Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:01:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  (Updates & Discussion) Las Vegas, NV 12/31/11
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: (Updates & Discussion) Las Vegas, NV 12/31/11  (Read 20794 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2012, 01:38:00 PM »

I wish I knew how to get any of the iclips pro shot shows! I bought me what they call "THE ULTIMATE MAC" but i dont do much with it. Im sure someone here can let us know. Or maybe GNR surprises us with a Blu-Ray concert! lol
Well, about what was the better show... Its usually whateva show we attend! Bias...
Out of the 5 this year, I liked Hartford alot for some reason. They sang nice boys on that day...

That must have been cool hearing nice boys. Yea and you are probably right regarding a bias to whatever show people were at. I thought I was reading that maybe DJ had an issue during Sweet child and I don't know. Just seemed this GNR show on the 31st was just so perfect. Now I was a little drunk and maybe I had a couple firecracker edibles but my mouth was open at what I was seeing and hearing from these boys. Like it was a statement on display. Just awesome. I want a blu ray bad to man.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2012, 08:41:58 PM »

These were the BEST 2 shows I've ever experienced!!!  First of all, the Hard Rock Hotel ROCKS and I want to move in!!! It's like a rock n roll museum and they play rock music all day and all night!  Definitely my kind of place!  We saw the band walking around...partying/gambling/hanging out the whole weekend!  Where else do you see that?  I also loved how lax the security was at the Joint.  We got to smoke and drink throughout the whole show...and the best part was-there were cocktail waitresses between the rail and the band that took orders and served cocktails between sets!  Since I was lucky enough to be on the rail...I can't tell you how much I appreciated this!  beer smoking

Adelita's Way-I thought was really good.  Pleasantly surprised.

Baz-although I usually love seeing baz, I'm kinda over it. Especially since he said the same, exact "memorized, canned" speech throughout the night BOTH nights in a row!  Really Baz?  Like the same people aren't coming both nights? Super cheesy!!!

Gnr-fucking awesome! And overwhelmingly so! Amazing to hear 'civil war' for the first time and amazing to hear 'estranged' a fifth time! And all the other songs...I have no idea how many times (I've lost count).  But each show, it's like hearing it all for the first time!  It takes me on such an emotional roller coaster ride!   I never notice the crowd, if their lame or not, because I am so into the show and into a zone, rocking out so hard, it just 'don't really matter!' 

I feel so lucky to have been able to go to vegas and see them 2 nights in a row, on New Years...and spend the weekend with my HTGTH friends...jarmo, efish, cotis, mr. brownstone, redman, evita, axlrosegnr, rhiad, leatherrebel..had an absolute blast with all of you!!!!  You guys all made my experience so awesome and memorable...I will never forget this weekend.  Grin Thank-you guys!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 11:24:55 PM by sexkitten » Logged
Annie
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2012, 02:21:47 PM »

I thought it was really sweet when Baz brought  his beautiful girlfriend on stage. He just has alot of enthusiasm. And he still has a great mane and powerful vocals. And it's not fair sexkitten that you got to smoke and drink throughout the whole show and I was forbidden to bring in my Advil! rant hihi smoking crying
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 02:23:38 PM by Lumen » Logged
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2012, 02:32:39 PM »

Man, I wish I could have at least said hello to some of you who were also there. Never did meet Jarmo either. I guess I never got the memo.

sexkitten I know just what you mean about the songs GNR played was "like hearing it all for the first time." I have been replaying the show in mind ever since and I can't get over how punchy the Appetite songs sounded. I really think they sounded better Saturday night, then they do on Appetite! Absolutely amazing concert. Its killing me that there isn't a pro shot available for download from New Year's.

Jbat81
Rocker

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2012, 03:41:08 PM »

Countdown onto This I Love "1/1/2012"  ok
I was already feeling the alcohol so keep that in mind lol. My cousin decided to be the designated driver but we did'nt rent a car in Vegas. Yeah, I know...lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi5nzRBQyW4&context=C300bd96ADOEgsToPDskJygejodTyKxCoRybFHJoXd

5-14-06 NY
5-15-06 NY
11-08-06 MA
11-17-11 NJ
11-19-11 CT
11-25-11 MA
12-30-11 NV
12-31-11 NV
2-10-12 NY
2-12-12 NY
2-15-12 NY
4-8-16 NV
4-9-16 NV
7-19-16 MA
7-20-16 MA
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2012, 10:31:17 PM »

Awesome Jbat! This was a great moment.

russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2012, 11:08:53 PM »

I agree with Budda, I keep replaying the concert in my head and it was just fantastic. I see the stage and the crowd and hear the full sound. What a great experience.  The sound was excellent and Axl's voice was better than on 12.30 IMO. The whole thing was just magical. I wish it had never ended.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Jbat81
Rocker

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2012, 11:20:41 PM »

Awesome Jbat! This was a great moment.

it was! I knew u will like this vid. havent seen many from the 31st...

I agree with Budda, I keep replaying the concert in my head and it was just fantastic. I see the stage and the crowd and hear the full sound. What a great experience.  The sound was excellent and Axl's voice was better than on 12.30 IMO. The whole thing was just magical. I wish it had never ended.

maybe the 31st was better. But, I tend to go with the first once cuz is kinda the "element of surprise"! Sorry I went Army on you lol

5-14-06 NY
5-15-06 NY
11-08-06 MA
11-17-11 NJ
11-19-11 CT
11-25-11 MA
12-30-11 NV
12-31-11 NV
2-10-12 NY
2-12-12 NY
2-15-12 NY
4-8-16 NV
4-9-16 NV
7-19-16 MA
7-20-16 MA
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2012, 11:29:48 PM »

I thought it was really sweet when Baz brought  his beautiful girlfriend on stage. He just has alot of enthusiasm. And he still has a great mane and powerful vocals. And it's not fair sexkitten that you got to smoke and drink throughout the whole show and I was forbidden to bring in my Advil! rant hihi smoking crying

LMAO!!!  yeah, that's crazy you got advil taken away...Thats so LAME!!!  Annie, we were all looking for both you and Buddhamaster! I was dying to meet both of you. 
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2012, 11:33:10 PM »

Man, I wish I could have at least said hello to some of you who were also there. Never did meet Jarmo either. I guess I never got the memo.

sexkitten I know just what you mean about the songs GNR played was "like hearing it all for the first time." I have been replaying the show in mind ever since and I can't get over how punchy the Appetite songs sounded. I really think they sounded better Saturday night, then they do on Appetite! Absolutely amazing concert. Its killing me that there isn't a pro shot available for download from New Year's.

Buddha, I was dying to meet you!  You're one of my favorite posters...funny as hell.  Were you on the floor both nights?  We all basically pre-partied at the center bar in the HR.

They were definitely having technical difficulties on the 30th.  I agree, the 31st show sounded so unbelievable!  Someone's got to have a pro shot of new years eve.  Cotis?Huh
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 11:35:28 PM by sexkitten » Logged
Jbat81
Rocker

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2012, 11:53:25 PM »

My "This i Love" video was 1080p. Pretty close to pro-shot. But it was more like drunk-shot lol sorry....
I still think the 30th was "better". Maybe I was too drunk to notice the tech diff...

5-14-06 NY
5-15-06 NY
11-08-06 MA
11-17-11 NJ
11-19-11 CT
11-25-11 MA
12-30-11 NV
12-31-11 NV
2-10-12 NY
2-12-12 NY
2-15-12 NY
4-8-16 NV
4-9-16 NV
7-19-16 MA
7-20-16 MA
Annie
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2012, 12:03:12 AM »

LMAO!!!  yeah, that's crazy you got advil taken away...Thats so LAME!!!  Annie, we were all looking for both you and Buddhamaster! I was dying to meet both of you. 
I wanted to meet you guys as well. I was just very, very tired. I had the flu the week before Christmas and I had to work the day before the trip. I had to get up at 5AM to make my flight to las Vegas. I was going to take a nap when I arrived but I was so excited after I checked in that I went out on the strip. I came back to the Hard ROCK and went to take a 5 minute rest and slept for 3 hours and woke up in a panic at 8:30 pm! I was supposed to get a better phone for Christmas with internet but it didn't happen.it's partly my fault for going to Navy Pier on Wed to get tinsel in my hair, but I got so many compliments it was worth it.

Saturday I went to see the ELVIS show and came back to the hotel and got ready and went to the concert. I did get to give Jarmo a hug at Starbuck's. I was so exhausted after the show I just went back to my room and collapsed. Alot of guys were pawing me so I had to get away. hihi And getting my Advil taken away did not help matters. Ladies you know what I mean. hihi
But meeting Mike Roche my tattoo artist was amazing. His mentor tattooed one of my heroines Angelina Jolie. I will try and post a pic of Axl ROSE STITCH with help from my friend Isabel.

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2012, 01:51:52 AM »

I just went to the new years show. I just got to hang out with axlrosegnr and ray (don't remember his name here). Axlrosegnr is my herO and ray is a cool dude but would have loved meeting the rest of you. I made a lot of edibles for people and wound up not being able to share much. I wound up eating way more then what would probably be considered sane and uh... Fuck I realized during "sorry" that i was in pepper land. The show really was magic.

Jbat81
Rocker

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2012, 02:08:48 AM »

I just went to the new years show. I just got to hang out with axlrosegnr and ray (don't remember his name here). Axlrosegnr is my herO and ray is a cool dude but would have loved meeting the rest of you. I made a lot of edibles for people and wound up not being able to share much. I wound up eating way more then what would probably be considered sane and uh... Fuck I realized during "sorry" that i was in pepper land. The show really was magic.

damn... I could've used some "food"  yes

5-14-06 NY
5-15-06 NY
11-08-06 MA
11-17-11 NJ
11-19-11 CT
11-25-11 MA
12-30-11 NV
12-31-11 NV
2-10-12 NY
2-12-12 NY
2-15-12 NY
4-8-16 NV
4-9-16 NV
7-19-16 MA
7-20-16 MA
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2012, 11:00:30 AM »

I enjoyed the Vegas show a little more than LA simply for he fact that the CD-jungle-Easy-MB combo was more intense and tight.
Both shows are just out of this world.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2012, 11:07:52 AM »

Hahaha, you are a very good chef Smiley

Axl is God.
badapplex
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2012, 11:51:01 AM »

Hey, Buddha.This is me (Ray).I totally agree about the show.Pure magic.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2012, 12:06:54 PM »

Ray you are a cool motherfucker. Your Batman tat is like engraved in my mind. Awesome artwork man.

badapplex
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2012, 01:05:49 PM »

Ha Ha.Thanks, Dude.You are awesome,as well.I hope to see GNR again in 2012.I live between San Diego and LA (San Juan Capistrano),so when they play again,we'll definitely meet up.
badapplex
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2012, 01:07:45 PM »

P.S. The Batman tatoo is from a drawing by Joe Maduiera,one of my favorites.Here's a pic of it ..

http://blackstrips.blogspot.com/2011/11/batman-par-joe-madureira.html
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: