Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 11:59:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227860 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Zakk Wylde gived credit to GNR songwriting
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Zakk Wylde gived credit to GNR songwriting  (Read 8275 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« on: May 30, 2009, 12:53:49 PM »

?All the bands and musicians I grew up on and loved, like Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix ? it?s their names that are on their songs. That?s the beauty of buying a record by a real artist. Guns N? Roses? Appetite for Destruction was written by Guns N? Roses, not some weak-asses like those lame songwriters for Aerosmith.
full interview: http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/zakk-wylde-527/
gunner22
Rocker

Nicko McBrain > all

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 01:47:42 PM »

Gotta love Zakk. This man speaks the truth.

I SAW THEM - Belo Horizonte, Brazil - March 10th 2010
cineater
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 03:35:46 PM »

Excuse me but GNR covered one of their songs.  Zakk please you're a drunk and sweatheart it's only rock n rock, wasn't meant to be that serious.  Try to have a good time.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 05:29:00 PM »

Excuse me but GNR covered one of their songs.  Zakk please you're a drunk and sweatheart it's only rock n rock, wasn't meant to be that serious.  Try to have a good time.
You should read all that he says about songwriting
Zakk on Songwriting
?I don?t just write lyrics; I write about things that are real to me. Let me tell you something that was hysterical. I was working on Down to Earth with Ozzy and they brought in these professional songwriters. Meanwhile, I?m writing all these songs that later went into Black Label ? like ?Love Reign Down,? with that power riff that Ozzy sounds great singing over it, which was about my mother passing away, and ?Bleed for Me,? which is about God ?

?But what do I know. I guess I?m not a real songwriter, because these guys, I shit you not, decided to write a love song for Ozzy and came up with: ?Girl, you are so pretty/girl, you are so fine/girl, I brought you this flower/girl, would you be mine??

?And Ozz is just sitting there saying nothing, and I?m saying, ?You?re joking, right? Am I getting punked?? The truth is everybody just wants to get their two-cents in, if they?ve earned it or not.

?I laugh when I go into a music store and there?s a title called How to Write Songs. You can?t teach someone how to write a song. Angus Young didn?t read a couple books to learn how to write ?Hells Bells.?

?All the bands and musicians I grew up on and loved, like Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix ? it?s their names that are on their songs. That?s the beauty of buying a record by a real artist. Guns N? Roses? Appetite for Destruction was written by Guns N? Roses, not some weak-asses like those lame songwriters for Aerosmith.

?Aerosmith wrote great songs like ?Dream On? and ?Back in the Saddle? when they were on booze and drugs. Next thing you know, they get sober and bring songwriters in and then it?s the most watered down s***.

?If you can?t write songs you?re just a puppet as phony as Britney Spears and all those boy bands. If you can?t sit behind a piano or pick up a guitar and write a song, then you don?t have any business making records.?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 05:59:39 PM »

He wasn't talking about the old stuff like "Mama Kin" he was talking about all the stuff from about Permanent Vacation on.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 06:00:46 PM »

Zakk Wylde gived credit to GNR songwriting

Isn't it more like zakk throwed discredit on latter day aero.  hihi
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 06:06:30 PM »

Zakk Wylde gived credit to GNR songwriting

Isn't it more like zakk throwed discredit on latter day aero.  hihi
my gived was a typo, missy  Tongue
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 07:23:01 PM »

He wasn't talking about the old stuff like "Mama Kin" he was talking about all the stuff from about Permanent Vacation on.

Exactly, the song Gnr covered was actually written by aerosmith, not some pop songwriters. 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2009, 08:44:26 PM »

Exactly, the song Gnr covered was actually written by aerosmith, not some pop songwriters.

Actually Mama Kin was a Steven Tyler composition written pre-Aerosmith..Sought of like Nov. Rain was written pre-GN'R.
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2009, 12:04:16 AM »

what did he say about chinese democracy?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2009, 12:15:49 AM »

HE SAID HE LOVED IT AND IT FEATURED THE BEST GN'R LINEUP IN HISTORY!

HE ALSO SAID THAT HE'S NOT WORTHY OF LISTENING TO SUCH A PERFECT RECORD OMG!!!!!!!
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2009, 12:18:03 AM »

Says the guy who types like he's hammered...

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2009, 02:18:31 AM »

I don't think guys call other guys sweatheart.  And no I don't drink or do drugs but thanks for noticing.

Aren't you about sick of listening to the whiners?  Of the news media harpping on anything negative and finding shit on every thing they report?  They suck you right in and before you know it they got you at war with people you have no business ragging on. 

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
mECHsLAVE
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2009, 10:01:53 AM »

And ironically, Led Zep we now know really didn't write a lot of their songs which they originally credited to themselves, they just ripped them off. 
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2009, 10:44:40 AM »

gnr had co-writers. West Arkeen etc.

And frankly, my favorite Aerosmith material was done with co-writers. Zakk only made good stuff with Ozzy and his new stuff with Ozzy sucks.

html sucks
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2009, 12:07:58 PM »

Aren't you about sick of listening to the whiners?  Of the news media harpping on anything negative and finding shit on every thing they report?  They suck you right in and before you know it they got you at war with people you have no business ragging on. 

well sorta. Dissing others work doesn't make you a better musician.

But
'Girl, you are so pretty/girl, you are so fine/girl, I brought you this flower/girl, would you be mine?'

is great. never heard of lyrics this nice and simple.  hihi

my gived was a typo, missy  Tongue

I just thinked you finded another clang slang Undecided
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2009, 12:26:09 PM »

Few months since release of Chinese Democracy and Appetite is once again starting to be the most discussed and current GNR album.

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2009, 12:50:53 PM »

gnr had co-writers. West Arkeen etc.

And frankly, my favorite Aerosmith material was done with co-writers. Zakk only made good stuff with Ozzy and his new stuff with Ozzy sucks.

That's not exactly the same though, is it.  West Arkeen was a good friend of the band, basically a part of the guns n roses gang, so that's still cool.  Same for 'Mama Kin', steven tyler is 1/2 of the aerosmith songwriting duo.  With later aerosmith, it was an outside team of songwriters, not at all part of the band or anything. 

One of the things I like about the new guns album is the fact that it was all written by the band themselves.  No professional songwriting team, just various different combinations/permutations which imo leads to a much better record, even if there are no hit singles. 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2009, 03:02:35 PM »

HE ALSO SAID THAT HE'S NOT WORTHY OF LISTENING TO SUCH A PERFECT RECORD OMG!!!!!!!

fucking awesome.  i knew there was something i liked about that guy!

can somebody scan the article? 
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2009, 03:48:42 PM »

I remember that Zakk interview...isnt that the one where he came out of the closet?  Oh yeah and mentioned a collaboration with Fred Durst he was working on? 
The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2009, 03:50:33 PM »

I...think...that...it...was...like..uh...sarcasm.
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2009, 03:51:29 PM »

I remember that Zakk interview...isnt that the one where he came out of the closet?  Oh yeah and mentioned a collaboration with Fred Durst he was working on? 

yeah, it was around when he stopped drinking
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2009, 03:58:28 PM »

yeah, it was around when he stopped drinking

yes! it is the same interview we are all talking about...thank god for blabbermouth.net... hihi
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2009, 04:16:03 PM »

I...think...that...it...was...like..uh...sarcasm.

yeah, of course it was.  i guess it's just impossible for some people to believe that someone could love chinese democracy. 

all the closed-minded people try so hard to rain on the fans' parade. 

No one can make you
Do what they want to
You know you're stronger
Than the lies that they tell you
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2009, 04:52:10 PM »

Undecided
just in case, falungong69 THe Glow is saying bank of America and friends were pulling your leg.

all zakk's comments about cd I've seen are

"What do I think of Chinese Democracy? The wife bought me a copy and it got smashed in my luggage, so I had to fuckin' buy another one. No, Axl didn't send me a copy. But he's a beautiful guy."

edit: to correct the link

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=56067.0
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 10:10:22 AM by ppbebe » Logged
The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2009, 07:28:57 PM »

Yes, I wasn't talking about Zakk.

I love ChiDem   love
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2009, 12:02:08 AM »

bank of America and friends

The newest supergroup.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2009, 07:38:31 AM »

yeah, of course it was.  i guess it's just impossible for some people to believe that someone could love chinese democracy. 

all the closed-minded people try so hard to rain on the fans' parade. 

This has to be one of the funniest misunderstandings i have ever seen!

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2009, 11:33:56 AM »

If would make sense if Zakk actually had good song writing skills.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2009, 12:25:37 PM »

'Girl, you are so pretty/girl, you are so fine/girl, I brought you this flower/girl, would you be mine?'

is great. never heard of lyrics this nice and simple.  hihi

If the World . . .
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2009, 04:41:33 PM »

If the World . . .

you gotta be joking. IF the world even deals with the end of the world and aliens.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=53252.msg1184375#msg1184375
for the details
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2009, 10:13:01 AM »

If the World . . .

you gotta be joking. IF the world even deals with the end of the world and aliens.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=53252.msg1184375#msg1184375
for the details

speaking mainly to the first verse, admittedly not my fav off the CD but I gotta give you your props, you put some thought into it!!! Smiley
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2009, 10:50:43 AM »

Well we all know Zakk is first a lead-guitarist before anything else. He works really well with a lead singer as far as songwriting goes. I admire his appraisal of C.D. What is even more crazy is I can imagine getting rid of all the guitar players on CD and Zakk doing it all. (I'm not implying that the guitar players on CD aren't good. But from where Zakk stands it would of been more of a killer cd if it was Zakk and one other guitar player. (They'd probably be touring already.) lolo rofl
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2009, 05:01:15 PM »

speaking mainly to the first verse, admittedly not my fav off the CD but I gotta give you your props, you put some thought into it!!! Smiley

Why, thanks!  Grin

yea there're too many great songs on cd to decide your fav.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2009, 05:16:23 PM »

I think he is talking from the 80's on up.... Demond Child etc....  Some of those songs are freaking lame as hell.
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2009, 08:35:01 PM »

Cool Appetite mention, but i think pretty weak to call out Aerosmith like that. Not only to get on them for sobering up, but to imply that they became puppets like britney who "can't write songs"?
Take a quick look at Pump, Aerosmith's popular album from that time and you'll see six of nine songs written without outside help. And Zakk's a great guitarist, but to put down Steven Tyler as a songwriter is pretty crazy. There's no comparison.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 08:38:42 PM by Skunk » Logged
Shutupandsing
Opening Act

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2009, 03:17:36 PM »

I think he is talking from the 80's on up.... Demond Child etc....  Some of those songs are freaking lame as hell.

Agreed, please don't mention Desmond Child while I'm eating.
And to put it bluntly,some people have the gift of writing great songs, some simply think they do. The best songs are written by grabbing that writhing gut wrenching feeling and tearing it out by the roots while it's still warm and spreading it out into verses.
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: