Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:28:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  (Updates) December 7, Covelli Centre @ Youngstown (OH-USA)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: (Updates) December 7, Covelli Centre @ Youngstown (OH-USA)  (Read 23017 times)
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2011, 06:38:57 AM »

thank you! it's perfect!  drool
André Menk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2011, 06:45:41 AM »

Thank You !!!
vortex05
Opening Act

Henshin-a-go-go baby!

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2011, 08:07:41 AM »

I just got home and this will take a couple days of reflection but this just might be the best show I have ever seen.  It's tied in my head right now with the Hammerstein show I saw.  I just saw them a couple weeks ago and Wilkes-Barre and it was nothing like this.  This show blew that one away. Axl was extremely happy and the band was just incredibly tight.  The crowd had some great energy and you can tell the band fed off of it too.  Just a great, great show.
I saw that sign, I was in the lower level seating by the stage. I saw Ron cracking up when he looked at it.
diego
VIP

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2011, 03:07:09 PM »

I?m sorry for you, not sorry for me...
diego
VIP

« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2011, 03:08:44 PM »

I?m sorry for you, not sorry for me...
billsguy
Rocker

« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2011, 03:15:33 PM »

Ok back home in Cleveland.

So I'll try to keep it semi-brief.  First, thanks to bigcash2002, I had front row seats.  Thanks again man, I appreciate it.  Met him and mega_music at BW3 preshow.  Sat at a table with adamsv1999 who informed us that they heard the floor was now general admission for this show.  Announced like 2 hours before the show.  My buddy and I were really bummed bc of our seats, but a GA show obviously can be really fun too.  It just sucked that we actually had such good seats, and they were just like "Sorry, plans changed".  I asked a security guard, who said production changed it last minute because they've had chairs thrown at them before and didn't want to take the chance.  Way to plan ahead production.  That definitely started the night on a sour note.

BLS came on a little after nine and played until about 10:15.  Zakk is amazing, but not knowing most of their music made it tough.  My buddy asked me late in their set if they had already played the current song earlier bc it sounded similar.  Great energy though from the band and used the long solo for a bathroom break.  A lot of people wearing BLS vests on the floor and walking around the arena.

Guns came on around 10:55.  The place was packed for the most part, floor sold out, most sections with people sitting all the way up to back row.  The crowd was impressive, into every song.  Almost every song was a sing-a-long from the floor.  We were 2-3 people back right in front of DJ's microphone.  

Highlights: Axl's voice was top notch.  The band looked very cohesive and comfortable up there, far more than the 2002 and 2006 line-ups.  Axl and DJ's "standoffs" were a sign that they were having fun.  Civil war and estranged were amazing.  Whole lotta rosie surprisingly was great and got the crowd fired up late in the set.  Ron had someone throw blinking blue sunglasses up to him and he wore them for a while.  Some girl in front of us was trying so hard to flash DJ but she was too short so instead everyone around her just kept getting a show.  Also we somehow were catching TONS of bass guitar and drums in the mix for most of the show, but on video it sounded much more normal.  Must have just been a funny spot with the acoustics.

I can't say enough how much fun each member of the band looked like they were having.  Tommy, Axl, DJ, Ron and 4tus especially.

Finally, both my friend and I were VERY impressed by DJ.  This guy knows how to play a rock show.  His stage presence was unbelievable, and he gets the crowd involved with every song.  He's just got "it".  The way he hops on the railing, walks out into the crowd along the hockey rink wall, the way he just looks so genuinely at the crowd all the time.  Don't let go of this guy.  Also, I think he changed his outfit each time Axl did, which I found funny.

Here's a partial Paradise City video that I shot that actually turned out decent, and contains the verse Axl was behind on (coincidence as it's the only video I took all night):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccyIB0p7BMc

I'll post a few pics in the next post.

Overall, other than the ticketing fiasco, GREAT show, better than 2002 and 2006, band looks great, Axl is in shape and sounds great, crowd was awesome.  Thank you GNR!

Mike
billsguy
Rocker

« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2011, 03:35:37 PM »

Blurry but Ron with the blue shades:

One of the only shots I actually got in focus of Axl:

Mike
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2011, 03:50:32 PM »

Posted this in the other Youngstown thread, but it seems more people are discussing the show here so thought I'd put it here instead:

WOW!

Last night was the third (and final) show of the tour for me. I wrote up a huge review/account of the night and I don't wanna type the whole thing again TBH  hihi anyone interested can read it here:

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?pid=216186#p216186

There's pics and an mp3 of Civil War for those interested. I recorded the whole show again and it should be available in the downloads section very soon!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2011, 04:20:25 PM »

Anyone have the final setlist?
Naty-Rose
Rocker

"Don?t you try to stop us now"

« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2011, 05:04:21 PM »

Set
0.Dexter Intro
1.Chinese Democracy
2.Welcome To The Jungle
3.It's So Easy
4.Mr. Brownstone
5.Sorry
6.Shackler's Revenge
7.Estranged
8.Rocket Queen
9.Richard Fortus Guitar Solo (James Bond Theme)
10.Live and Let Die
11.This I Love
12.Sonic Reducer
13.Civil War
14.Dizzy Reed Piano Solo (Baba O'Riley)
15.Street Of Dreams
16.You Could Be Mine
17.DJ Ashba Guitar Solo(Mi Amor)
18.Sweet Child O' Mine
19.Instrumental Jam (Another Brick in the Wall Pt. II)/Axl Rose Piano Solo(Goodbye Yellow Brick Road/? more)
20.November Rain
21.Bumblefoot Guitar Solo(Pink Panther Theme)
22.Don't Cry
23.Whole Lotta Rosie
24.Knockin' On Heaven's Door
25.Nightrain
Encore:
26.Instrumental Jam/Madagascar
27.Instrumental Jam/Better
28.Instrumental Jam/Patience
29.Paradise City

03/22/10 BA, Arg
10/02/11 RIR 2011, Br
10/08/11 La Plata, Arg 10/10/11 Santa F?, Arg
10/12/11 C?rdoba, Arg
10/15/11 Asunci?n, Py
02/24/12 HOB, AC
11/02/12 HRH, LV
11/03/12 HRH, LV
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2011, 05:15:00 PM »

Wow, sets keep getting longer and longer.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2011, 07:01:03 PM »

Setlist: Chinese Democracy, Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Sorry, Shackler's Revenge, Estranged, Rocket Queen, Richard Fortus Guitar Solo (James Bond Theme)/Live And Let Die, This I Love, Civil War, Sonic Reducer, Band Introductions, Dizzy Reed Piano Solo (Baba O'Riley)/Street Of Dreams, You Could Be Mine, Dj Ashba Guitar Solo (Ballad Of Death)/Sweet Child O' Mine, Jam (The Lemon Song/Another Brick In The Wall: Part 2)/Axl Piano Solo (Gran Torino/Someone Saved My Life Tonight/Yellow Brick Road)/November Rain, Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Pink Panther), Don't Cry, Whole Lotta Rosie, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Nightrain

Encore: Jam/Madagascar, Better, Jam/Patience, Jam/Paradise City

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 07:08:16 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2011, 07:55:26 PM »

http://soundcloud.com/gnrbootlegs/guns-n-roses-civil-war-covelli  love

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
vortex05
Opening Act

Henshin-a-go-go baby!

« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2011, 09:23:56 PM »

http://youtu.be/o5rbTiudUuk
A video of Jungle I made on my phone.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 12:36:55 AM by vortex05 » Logged
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2011, 10:23:31 PM »

That is excellent clip, I hope we get a soundboard of the whole show!!

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2011, 10:25:29 PM »

Damn where to begin this was my 4th time going to see Guns and by far the best experience I have had. My wife nephew and I went to BW3's before the show and it was great to see so many Guns fans out and about. I had the chance to meet BillsGuy and meet up with BigCash2002, who lucky was not the craigslist killer! At BW3's we got the word that it was rumored  the Covelli Centre changed the floor to GA so we all left BW's pretty quickly. We get to the venue and find out the rumor was true and we were out of luck with our kick ass front row seats. Luckily my group and BigCash2002 was able to get against the railing to the far left of the stage.

BLS kicked things off and god damn their set was loud! I am not very familiar with their music but it was truly guitar driven. Zakk put on easily a ten minute guitar solo which seemed like it would never end. DJ and Richard was spotted next to the stage watching the performance. Then Dizzy came out beside the stage to watch a few minutes of the opener. I got the chance to congratulate him on the Rock Hall and he smiled and gave a tip of his coffee cup. BLS was a great opener for a rock show and it set the tone of the night. I didn't notice anything negative from the crowd about them and a positive no boos were heard.

The venue was getting pretty damn full between the bands. Yes there was some empty seats but most sections were pretty full. This was a fairly small venue compared to others and I would guess maybe 7000 or so fans in attendance. The open floor was about the only place I noticed any open areas. There is no better feeling in the world to look back before Guns and see a sea of people all sporting GnR gear waiting for the greatest band in the world.

As soon as the house lights went down and the Dexter theme started we were all treated to a kick ass non stop 3 hour experience. I won't go into every detail about the show since it was similar to most on this tour however I'll post some of my highlights.
- Axl's vocals are amazing! He can still hit the notes and has the rasp. The videos don't prove how good he actually sounds live.

- DJ is the perfect, long missing part of this band. I hope he is here for the long ride.

-You can see the bands chemistry coming together and every member looks to be having a great time. They are finally getting their identity as a band.

- Bumble and Richard are also amazing at what they do even if some just want to bitch about a missed note or sound. They bring 110% to the show.

-During Paradise Axl's whistle would  not blow. He said ?Piece of Shit? and thew it into the crowd.

-I had a sign that read Congrats Rock Hall and Azoff's A Jack-Off. Band members gave us thumbs up and even gave Bumble and Axl a laugh with the Azoff sign. Thanks for who ever posted this idea before the tour started. It was all I could do since I didn't get any inflatable dolphins.

Songs of the night:
Nigh Train and Brownstone kick major ass by this group.  Estranged and Civil War were both beautiful and I really got into Whole Lotta Rosie, which has to be seen live to understand! Sorry was also a great jam. I did notice not many people in my area knew much of the lyrics to Chinese songs but let's hope after this tour more people are drawn into the album.

I won't go into any more details because it would be the same thing with every review. I am just blown away yet again by this band and I can not wait for them to tour the states again. Let's just hope it's not another 5 years for us to experience this show again. I am really kicking my own ass for not throwing down the money to also go to Cincy a week ago. If anyone on the boards still have a chance to go see this lineup do not pass it up. They are on fucking fire and you will be treated to a great Rock N Roll show.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2011, 10:26:47 PM »

I will try to post a few of the many pics I was able to grab. If you want some more just let me know!

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
vortex05
Opening Act

Henshin-a-go-go baby!

« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2011, 12:40:19 AM »

Damn where to begin this was my 4th time going to see Guns and by far the best experience I have had. My wife nephew and I went to BW3's before the show and it was great to see so many Guns fans out and about. I had the chance to meet BillsGuy and meet up with BigCash2002, who lucky was not the craigslist killer! At BW3's we got the word that it was rumored  the Covelli Centre changed the floor to GA so we all left BW's pretty quickly. We get to the venue and find out the rumor was true and we were out of luck with our kick ass front row seats. Luckily my group and BigCash2002 was able to get against the railing to the far left of the stage.

BLS kicked things off and god damn their set was loud! I am not very familiar with their music but it was truly guitar driven. Zakk put on easily a ten minute guitar solo which seemed like it would never end. DJ and Richard was spotted next to the stage watching the performance. Then Dizzy came out beside the stage to watch a few minutes of the opener. I got the chance to congratulate him on the Rock Hall and he smiled and gave a tip of his coffee cup. BLS was a great opener for a rock show and it set the tone of the night. I didn't notice anything negative from the crowd about them and a positive no boos were heard.

The venue was getting pretty damn full between the bands. Yes there was some empty seats but most sections were pretty full. This was a fairly small venue compared to others and I would guess maybe 7000 or so fans in attendance. The open floor was about the only place I noticed any open areas. There is no better feeling in the world to look back before Guns and see a sea of people all sporting GnR gear waiting for the greatest band in the world.

As soon as the house lights went down and the Dexter theme started we were all treated to a kick ass non stop 3 hour experience. I won't go into every detail about the show since it was similar to most on this tour however I'll post some of my highlights.
- Axl's vocals are amazing! He can still hit the notes and has the rasp. The videos don't prove how good he actually sounds live.

- DJ is the perfect, long missing part of this band. I hope he is here for the long ride.

-You can see the bands chemistry coming together and every member looks to be having a great time. They are finally getting their identity as a band.

- Bumble and Richard are also amazing at what they do even if some just want to bitch about a missed note or sound. They bring 110% to the show.

-During Paradise Axl's whistle would  not blow. He said ?Piece of Shit? and thew it into the crowd.

-I had a sign that read Congrats Rock Hall and Azoff's A Jack-Off. Band members gave us thumbs up and even gave Bumble and Axl a laugh with the Azoff sign. Thanks for who ever posted this idea before the tour started. It was all I could do since I didn't get any inflatable dolphins.

Songs of the night:
Nigh Train and Brownstone kick major ass by this group.  Estranged and Civil War were both beautiful and I really got into Whole Lotta Rosie, which has to be seen live to understand! Sorry was also a great jam. I did notice not many people in my area knew much of the lyrics to Chinese songs but let's hope after this tour more people are drawn into the album.

I won't go into any more details because it would be the same thing with every review. I am just blown away yet again by this band and I can not wait for them to tour the states again. Let's just hope it's not another 5 years for us to experience this show again. I am really kicking my own ass for not throwing down the money to also go to Cincy a week ago. If anyone on the boards still have a chance to go see this lineup do not pass it up. They are on fucking fire and you will be treated to a great Rock N Roll show.
Perfect way to review the night. I really can not add much more to this except that this is my 3rd time seeing GNR. The previous times were each in Cleveland in 2002 and 2006 and this one was clearly the best. I hope they do Youngstown again it is a great venue. I took a few videos like the Jungle one I already posted in the topic and will post others once uploaded.
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2011, 02:59:10 AM »

During Paradise Axl's whistle would  not blow. He said ?Piece of Shit? and thew it into the crowd.

LOL

rofl

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2011, 01:33:19 PM »

During Paradise Axl's whistle would  not blow. He said ?Piece of Shit? and thew it into the crowd.

LOL

rofl
Fucking hell, I dreamt on Wednesday night that one of the teccies that work on the shows substituted the regular sounding whistle for a Gazoo (sp?) sounding one as a prank.... Close, and was it a prank? I'd have thought it was a "standard" test to make sure the whistle work whilst setting up the stage.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: