Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:33:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Zakk Wylde: "You're Never Going To Have An 'Appetite for Destruction' Again"
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Zakk Wylde: "You're Never Going To Have An 'Appetite for Destruction' Again"  (Read 7005 times)
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2010, 02:16:15 AM »

Actually...there seems to be a kinda new Appetite...

"In an industry of manufactured one hit wonders, Falling Red, have produced quite possibly the most vital Rock album since Guns N Roses delivered Appetite For Destruction"

http://www.rocksins.com/2010/03/falling-red-shake-the-faith-review-4636/

Don't know it yet...but sounds ok !

You can't be serious. This is more Crue than Guns. The thing about Guns that was unique is that it didn't sound stale...Falling Red sounds...cheesy?

I wanna get you on your knees, oh baby please?

Guns went far far FAR beyond just Slash's blues guitar work. Axl has/had an IMMENSE sense of lyrical prowess, Duff had a distinct style and Izzy provided so much. The thing about Guns is they weren't trying to be anyone else but Guns. Which is the issue I find with a lot of bands who are inspired by 70's/80's rock. There will NEVER be another Guns N' Roses, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, AC/DC etc... BUT there will also never be another YOU, so be yourself.
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2010, 08:52:31 AM »

There will NEVER be another Guns N' Roses, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, AC/DC etc... BUT there will also never be another YOU, so be yourself.

+1 to that, very true !!!

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2010, 09:39:25 AM »

One point is that there is an unnecessary cost in CDs these days: the CD itself. Its just not that useful anymore when you have all you need in some small device. It's just like what is today - you cant say a mp3 player isnt more easy to use and carry than a bunch of CDs.

I only buy CDs from artists I really like unless they are really really cheap. Even so, what I listen the most are the mp3 from the very same album I ripped. Even with Chinese Democracy - which I still listen every day.

Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2010, 10:14:11 AM »

I'm pretty old school and prefer vinyl and CD's, Problem with mp3 is that it is a serious degradation of CD just as CD's are a degradation in quality over vinyl...
Vinyl is full resolution, CD is compressed or downsized to 16bits and mp3 everything below that in various degradations... try to compare Chinese Democracy on mp3 then CD and then the Vinyl on the same set of speakers and same room... you will be jaw droppingly amazed....

Anyhow people don't listen to music anymore like that only audiophiles do... and I do understand the portability people want these day's...  that's a big discussion in the audio engineering world for years now... our goal is to get the best quality in all format's... (not an easy task but we will get there eventually)...

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
Ismellbetterthanyou
Opening Act

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2010, 12:51:01 PM »

I re-buy some CDs I sold in the past, if they are not too expensive. I only buy new CDs of bands that I love now (GN'R, Cracker, I can't think of another one right now) or soundtracks (scores, not shitty compilations of hit songs, limited expanded editions of OSTs from Jerry Goldsmith,...), I love searching for interesting used CDs in second hand shops. I don't have any MP3 player and I probably never will. I love my Discman dearly (^^), I only feed him a good CD when it's hungry.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2010, 03:53:51 PM »

Vinyl is full resolution, CD is compressed or downsized to 16bits and mp3 everything below that in various degradations... try to compare Chinese Democracy on mp3 then CD and then the Vinyl on the same set of speakers and same room... you will be jaw droppingly amazed....
I don't think that's true. Vinyl has imperfections and distortions that can't represent the original recording as faithful as a CD. There's also an obvious sentimental influence there.

Most people just think it sounds better because the old stereos had a better setup. Also, the more the tracks are scretched by the system, the more the sound gets "deep" (still artificial, tho).

My point is: with a nice encoding or even losless, any digital file can be as good as any CD or Vinyl. At the end of the day, I rather listen to some good quality MP3 and highend earphones because of the overall benefits.

Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2010, 04:24:52 PM »

I don't think that's true. Vinyl has imperfections and distortions that can't represent the original recording as faithful as a CD. There's also an obvious sentimental influence there.

Most people just think it sounds better because the old stereos had a better setup. Also, the more the tracks are scretched by the system, the more the sound gets "deep" (still artificial, tho).

My point is: with a nice encoding or even losless, any digital file can be as good as any CD or Vinyl. At the end of the day, I rather listen to some good quality MP3 and highend earphones because of the overall benefits.

Exactly. The psychological influence makes most people believe that Vinyls are better than CDs. People can love the feeling of having a vinyl as much as they want to, i'm fine with that, but you just can't say that vinyls have higher audio quality than CDs. That's just nonsense!

Voodoo, remember that post I once made about this over at Perfect Crime? I believe I explained this point pretty well...

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2010, 06:30:56 PM »

Of course I remember. From where do you think I got all that? Wink

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: