Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 11:07:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227919 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [Updates] August 3rd, 2016 Arlington, TX @ AT&T Stadium
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Updates] August 3rd, 2016 Arlington, TX @ AT&T Stadium  (Read 22473 times)
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2016, 11:21:44 PM »

One more thing: I saw VR in January 2008 at HOB-Dallas. It was obvious that no one was happy and Duff seemed to be downright pissed off. I said to my friend after the show that something was wrong. Two months later the band broke up. The point is that if discord is going on in the band it is hard to hide it onstage, and I did not see any overt signs of unhappiness or discord at the Arlington show. The critics are just making stuff up, maybe to boost readership or something.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #81 on: August 05, 2016, 06:45:34 AM »

I don't know what these critic and i use that term loosely are expecting. It's a big stage, do they expect them to be huddled next to eachother all night singing kumbaya?

I've read a few critics saying that, including a few guys from Rolling Stone. I was listening to their podcast and one of them was very skeptical about the band's relationship. He thought they were too bureaucratic, no interaction...
He said other bad things too. They went to Metlife.

I think the word he should be looking for is "professional".  They're up there on a freaking mission. They're playing a 2 hour and 40+ minute set, and they are having enough trouble wedging in all the material they want to play. Do they wanna watch a 3 way circle jerk in place of one of the solos?  I just don't get it. 

And, if he'd stuck around to watch the curtain call, maybe he would have seen the shared smiles, an arm around Slash's shoulder as they walked off, and the interaction they craved.  From what I've seen, in pics and in vids and live...their interaction seems to be the Marvel Movies post credit bonus.

And I say again "tickle, tickle".  You do not do that to a guy you dislike.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2016, 07:44:46 AM »

From everything we know about Axl ... This whole tour would not have happened unless he wanted him up there with him.

These people who want them draped all over each other for the entire show are delusional.

They might not be best friends but they never were. They are business partners who repaired their relationship and it appears to be just fine from a distance.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Yesterday
Rocker

"It seems like forever and a day....."

« Reply #83 on: August 05, 2016, 09:14:49 AM »

I wouldn't take anything written in Rolling Stone to seriously.  It no longer holds the cred it once did.  I'm not even talking about the campus rape, (made up)story.  It's a joke that magazine now. Also, as well as the shows are being reviewed there will always be the naysayers and idiots printing lies.  Just enjoy it. 

Also so what if there is little interaction, it a big stage and by the way there was never much interaction back in the day or the nu gn'r era either.

Just sit back and soak it in, I don't think the band is worried about it. Besides, do you think future dates are being planned because they hate each other?

Time just fades the pages in my book of memories...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #84 on: August 05, 2016, 09:29:28 AM »

For one thing, we should consider that:

- to proper write a review you should know at least some backstory. To be surprised that Slash plays The Godfather Theme is quite idiotic, for example;
- the journalist should not have any prejudice. You can't judge a hard rock band if you dislike rock in general;
- the journalist should not have a scripted review. Thats somewhat related to the previous, but anyways. It happens a lot.

We all should also consider that these local critics write for the average reader, not the GNR fan or even the casual fan. The lack of interaction may not be something noteworthy to us because we all know how it was back then, because we saw hundreds of bootlegs and DVDs.

Problem is: does this affect in any way the performance? I dont believe so. Even through Periscopes the band sounds tight and rocking hard.

Axl was even joking with Slash prior to PC. He made a joke that he tuned Slash's guitar and that's why it was out of tune. Of course no review mentioned that light hearted moment. These critics go into the show knowing they're gonna rip a band apart already and write whatever they want.
They probably didnt saw that. Safe to say that half the critics leave the venue before the show ends. Its just the way it is.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2016, 09:38:06 AM »

I wouldn't take anything written in Rolling Stone to seriously.  It no longer holds the cred it once did.  I'm not even talking about the campus rape, (made up)story.  It's a joke that magazine now. Also, as well as the shows are being reviewed there will always be the naysayers and idiots printing lies.  Just enjoy it. 

Also so what if there is little interaction, it a big stage and by the way there was never much interaction back in the day or the nu gn'r era either.

Just sit back and soak it in, I don't think the band is worried about it. Besides, do you think future dates are being planned because they hate each other?

Reviews are pretty much just opinions.   Hopefully people trust certain reviewers for there opinions on things and read there material

If people here are praising good reviews, they should also be open to reading negative ones

The only review for a concert that should matter,  is that of your own after attending.....

This band is not like some unknown movie, that you base seeing it, off of a review from a source you trust (The Internet, haha)

This is your fav band in the world or a band you know lots about, just go see them and judge them for yourself

gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2016, 09:56:20 AM »

Couple of reviews.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/music/guns-n-roses-were-on-good-behavior-for-their-atandt-stadium-reunion-8560969

http://www.dfw.com/2016/08/04/1125794_guns-n-roses-brings-concert-of.html

The guy from the Observer i literally want to reach through my computer and slap. Why do they have to focus on negative things that don't even exist! Axl and Slash are getting along just fine and we've seen plenty of evidence of it at these shows.

These reviews are written by morons who do not know their business.  IDIOTS.

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2016, 10:01:59 AM »

Even back in the day, was there really a lot of frivolity and joking around on stage?  Not really.

To be perfectly honest, the absence of any griping or shit body language from Axl is all I need to see.  Can't ever recall him so happy looking on stage, ever.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2016, 10:09:54 AM »

Even back in the day, was there really a lot of frivolity and joking around on stage?  Not really.

To be perfectly honest, the absence of any griping or shit body language from Axl is all I need to see.  Can't ever recall him so happy looking on stage, ever.

80% of the band was loaded back in the day on stage

I have a good feeling these days they are not, for the most part.

So being sober in front of a lot of people is a little overwhelming for a lot of people.

Slash has always said his hair, and the booze where to over come his shyness......

I do miss Axls rants, I miss his stories on stage.   Perhaps when the band isn't under such tight time constraints we will se more of that

As for reviews, if you read and post positive ones about concerts, read and post negative ones as well....   

Or be like me and not care one second what any reviewer or fan thinks of the concert.   
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #89 on: August 05, 2016, 06:27:19 PM »

Cool review...60000 people were there

http://www.dallasobserver.com/music/guns-n-roses-were-on-good-behavior-for-their-atandt-stadium-reunion-8560969
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2016, 06:53:07 PM »

That's the bad review we're all talking about. At least they fixed the attendance number though Originally that one said about 35,000. There was no way in hell there were 25,000 empty seats. A few thousand at most. 60,000 sounds accurate.
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: August 06, 2016, 06:29:31 AM »

Any videos of Arlington's "Sorry"?

Here we go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0qrEcMrEho
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: