Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 10:59:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227860 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Zakk Wylde: "You're Never Going To Have An 'Appetite for Destruction' Again"
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Zakk Wylde: "You're Never Going To Have An 'Appetite for Destruction' Again"  (Read 6947 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: October 14, 2010, 03:48:45 PM »

From an interview published today with Zakk Wylde:

Zakk Wylde puts the pedal to the metal in Black Label Society

October 14, 2010

One of the challenges for bands like Black Label Society is that the chance of one of its songs working itself in the lexicon like "Whole Lotta Love," "Back in Black" or "Welcome to the Jungle" is becoming more remote.

"You're never going to have an 'Appetite for Destruction' again. If it came out now, it would still be great, be an amazing record, but instead of selling 17 million records, it would sell four. I mean, the first day your record comes out, it's gone, that's it. People are downloading it and the whole nine yards. It's gone.

"I don't understand. If there's a new thing with Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones, I'm buying it. I'm not going to download the damn thing. It's not like the album is $6,000. C'mon, man. I don't get it. I go buy it. What are we lookin' at here, man, $14? That it's. For cryin' out loud. We might as well go to a movie theater and sneak in and hopefully we'll be able to steal some popcorn. It's stupid, man."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10287/1094969-388.stm

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 03:53:55 PM »

Actually...there seems to be a kinda new Appetite...

"In an industry of manufactured one hit wonders, Falling Red, have produced quite possibly the most vital Rock album since Guns N Roses delivered Appetite For Destruction"

http://www.rocksins.com/2010/03/falling-red-shake-the-faith-review-4636/

Don't know it yet...but sounds ok !
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 03:58:02 PM »

Actually...there seems to be a kinda new Appetite...

I think he means in terms of sales.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 04:27:06 PM »

You're Never Going To Have An 'Appetite for Destruction' Again"

It`s True, AFD Edited In 1987

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 04:36:21 PM »

agree
people downlaod everything and after they go shopping for clothes for like 100 e a week or go to mcdonals for 15 e whats the point

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 04:38:10 PM »

i rather steal from mcdonals for their shitty food than a album that im gonna have for the rest of my life

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 06:09:56 PM »

I never download albums for free, because they sound like shit.  If the quality is slightly downgraded from the original i cant listen to it.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 06:12:20 PM »

Zakk is the fucking man!!

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 07:24:51 PM »

As great as ITUNES is it is ruining the experience of purchasing an album/CD and finding a hidden gem that initially didn't grab you..
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 07:26:33 PM »

I remember the excitement of stores opening up at midnight for the UTI Set..Now what do people do sit at home on their computers awaiting 1200AM. Technology can really suck the excitement out of things..
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2010, 07:36:30 PM »

Call me old, but some (like myself) are not into waiting in a queue freezing the ass off. IMO things are better now because you can pretty much order anything online and still get the artwork, if you like. Tongue

m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2010, 01:55:30 AM »

Jesus zakk of course people dont buy it cos the world is changing. It happens. Music's value isn't in the product itself anymore.

People never bought albums to "Support the artist"; they bought it for themselves. Thats how capitalism works. Don't act like people in the 80's were better or something.

Just need a new business model or some shit.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2010, 08:07:51 PM »

it's true, Axl, Slash or anyone else will never make an AFD again, ever.
Zakk always says it like it is, i like that.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Gezzy
Headliner

Don't Damn Me

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2010, 08:15:25 PM »

Read some article today about some guy who said to make all albums ?1 to stop piracy, but all that would do is make the artists lose money, people would still download illegally.

Velvet Revolver
23/01/2005
05/06/2007
Guns N' Roses
17/10/10
26/05/12
Thin Lizzy w/ Richard Fortus
02/06/11
Duff McKagan's Loaded
05/11/11
Slash
06/06/12
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2010, 10:45:36 PM »

as far as sales go, eminem is still doing pretty well.
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2010, 02:14:34 AM »

As great as ITUNES is it is ruining the experience of purchasing an album/CD and finding a hidden gem that initially didn't grab you..

I miss the smell and sound of vinyl and staring at the artworks !
Maybe I'm old fashioned but I still prefer buying my records rather than downloading (paid or stolen), heck don't even have an ipod thingy...
Zakk is absolutely right though, as are many many others trying to keep up in this industry...

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2010, 07:35:55 PM »

Albums are not worth the risk of spending hard earned money on these days.

Frankly if i go into a music shop, they are selling albums, past and present for like ?14. No way am i gonna pay that, spesh if i aint heard it.

Sell em ?5 n id be buying them left right n centre. Anytime they have sales of CDS for that price i buy them even if ive already got them in MP3

html sucks
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2010, 08:08:21 PM »

Albums in Europe are pretty expensive I agree Mrlee, but that's the fault of the EU commission and social security taxes and tons of other taxes employers n businesses have to pay... the lower the employment cost is the lower albums cost.
CD price was 11USD at best buy when it was released, here in Belgium it was 27Euro that's more than 3 times as much as the US retail price, don't think the band(s) gets more from it though... a shame...

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2010, 08:46:03 PM »

Frankly if i go into a music shop, they are selling albums, past and present for like ?14. No way am i gonna pay that, spesh if i aint heard it.

Yeah, I rarely buy CDs on shops now, unless they're in a sale. You can get companies selling new copies on Amazon for only a few quid. ok

I know Zakk didn't say this, but I hate it when you hear stuff like "the kids these days don't care about music, they just download it all". How do these people know what all "the kids" do? I buy physical albums legally, thanks very much.

But he's probably right that there isn't going to be another album that sells like AFD etc. did. Undecided

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2010, 09:02:53 PM »

Yeah, I rarely buy CDs on shops now, unless they're in a sale. You can get companies selling new copies on Amazon for only a few quid. ok

I know Zakk didn't say this, but I hate it when you hear stuff like "the kids these days don't care about music, they just download it all". How do these people know what all "the kids" do? I buy physical albums legally, thanks very much.

But he's probably right that there isn't going to be another album that sells like AFD etc. did. Undecided
There will be plenty, and im sure they will all have Simon Cowell behind them.....

html sucks
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: