Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 11:57:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227903 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2011 Season
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2011 Season  (Read 142221 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #740 on: March 16, 2012, 11:36:58 AM »

Fuck!!  As a Raider fan I am obviously not thrilled about this, at the same time, what does he have left in the tank?  Can he hold up in a regular season?  How will he react to that first big hit?  Lots of questions still to be answered, but I would be way more comfortable with him in Arizona or Tennessee.

People on the plane supposedly are saying Miami has been told they are out, and Arizona has either been told they're out, or are about to be told.

Apparently their deadline with Kolb is today (or tomorrow?).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #741 on: March 16, 2012, 11:40:27 AM »

Fuck!!  As a Raider fan I am obviously not thrilled about this, at the same time, what does he have left in the tank?  Can he hold up in a regular season?  How will he react to that first big hit?  Lots of questions still to be answered, but I would be way more comfortable with him in Arizona or Tennessee.

People on the plane supposedly are saying Miami has been told they are out, and Arizona has either been told they're out, or are about to be told.

Apparently their deadline with Kolb is today (or tomorrow?).

I'd say it's Denver or Tennessee

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #742 on: March 16, 2012, 02:25:38 PM »

I'd say it's Denver or Tennessee

I think thats pretty safe to say at this point.

Cardinals are screwed it would seem
49ers are a WR and G away from a superbowl
Seahawks might get their QB this year.if so they will be in the wildcard hunt
Rams will go 7-9, but are headed in a much better direction

My NFC West thoughts thus far

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #743 on: March 16, 2012, 03:12:27 PM »

OK, maybe I spoke too soon...BREAKING NEWS!: 49ers emerge as mystery third team in race for Manning!

I swear the Niners have been keeping me pretty damn entertained this offseason...we are the "long-shot" team in the mix, but hey we are in the hunt so you never know.    smoking

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #744 on: March 18, 2012, 12:21:17 PM »

How the hell did the Pats get Brandon Lloyd for only $12 million over 3 years?
Honestly, I thought he'd be getting more $$$ than that.  That looks like a steal to me.

btw, Niners grab Manningham...Crabtree-Randy Moss-Manningham-Verbon Davis!!!!!!!!!!!  Holy SHITE!!!
Peyton would be crazy not to go to the Niners.  If Peyton goes to San Fran (or should I say Santa Clara) I think they'd be the odds-on NFC favorite.
Congrats Coop!

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #745 on: March 18, 2012, 01:20:55 PM »

How the hell did the Pats get Brandon Lloyd for only $12 million over 3 years?
Honestly, I thought he'd be getting more $$$ than that.  That looks like a steal to me.

btw, Niners grab Manningham...Crabtree-Randy Moss-Manningham-Verbon Davis!!!!!!!!!!!  Holy SHITE!!!
Peyton would be crazy not to go to the Niners.  If Peyton goes to San Fran (or should I say Santa Clara) I think they'd be the odds-on NFC favorite.
Congrats Coop!
Yeah San Fran is clearly the best option for Peyton if he wants to win.  And it's worth the risk for the Niners as well.  Smith had a nice season last year, but you could find a QB equal to his level just about any year if for whatever reason things don't work out with Peyton.

As for B. Lloyd, I think he may have hurt his own worth being so outspoken about how much he wanted to go to the Patriots.  He didn't shy away from the fact that he loved playing for Josh McDaniels and he'd love to play with Tom Brady.  I love the guy for it, being a Patriot fan, but it probably wasn't the smartest move on his part.  Word is that the 49ers interest in him was a smokescreen drummed up by his agent, so the Pats were really his only option.  Luckily for them, they didn't have to throw crazy dollars his way like other WR's have gotten.  He is 30 years old too, so teams may think he's only got a few good years left in the tank.  Speculation too, that the Patriots did offer Reggie Wayne a contract, but he chose to stay with the Colts.  He made some comment about how it came down to two teams, and Colts fans wouldn't want to know who the second team was.  So he didn't SAY it was the Patriots, but it sounds like it. 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #746 on: March 19, 2012, 12:01:35 PM »

AP reporting Manning to Denver..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #747 on: March 19, 2012, 12:16:55 PM »

AP reporting Manning to Denver..

Tebow supposedly going "somewhere in Florida"....Jacksonville or Miami....probably Jacksonville.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 12:18:27 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #748 on: March 19, 2012, 02:25:49 PM »

Well Peyton..good luck winning multiple superbowls with the Broncos...lmao!

I still say the Niners got a waaay better shot at winning it all this year than the Broncos do...I guess the guy likes money more than accomplishments   hihi

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #749 on: March 19, 2012, 04:43:22 PM »

He would've been better going to the Niners or Titans IMO.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #750 on: March 19, 2012, 04:54:03 PM »

I think Peyton's presence gives Denver a chance to be 8-8 or 9-7 next season. I'm only being realistic. If you take it in absolutes, it looks great. But remember, Denver hasn't signed any free agents because they've been waiting for Peyton's decision. So they're far behind, with an offense that doesn't really have many game-breakers. There's no Marvin Harrison or Reggie Wayne to throw to (even though Demaryius Thomas has great potential). Manning will have to get used to his new surroundings and teammates. No longer will he be able to feast on a weak division like he did for years in the AFC South, where you could pencil in 5-1 automatically. The Chargers are just as good as Denver, with their own stud QB; the Chiefs are better than people think and improved in free agency; and the Raiders are better than they've been in years.

Peyton is Peyton, and he makes everyone better. But have you seen the Broncos' schedule this year? At home, they play at three playoff teams from 2011 that should be even better in the coming season: Houston, Pittsburgh and New Orleans. They'll also host a revamped Buccaneers squad that should be far more competitive in 2012. On the road, they visit four more playoff teams from a year ago: Baltimore, Cincinnati, New England and Atlanta. They also take a trip to Carolina, which has a pretty decent guy under center, too. Denver can be very good but still not show improvement in the win column because of this monster schedule.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827b390c/article/peyton-manningled-broncos-suddenly-afc-favorites?module=HP11_cp

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #751 on: March 19, 2012, 06:08:40 PM »

yeah I dont know about this move, the Bronco's are certainly not a win now team, the 49ers are, how much longer does Peyton THINK he is going to be playing?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #752 on: March 19, 2012, 11:21:06 PM »

I'll go on record saying I don't think it's a money thing.  The reports I've heard is that he wanted to stay in the AFC...familiarity with personnel and schemes, etc.

Also, do u guys see Harbaugh ceding the reins and allowing Manning to be a true field general?  I don't.
Plus...everybody knows I love my Randy Moss...but Randy, Crabtree, and Vernon are all potential headcases.
Maybe Eli keyed Peyton in on Manningham too, I have no idea.

Let me just say...and I mean this...the niners should fly down to Mississippi...there's a guy on a tractor down there that could put that team over the hump!
Rocket arm, going to a team that badly needs a qb who can get the ball downfield to those vertical threats...lock-down D, Gore/Hunter 1-2 punch...if it wasn't for Alex "Choke" Smith, that team would have been in the Super Bowl.
Fuck, I'd probably roll Jeff George in over Alex Smith.   hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #753 on: March 20, 2012, 08:09:09 AM »

if it wasn't for Alex "Choke" Smith, that team would have been in the Super Bowl.

Im not defending Smith's career in SF....but the truth is: Smith didn't fumble those 2 punt returns in the NFC championship game.  THATS why the 9'ers weren't in the Super Bowl.

Smith played well enough for them to win, in that game.  Not spectacular...with that I agree...but well enough to win.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #754 on: March 20, 2012, 03:58:29 PM »

Well its official Manning to the Broncos, 5 years 90 million.
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #755 on: March 20, 2012, 05:14:25 PM »

Im not defending Smith's career in SF....but the truth is: Smith didn't fumble those 2 punt returns in the NFC championship game.  THATS why the 9'ers weren't in the Super Bowl.

Smith played well enough for them to win, in that game.  Not spectacular...with that I agree...but well enough to win.

Thank you...because thats the truth of the matter...and he didn't seem to choked against the saints...went toe to toe with Brees(when it counted) and won...Alex could still lead the Niners to a Superbowl

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #756 on: March 20, 2012, 08:39:41 PM »

Thank you...because thats the truth of the matter...and he didn't seem to choked against the saints...went toe to toe with Brees(when it counted) and won...Alex could still lead the Niners to a Superbowl

Coop
Well, whether ya like him or not, San Fran's stuck with him.  Good luck with that!  I'd imagine Green Bay's gotta be the odds-on favorite to win the NFC though.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #757 on: March 20, 2012, 09:13:36 PM »

Well, whether ya like him or not, San Fran's stuck with him.  Good luck with that!  I'd imagine Green Bay's gotta be the odds-on favorite to win the NFC though.

Not sure I really agree with that...they looked downright horrible in the playoffs. We will see

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #758 on: March 21, 2012, 12:02:30 AM »

Not sure I really agree with that...they looked downright horrible in the playoffs. We will see

Coop
Vegas has Green Bay as the favorite to win the Super Bowl.  The Pats are next in line followed by the Saints, Texans, Broncos (call it the Peyton Manning effect), Niners, Ravens, Eagles, Giants, Steelers.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #759 on: March 21, 2012, 01:23:45 AM »

Vegas has Green Bay as the favorite to win the Super Bowl.  The Pats are next in line followed by the Saints, Texans, Broncos (call it the Peyton Manning effect), Niners, Ravens, Eagles, Giants, Steelers.

Kinda funny that the no 1 and 2 teams have a great offense and not enough defense...and look what happened to both of them last season

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: