Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:31:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  (Updates) Hartford, CT, Comcast Theatre 11/19/11
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: (Updates) Hartford, CT, Comcast Theatre 11/19/11  (Read 22393 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2011, 10:15:26 AM »

Bummin' hard.

First show Guns has EVER played in CT and I wasn't there.  I was in Chicago from late Thursday til late Sunday afternoon....for work.

Glad everyone had a great time!

Well not 'Ever', but in forever maybe  Tongue

No, I mean it's the first show they've played in CT that I've not attended.  Every show they've ever done here in CT, I've been in the building...except the one on Saturday night.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2011, 10:39:21 AM »

My review: F--king AWESOME.  Great venue, and the guys just nailed everything...thank you to all involved for the experience of a lifetime (until the next show!!).

added:  Where do these pricks writing reviews for papers sit? Are they even at the same show? The Hartford Republican review said there was a lukewarm reception to ChiDem???  And I dont think anybody cared about the start time (this guy claims Baz "had to fill the time before Guns took the stage"?) as much as they cared about the lines at the concessions - and the speed at which they couldn't seem to pour a beer.

I went and satdown for a little while and this guy behind me was complaining at around 11...  It was pretty annoying...   I'm not sure why people are still surprised about the late start times, it's been going on for 20 years...  I went there prepared to stay up late and was fine with it.  The woman that the guy was with was getting really pissed off at him because he wouldn't shut up about it...
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2011, 11:20:35 AM »

Bummin' hard.

First show Guns has EVER played in CT and I wasn't there.  I was in Chicago from late Thursday til late Sunday afternoon....for work.

Glad everyone had a great time!

Well not 'Ever', but in forever maybe  Tongue

No, I mean it's the first show they've played in CT that I've not attended.  Every show they've ever done here in CT, I've been in the building...except the one on Saturday night.

Opps gotcha  ok
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2011, 12:34:07 PM »

I went and satdown for a little while and this guy behind me was complaining at around 11...  It was pretty annoying...   I'm not sure why people are still surprised about the late start times, it's been going on for 20 years...  I went there prepared to stay up late and was fine with it.  The woman that the guy was with was getting really pissed off at him because he wouldn't shut up about it...
I just don't get why anyone would be upset, unless they sat in their seat/held their breath the whole time...gave just enough time for a beer change (drain/replace)!  I think I sat for maybe 10 minutes before the lights went out - and I was enjoying the cheering every time a roadie walked onstage.

edit - Just remembered, my ticket said 8pm start...doors were around 7:15 I think...that disrespectful, late SOB Sebastian Bach made us wait until 9pm for his show to start. rofl Just read another 'review' that said 'had to leave after 2 songs'...wow - people, cry me F'n river!! lol I drove straight from 12 hrs of work, drank 3 beers, ate a double cheeseburger, saw the greatest concert ever, drove right back to work for a 1 1/2hr nap in my car - and worked another 12! drool I will not mention what I do for work...

Did anyone mention the comment Axl made about (paraphrasing from foggy memory) 'I love Connecticut...you better be nice, I might be one of your neighbors soon' or something to that effect?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 01:00:49 PM by IKnowWhereIAM » Logged

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2011, 01:24:04 PM »

'I love Connecticut...you better be nice, I might be one of your neighbors soon' or something to that effect?

Axl spent a LOT of time here, especially in the summer, growing up.  He has family in Granby.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he bought a house out here, somewhere.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2011, 02:17:42 PM »

I just don't get why anyone would be upset, unless they sat in their seat/held their breath the whole time...gave just enough time for a beer change (drain/replace)!  I think I sat for maybe 10 minutes before the lights went out - and I was enjoying the cheering every time a roadie walked onstage.

edit - Just remembered, my ticket said 8pm start...doors were around 7:15 I think...that disrespectful, late SOB Sebastian Bach made us wait until 9pm for his show to start. rofl Just read another 'review' that said 'had to leave after 2 songs'...wow - people, cry me F'n river!! lol I drove straight from 12 hrs of work, drank 3 beers, ate a double cheeseburger, saw the greatest concert ever, drove right back to work for a 1 1/2hr nap in my car - and worked another 12! drool I will not mention what I do for work...

Did anyone mention the comment Axl made about (paraphrasing from foggy memory) 'I love Connecticut...you better be nice, I might be one of your neighbors soon' or something to that effect?

I actually don't think the guy got there any earlier than I did because his area was empty when I walked in.  He wouldn't shut up though...  It was really annoying, he was the only one around that was complaining. 

Did anyone else see the cross dresser?  That dude was weird...  He was asking the security guard about the restroom...  I didn't hear exactly what he asked but I was wondering which room he'd go to...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2011, 03:11:43 PM »

Guns N' Roses raises a ruckus at Hartford's Comcast Theatre

HARTFORD -- Although their most recent album ?Chinese Democracy? failed to bring political change to China, Guns N' Roses nearly managed to bring anarchy to the Comcast Theatre Saturday night due to their very late arrival at 11:30 p.m.
To bridge the long gap between the actual start of the show and Guns N' Roses arrival, former Skid Row front man Sebastian Bach took the stage to entertain the thousands of fans in attendance.

http://www.masslive.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2011/11/guns_n_roses_raises_a_ruckus_a.html

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #87 on: November 23, 2011, 01:18:16 PM »

This is the crap I am talking about (from that article): Guns N' Roses nearly managed to bring anarchy to the Comcast Theatre Saturday night due to their very late arrival at 11:30 p.m. WTF show was this dick at?  What constitutes anarchy...people quietly complaining that it was late?  There was no 'bullshit' chant, no throwing stuff...anarchy? No.

To bridge the long gap between the actual start of the show and Guns N' Roses arrival, former Skid Row front man Sebastian Bach took the stage to entertain the thousands of fans in attendance.  That 'long gap' is usualy refered to as the 'opening act'...and while my tickets were printed with 8pm start time, and doors were 7:15, the staff was making it clear that "the opening act doesn't go on till 9"

Sebastian Bach performed on stage for about an hour before ending his set at 10:30. The crowd was growing increasingly frustrated that Guns N' Roses had not showed up yet.  Baz announced that GnR were there before 10pm...and where did this hack see this 'frustration'?

The legendary front man Axl Rose, 49, kicked off the night by performing ?Chinese Democracy.? The song received a lukewarm response from the crowd...  The crowd went nuts...what f--king show was this hack at???

The set list certaintly featured a lot of cover songs from some of America?s most talented artists and bands. One their sixth song of the night they sang ?Riff Raff? a 1978 golden oldie by ACDC. The band also performed ?My Generation? by The Who with Tommy Stinson, Guns N' Roses bassist and back up vocalist performing the song, while Axl stepped off the stage for a quick break.  Which of the cover songs were from "America's most talented artists and bands"?  Was it the AC/DC (Originally all Australian - BJ is English replacement for Bonn Scott), The WHO (British), or the pieces of Elton John (British)?

I am convinced that these 'writers', who give the impression that they have to hold their nose to dish even a slight compliment to GnR, are not even at the concerts they are 'reporting' on...or already have their 'article' written before they go...they certainly are not experts in the field of music by any stretch of the imagination.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2011, 12:07:47 PM »

I actually thought the Hartford Courant review was quite fair, compared to the others.  The reviewer made it a point to compliment the BAND, and didn't harp on Slash, etc. not being there.  Said they were more than worthy replacements, or however he phrased it.  No review is going to be 100% supportive, they have to be somewhat critical. 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: