHIN THE BAND  !!!!1!!1
OMG...Dizzy Reed was friend with Slash too !
OMG...Axl also invited Izzy to jam during the two last tours !!!11!

That's it...The band is over...Cancer won  no confused nervous

Try to be realistic, man. Do you really think this guy could destroy the band from within when he hasn't played on the album at all, hasn't done any of the three tours, doesn't seem to be a friend of any of the musicians already there etc...?
Oh and talking about skills : don't want to sound like a dick but Robin isn't a particulary skilled guitarist. He has charisma, and is my second favourite member of the band, but if the guy can play Snakepit, he can play Robin's parts without any trouble...
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 08:52:01 AM »

eddie trunk said on his last show that ryan wasn't joining gn'r,  Cry

that can only be considered good news if robin is back, still i doubt that

Chinese Democracy!
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2009, 09:13:57 AM »

The main thing is energy and stage presence. Robin had both. So whoever joins the band better play with a lot of energy and move around. Not stand in one spot the whole show.

The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2009, 03:23:01 PM »

That's a shame...Thought that Ryan Roxie was a good choice for GnR...

Can't wait to see who they pick(ed?).
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: